backing outlook 2003 emails to a file

Asian Fury

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm about to reformat my computer and put on SP2 but before I do so I wanna back up my email in Outlook 2003. Does anyone know how to back it up to a file so I can reload it later when I install Office 2003 on my reformatted computer?

Load outlook, select inbox, select all files, drag with left mouse click to any folder you want, burn folder to cdrw.

Once your new windows is installed, do the same drag from cdrw folder to outlook inbox..done :D

It works with everything in outlook, emails, contacts, tasks, notes, but not with calendar :(

OldMX

click on the root folder in Outlook (Personal Folders) and go to File -> Import/Export. Choose to export it as a PST file, and burn/back that file up. WHen you re-install, Import it back in to Outlook the same way. It takes everything with it like Calendar, Contacts, Notes, Messages... etc. If you are using Outlook Rules, you may want to export those from the rules wizard.

zlooop said:
Did you search for windows knowledge base for maybe 20 seconds?

Dure, relax, he's asking for help and we're here to help..remember that

OldMX

Im relaxed :)

I just want him to search the windows knowledge base, cause its actually pretty helpful.

Back