Bad Company 2 Beta - thoughts, opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The general concensus is that Direct2Drive is the best place to get it from. They have a preload available (steam still has not anounced one yet) and their version will unlock the same time EA's does, while Steam will unlock about 16 hours later.

Im glad there is no prone.. specially in MP.. no more dolphin diving!!.. God that was soo annoying in BF2.

I didn't get to play beta, there is no UAV or arty strikes like in BF2? Seems like that would take care of all the snipers laying around.

they have a UAV that you can fly around and shoot guided missiles with

also, with an upgrade there will be a machine gun that you can get for it as well to help kill snipers, the rockets are ment more for killing vehicles and gun emplacments.

I'm sure the machine gun would probably hasten the UAV's demise though. Once bullets start raining from the sky, EVERYONE is going to go after that fucker.

I'm sure the machine gun would probably hasten the UAV's demise though. Once bullets start raining from the sky, EVERYONE is going to go after that fucker.

I dunno, it already makes missiles come out of the sky and people ignore it well enough even while it's marked.

The general concensus is that Direct2Drive is the best place to get it from. They have a preload available (steam still has not anounced one yet) and their version will unlock the same time EA's does, while Steam will unlock about 16 hours later.

I'm seriously thinking about canceling my Steam preorder and ordering from Direct2Drive at this point. :rolleyes:

Depends on the server and the people you're with, I was in a squad with my brother and 2 randoms who were really good making an awesoem 4 man squad, one of them was hit by the UAVs missile and I revived them as the medic, and tagged the UAV and started shooting with my SAW, and all 3 joined in and it just popped in the sky.

The main problem with the UAV is that the person flying it at the start of the beta map can't be killed by sneaking up on him since you go out of bounds, it's a bit lame because the person flying is just going to rack up kills and can't be touched.

Help me out guys. I need a new game, but am unsure if I am going to like this one.

What I really like is good team based multiplayer games. I like working and depending on each other to strategize and achieve objectives. Deathmatch bores me to death in 15 minutes, I need to protect or advance an objective, together.

The last two games I've really liked are TF2 and WoW (hardcore raider) because of the team play and social aspects. I like the voice chat and the competition. I had COD4 but found the multiplayer to be absolutely mind numbing. Also, the single player campaign lost all its luster when i realized that if i didn't move more waves of enemies just kept coming forever.

So, is this a buy for me or not? Full of people playing deathmatch on all maps? Or is there actually good team based battles?

Last edited:
What I really like is good team based multiplayer games. I look working and depending on each other to strategize and achieve objectives. Deathmatch bores me to death in 15 minutes, I need to protect or advance an objective, together.

Why have you not played battlefield earlier? The BF series is known for team strategy as kdr means shit in this game. The main modes of BF are objective based as opposed to who can kill the most people without dying.

So, is this a buy for me or not? Full of people playing deathmatch on all maps? Or is there actually good team based battles?

From the beta I can say yes, and it can only get better if you know the other 3 squad mates.

I couldnt get into CoD4 either, I think I got in deeper on the beta than I ever did in cod4 lol.

At this point, being so close to release, it hardly make a difference. Whether or not they do a preload now, the server are still going to be hammered on release day.

At this point, being so close to release, it hardly make a difference. Whether or not they do a preload now, the server are still going to be hammered on release day.

ya but even 24 hours will be enough for most people to get the pre-load done. The game is only a 6gig download, not 15 like stated on the req page, and even with my crappy connection I have no problems donwloading that size over night.

Well 15gb was never the download size, just the hard drive space needed to unpack and install the game.

If you cancel the steam pre-order and go with D2D can you add BC:BC2 to your steam list so you can see when your friends and stuff are on?

If you cancel the steam pre-order and go with D2D can you add BC:BC2 to your steam list so you can see when your friends and stuff are on?

Yes, but you won't get certain Steam features like gameplay tracking. Also, if DICE ever decides to add Steam achievements or Steam Cloud to the Steam version of BFBC2, you won't get those either.

You can add it as a non-steam game, which works MOST of the time. Also, BC2 has it's own buddy list, if you're trying to track your friends you can use that if you're just wanting to know if they're playing that particular game.

This feels like the longest wait I have ever had for a game. These past two days have been dragging ass.

I've taken this time to take advantage of the Eidos pack I purchased through Steam during the holiday sales. Batman AA is a pretty badass game, even without Physx :p

I bought BC2 on Amazon on Feb 20th. I marked delivery date as: Release date delivery March 2nd.

