Back to green team after a long run with AMD

Dark12

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey folks,
Could not stand another summer with my reference Vega 56 screaming at me any time I wanted to game.
Sold it on craigslist for $250 and I think I got a nice upgrade:
It was open box for $428 at microcenter. The service team there ran some benchmarks for 30 minutes before I purchased it to make sure it didn't artifact. Also got a $30 mail in rebate.
I am very happy with it so far!

WTAYooc.png

Hey folks,
Could not stand another summer with my reference Vega 56 screaming at me any time I wanted to game.
Sold it on craigslist for $250 and I think I got a nice upgrade:
It was open box for $428 at microcenter. The service team there ran some benchmarks for 30 minutes before I purchased it to make sure it didn't artifact. Also got a $30 mail in rebate.
I am very happy with it so far!

View attachment 157393

Screaming at you? LOL! Must have had some serious airflow issues. :D That said, glad you got what makes you happy and you managed to sell your card at near new price, nice. Also, not having to pay to test the card and getting a $30 rebate is icing on the cake. :)

Last edited:
Thanks everyone.
This is my first nv card since the 8800gt.
Regarding the Vega 56 'screaming' at me. Gaming would bring my temps to ~72C and I just didn't like the sound of the blower.
I was searching for options to cool my vega56 better. Either an aftermarket cooler or reapplying paste. Then I decided I would rather just find a card with cooling that is better stock.
After some gaming today I topped out at 56C and I never heard the 2070 over the rest of my PC.

I also sold my Fury I had collecting dust in my closet so this was a very inexpensive upgrade/sidegrade. I wouldn't have done it for the full retail price of an rtx2070.

Thanks everyone.
This is my first nv card since the 8800gt.
Regarding the Vega 56 'screaming' at me. Gaming would bring my temps to ~72C and I just didn't like the sound of the blower.
I was searching for options to cool my vega56 better. Either an aftermarket cooler or reapplying paste. Then I decided I would rather just find a card with cooling that is better stock.
After some gaming today I topped out at 56C and I never heard the 2070 over the rest of my PC.

I also sold my Fury I had collecting dust in my closet so this was a very inexpensive upgrade/sidegrade. I wouldn't have done it for the full retail price of an rtx2070.

Well done all around. It's a good upgrade, The RTX2070 is more card than the V56/64. Cool and efficient is just a bonus. As is DLSS...:)

Back