Bad Comcast Service? Call The CEO’s Mom

HardOCP News

[H] News
I'm on the fence on this one. Sure, Comcast sucks at customer service but calling the CEO's 92 year old mother to complain is a dick move. :(

I GREW UP in a neighborhood where even the really bad kids could be brought back in line when someone tattled on them to their moms. That's why I picked up the phone on Thursday and called the 92-year-old mother of Comcast Corporation's chairman and CEO Brian Roberts.

It's time to take the big guns out. Nothing will be spared anymore!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
no matter how rich ad powerful you are, your mother will always make you do the right thing.

Two wrongs don't make a right ... if the company is bad then drop them, sue them, harass the company itself (if you can do so legally), become a stockholder and hold them accountable in stockholder meetings but don't be a douche and harass people unrelated to the company in question (relatives, children, spouses, etc) ;)

Effin A.... That is absurd. Screw Comcast, or Xfinity... Or whatever the hell they call themselves. I live in a major comcast/xfinity served area outside of Filthadelphia. I ditched them and switched to Verizon Fios after Comcast demanded to see the death certificate of my dead grandmother whom I was trying to transfer device from. I had moved into her home after she passed because the property had been in ty family for a while and I neededba new place. When they wouldn't let me transfer service to my name without a death certificate (I was on site at a Comcast location) I told them to cancel and I switched to FIOS. Screw them.

Effin A.... That is absurd. Screw Comcast, or Xfinity... Or whatever the hell they call themselves. I live in a major comcast/xfinity served area outside of Filthadelphia. I ditched them and switched to Verizon Fios after Comcast demanded to see the death certificate of my dead grandmother whom I was trying to transfer device from. I had moved into her home after she passed because the property had been in ty family for a while and I neededba new place. When they wouldn't let me transfer service to my name without a death certificate (I was on site at a Comcast location) I told them to cancel and I switched to FIOS. Screw them.

That's exactly what I'd tell the Comcast CEO...

"You don't want me calling your mom?!?! Send me her death certificate."

Two wrongs don't make a right ... if the company is bad then drop them, sue them, harass the company itself (if you can do so legally), become a stockholder and hold them accountable in stockholder meetings but don't be a douche and harass people unrelated to the company in question (relatives, children, spouses, etc) ;)

Drop them? What if no other alternatives are available?

Sue them? Not that I wouldn't want to do it, but what if I don't have the money to burn?

Harass them? Phones are a two edged sword. You can hang up on people, but so can they. Legally? As in lawyer legal? Under what statute under the law???

Become a shareholder? How many percent of one company do you have to take ownership of until people not just listen to you, but DO as you expect them to? Given that Comcast is valued at 147Billion, I better start to save my pennies. Nah, I'll just spend half and build my own fiber connection network.

It's not the CEO's Mom's fault now is it? Go down and demonstrate in front of Comcast's offices, that would get a lot of PR.

WTF? Look, I hate Comcast as much as the next guy, but this was a total dick move.

When you're a kid, your parents are responsible for you, so calling someone's mom to complain is an acceptable course of action. However, when you become an ADULT, your parents are no longer responsible for what you do. So calling this guy's 92 year old mother is just... reprehensible.

one the one hand, Comcast is a pile of shit. on the other hand, this author is a pile of shit.

The fact that it got to this point, a guy calling his mom, is not excusable for ... Comcast. The thought (to call somebody's mom) should have NEVER entered anybody's mind to get a reaction from Comcast. Comcast is the idiot.

Dick move. Definitely a dick move. Plenty of parents out there will say, "I raised my child better than that." Many of them did. At some point, people grow up and make their own decisions. Some grew up to be lawyers, others grew up to be murderers, others grew up to be Hitlers and Stalins, and then this guy became the CEO of Comcast. After half a century, you can't blame the mother for the CEO's/company's bad behavior.

On the other hand, she does work for the company as a personality, so....

You can only change so many peoples billing names until someone drops everything they're doing and calls your CEO's mother.

Heads will roll.

I ditched them and switched to Verizon Fios after Comcast demanded to see the death certificate of my dead grandmother whom I was trying to transfer device from.

