Backup software options?

BGM

Limp Gawd
Hello,

I am entertaining the possibility of replacing my backup software, currently i use CA Brightstor ARCserve Backup and its 'OK' but not amazing, i find it very clunky, and slow.. although that might be the machine...

so, as im going to replace the server its on, to a dual xeon jobbie, i thought id look at new software..

has anyone got any recommendations? i need to connect to two other windows2003 servers as well as the one its installed on and back up across the network, things like exchange2003, SQL databases etc etc

everything iv got atm works fine, just wnating to know if there is anything better out there?

cheers!

Man, there are so many requests for backup software it might make sense to sticky one someday. Anyway, I only do backups of my personal stuff but I really love Acronis Trueimage and they do have a corporate license, though I'm not sure what the exact differences are.

From their website:

Acronis True Image Enterprise Server 8.0 for Windows allows you to create the exact server disk image for complete server backup providing organizations with the most comprehensive, reliable, and cost effective server protection.

The server disk backup file includes all the server disk data including system, programs, databases, and the like.

After a system crash, Acronis True Image ES allows administrators to perform a full system restore, a bare-metal server restore or just restore of data bases, files, and folders in minutes.

The Acronis Management Console included into Acronis True Image ES offers far greater flexibility for corporate IT departments. From this console administrators can deploy backup agents on remote servers and create server backup images over the network, increasing the IT department's productivity and reducing costs.

www.acronis.com

interesting, i did a search for 'backup software'

didnt really get what i wanted back...

iv looked at acronis, seems good i love their partition software

any more for any more

I did not mean to sound insulting when I said how many threads there were. It's just that, in the past week or so, I've responded to 3 or 4 threads on backups. Of course, most of the others were looking for a cheap solution first and foremost.

Back