Backpage.com, CEO Plead Guilty in California, Texas, and Arizona

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgMekanic

[H]ard|News
In the cascade of events surrounding Backpage.com recently, chief executive Carl Ferrer has pleaded guilty of 3 counts of money laundering and one count on conspiracy in California, and human trafficking in Texas according to a report from The Associated Press. Ferrer will cooperate in prosecuting Backpage.com's creators, and will make the company's data available to law enforcement as prosecutions continue. For his cooperation, he will serve no more than 5 years in prison under a California plea agreement.

If that wasn't enough, The Associated Press announced on it's Twitter a few hours ago that Backpage.com and it's chief executive have also pleaded guilty to federal conspiracy charges in Arizona. The news of the guilty pleas comes after Backpage.com was shut down by the FBI earlier this month, and just 2 days ago the websites founders were indicted on 93 counts. Thanks to cageymaru for the story.

Four employees and the site’s founders pleaded not guilty to the federal charges. Lacey and Larkin also earlier pleaded not guilty to the California charges after Sacramento County Superior Court Judge Larry Brown last year allowed the state to continue with money laundering charges. Prosecutors allege Backpage’s operators illegally funneled nearly $45 million through multiple companies and created websites to get around banks that refused to process their transactions.

Last edited:
Crap! Now we've gotta go back to dealing with the Russians if we want to set up a Cuban orgy with Irish/Italian Mistress twist. BackPage made it as easy as clicking "Reorder saved favorite -> Pastie: Rolled, Whipped and Plugged Full" :ROFLMAO:

5 years in a minimum security prison.... for millions of dollars........

I'm still jealous. They made over $150 million. I can only dream of that kind of money. If I had that money, I could have hookers and blow 24/7/365

5 years in a minimum security prison.... for millions of dollars........

I'm still jealous. They made over $150 million. I can only dream of that kind of money. If I had that money, I could have hookers and blow 24/7/365

My guess is that all those assets will be seized by the gubmint, but I'm not familiar with the applicable laws in the 'States.

From TFA, "Ferrer's federal plea deal requires him to help the government seize all the company's assets." He also agreed to make company data available to investigators. So all of those hook ups with hot Filipino hookers? The Feds now know.

From TFA, "Ferrer's federal plea deal requires him to help the government seize all the company's assets." He also agreed to make company data available to investigators. So all of those hook ups with hot Filipino hookers? The Feds now know.

Key words there is "Companies assets". I guarantee he has millions stashed under an alias in a private offshore account they will never touch.

He was involved in human trafficking. All the jokes here about not being able to exploit these victims anymore is pretty disturbing joking or not...

He was involved in human trafficking. All the jokes here about not being able to exploit these victims anymore is pretty disturbing joking or not...

I think many american see prostitution as something that could be legalized and "Sex is just sex"... but the problem with backpage and many other sites is it also included sex with child abduction victims or adults that are victims (abduction or death threats/forced or forced addicts etc) or people stolen from other countries etc. That part is just f'd up and scary as hell when people are snatching kids for backpage banging.

Sex trafficking, aka slavery, has been going on for thousands of years. What Backpage enabled was the phrase "using a computer". All that's going to happen from this is a few people go to jail, some criminal forfeiture will happen and a few politicians will use this as a stepping stone up.

This is just part of a global take-down of human/child sex traffickers connected to the DNC/Podesta Wikileaks emails leaked by Seth Rich. Lots of butt holes puckering in Washington D.C. right now. Better late than never.

I think many american see prostitution as something that could be legalized and "Sex is just sex"... but the problem with backpage and many other sites is it also included sex with child abduction victims or adults that are victims (abduction or death threats/forced or forced addicts etc) or people stolen from other countries etc. That part is just f'd up and scary as hell when people are snatching kids for backpage banging.
#ThisShitRightHere

THe trafficking occurs because the demand outstrips the supply, because the outdated/parochial/evangelical laws make entry into and success within the prostitution industry difficult for those who want more control over that they're doing. THe way the system is structured now, the only real protection the girls get are the muscle supplied by the pimps, and they exact a HUGE toll on the girls (and we thought sweatshop workers overseas were overworked??).

Legalize it, regulate it, and a LARGE percentage of sex slavery and trafficking will go away; and the hunt for the rest will become ALOT easer for law enforcement.

This is just part of a global take-down of human/child sex traffickers connected to the DNC/Podesta Wikileaks emails leaked by Seth Rich. Lots of butt holes puckering in Washington D.C. right now. Better late than never.
"Hillary the sex-trafficker", am I right? :tard:

:D :tard: really? Go lookup how many of her people have already been arrested for pedophilia and sex trafficking. Yeah...she is completely surrounded by convicted pedophiles. Birds of a feather.

And Backpage.com were huge supporters of hers. You need to change the lenses in your rose tinted glasses.

BTW this is not even a political issue that needs to be taken to Soapbox. This is one of those things that goes well beyond politics.

If Hillary was President right now Backpage.com would still be around. ;)

Can you remove your lips from the republicans/Trumps ass long enough to not post stupid uninformed political ramblings in irrelevant threads? Also, it couldn't hurt to stop focusing on someone who is not in office/politics anymore, and focus on the pedos/rapists/abusers that currently are.

#ThisShitRightHere

THe trafficking occurs because the demand outstrips the supply, because the outdated/parochial/evangelical laws make entry into and success within the prostitution industry difficult for those who want more control over that they're doing. THe way the system is structured now, the only real protection the girls get are the muscle supplied by the pimps, and they exact a HUGE toll on the girls (and we thought sweatshop workers overseas were overworked??).

Legalize it, regulate it, and a LARGE percentage of sex slavery and trafficking will go away; and the hunt for the rest will become ALOT easer for law enforcement.

100% agree. History proves any time the government bans shit like prostitution, drugs, alcohol etc, it just moves to underground channels causing FAR more problems than they were trying to solve by making illegal in the first place.

"Oh noz there is too much violence in the streets from competing cartels...." So legalize/regulate that shit and put them out of business. It's to bad they don't care about solving the problem, just politicizing it for their own gain.

Can you remove your lips from the republicans/Trumps ass long enough to not post stupid uninformed political ramblings in irrelevant threads? Also, it couldn't hurt to stop focusing on someone who is not in office/politics anymore, and focus on the pedos/rapists/abusers that currently are.
Not a Republican or a Trump supporter. Why would you stop focusing on anyone anytime that is a pedo/rapist/abuser? Also this is completely relevant. You just showed your partisanship to all of us and you don't even realize it. You made it political. The fact that you think I am uninformed after what you just posted is hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back