Do you guys have any experience with same date delivery? I just have a feeling that my BC2 wont be delivered on March 2nd :(

I've taken this time to take advantage of the Eidos pack I purchased through Steam during the holiday sales. Batman AA is a pretty badass game, even without Physx :p

I bought physx thinking that I may get to utilize it sometime in my gaming. Out of 55 games installed on my computer... only one uses it and I don't even play it.

I bought physx thinking that I may get to utilize it sometime in my gaming. Out of 55 games installed on my computer... only one uses it and I don't even play it.

phyX is such a gimick. its a "feature" but has no benefit.

you should buy stuff and ask yourself "how will this benefit me?" if you answer honestly you can save yourself alot of money.

dont buy a nvidia card for physX. buy it for the killer FPS in games. high FPS is a benefit.

I bought BC2 on Amazon on Feb 20th. I marked delivery date as: Release date delivery March 2nd.

Do you guys have any experience with same date delivery? I just have a feeling that my BC2 wont be delivered on March 2nd :(

my order from amazon is the same. I presumed they are just goin to mail it out tomorrow with overnight delivery (and hopefully no one needs to sign for it).
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Past two games i've bought (Mass Effect 2/Heavy Rain) I've bought from amazon using prime with release date delivery. Both times the games came on release day at around 11am with no problems. Left on my porch by the UPS guy.

phyX is such a gimick. its a "feature" but has no benefit.

you should buy stuff and ask yourself "how will this benefit me?" if you answer honestly you can save yourself alot of money.

dont buy a nvidia card for physX. buy it for the killer FPS in games. high FPS is a benefit.

PhysX is the start of the future and next big step in gaming.

Past two games i've bought (Mass Effect 2/Heavy Rain) I've bought from amazon using prime with release date delivery. Both times the games came on release day at around 11am with no problems. Left on my porch by the UPS guy.

Thank you, that gave me a vote of confidence.

guys check out the system in my sig. I'm wondering if iam good for tommrow or should i add another 4890 and do crossfire to run this game? I using a Dell 22" 2209WA monitor

I decided to buy the game from Game.co.uk, should be here before Friday.

Despite my reservations regarding the Beta (bugs, crashes, performance issues, server browser, FOV, unmappable keys etc etc - as mentioned in this thread earlier) I really need a new online shooter badly since tiring of L4D2, MW2 and TF2

I just hope DICE have ironed out the issues, it'll be interesting to boot it up. Perhaps I'm being uncharacteristically optimistic but fingers x'ed!

So if you buy a boxed copy, you'll need an EA account and presumably, another damn sys tray program running all the time? Am I reading into that correctly here and there or did I somehow grossly misinterpret this ea account business?

Do you need that same shit if you buy via steam?

Sorry for dumb questions...didn't really find an answer in the last 10 pages of the thread...

planning to purchase, its just a matter of when and how. I'll probably wait a few days just for some final input on the game...but I haven't been this excited over gaming since SC2 was announced...and then I remembered itll be an eternity until thats out (PS - I'm still waiting for it haha).

Thanks for any input!!!

EA account yes, systray program no.

thanks for clearing it up...thats what I was hoping. I figured there would have been more gnashing of teeth if it was another windows gaming account kind of deal.

Problem is, I still cant decide if I want to buy boxed or steam haha :(

guys check out the system in my sig. I'm wondering if iam good for tommrow or should i add another 4890 and do crossfire to run this game? I using a Dell 22" 2209WA monitor

You'll be fine. The beta showed how CPU dependent the game is and you're A-OK in that regard.

hopefully I can run it maxed

anyone going to gamestops midnight release?

Hell no, I didn't even do that for WoW: Wrath of the Lich King when I made my friend go.

I did do the midnight launch for the Wii and GameCube though. Never again.

/facepalm
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

...dude the game went gold almost 2 weeks ago and is being shipped as we speak. It's in stores on Tuesday.

I think he means to ask if they will do an open demo. I'd guess they won't. The game rocks, just buy it.

No demo planned for PC. Consoles only.

http://www.fragcast.org/?p=608&page=2

Yes I am sorry I mispoke myself, I meant to say demo.

I will not purchase this game without a demo on PC. I find that almost 80% of my game purchasing now is due to playing the demo.

So no one things that we are going to get a demo for PC?

i played the demo on the ps3 and liked it so i got it for the pc

i dunno but it seems everyone has been playing this game for the last month or 2 with beta verison. As you can see the game has quite a following so i feel pretty good about this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back