That is standard practice. You are trying to make a change to somebody's account. This person isn't here so you need to prove that you have the right to make the change. Should I be able to call and say that you are dead and that I want to change your account information?

You can only change so many peoples billing names until someone drops everything they're doing and calls your CEO's mother.

Heads will roll.

Honestly, the episode of the insistent sales rep going on and on about why the customer wanting to cancel his subscription is NOTHING in comparison.
He was insistent, but he was polite, even though he was pushy.
Talk about those jackasses in the billing department deserving to get fired!

I think it's awesome. I've been fucked over by comcast enough times that I think it's appropriate.

Tattling to their mom works well with schoolyard bullies, so it figures it would also work with a CEO who is behaving like a bully to his customers.

That's exactly what I'd tell the Comcast CEO...

"You don't want me calling your mom?!?! Send me her death certificate."

You just, kinda-sorta, neglected to mention you were into necrophilia though right?

:D

That's great. But by many accounts, Verizon is just as bad, as Comcast.
And worse, Verizon has basically ceased new development/build-outs for FIOS.

So, how does your "lesson" help anyone else?

So he got the desired result by calling the assholes mother, whats the problem here? He didnt even talk to the mother anyway, it was his mothers assistant. PROBLEM SOLVED. Everyone call his mom now when you have a problem. Granted, someone NOT YOU will have their appointment cancelled, but after all that time, isnt that what should have happened anyway?

Good job.

I am 100% against doxing, but holy shit, the stuff people are resorting to in order to get SERVICE from Comcast? This is fucking disgusting.

14 days missed work? HALF a months pay and they still hadn't hooked up their cable? Yeah, I think I would be rather fucking irrational as well.

I GREW UP in a neighborhood where even the really bad kids could be brought back in line when someone tattled on them to their moms. That's why I picked up the phone on Thursday and called the 92-year-old mother of Comcast Corporation's chairman and CEO Brian Roberts.

LMAO!!!!

So he got the desired result by calling the assholes mother, whats the problem here? He didnt even talk to the mother anyway, it was his mothers assistant. PROBLEM SOLVED. Everyone call his mom now when you have a problem. Granted, someone NOT YOU will have their appointment cancelled, but after all that time, isnt that what should have happened anyway?

Good job.

Would you feel that same if Comcast called the auther's mother because the author was behind on payments to them?

I am 100% against doxing, but holy shit, the stuff people are resorting to in order to get SERVICE from Comcast? This is fucking disgusting.

14 days missed work? HALF a months pay and they still hadn't hooked up their cable? Yeah, I think I would be rather fucking irrational as well.

Yup, and this is a major part of the reason they won't change.

People don't care what hoops they have to jump through they will do it anyway. So why should they change how they are? They know as well as anyone else if Comcast is in your area you are going to be begging them to give you service.

Well the problem is everything you listed is a non-solution, except suing them or being a board member, and those require a lot of money which the vast majority of people don't have. I don't think distressing a 92 year old woman is good either, but this is the sort of thing that happens when people have no real recourse.

Would you feel that same if Comcast called the auther's mother because the author was behind on payments to them?

You do know that Comcast just disables service then sends the debt to one of a myriad of collection agencies, some of which do just that...call your mom, brother, sister, former roommate,etc...right?

You do know that Comcast just disables service then sends the debt to one of a myriad of collection agencies, some of which do just that...call your mom, brother, sister, former roommate,etc...right?

I didn't ask that, I asked if you would support comcast calling people's mothers if their bill is overdue?

I didn't ask that, I asked if you would support comcast calling people's mothers if their bill is overdue?

They fucking do! Dont pay your bill and if your mother has a listed phone number guess who will get a ring eventually...:rolleyes:

The real question is what kind of dipshit CEO dont get his mother an unlisted number? Especially when you run a company that doctor evil and scrooge mcduck would be proud of.

As others have already said, Comcast does. That's why I support calling the CEO's mom. Payback is sometimes a wrinkled, 92-year-old bitch.

That is standard practice. You are trying to make a change to somebody's account. This person isn't here so you need to prove that you have the right to make the change. Should I be able to call and say that you are dead and that I want to change your account information?

It's a bit different when when you have the same last name and live at the address where the service is at, but I do see what you're saying.

Back