Back for a return engagement: Dell Mini 9 for $194.37 + Tax & Ship

DevilDoc

2[H]4U
They discontinued the Mini 9 in June. Now they've brought it back for a limited time - it can be had for $199 + shipping for 4 days only - supposedly.

Dell Mini 9 @ Dell.com

I used my Union membership account to get an additional 7% off of the price. If you're crafty and look around the web you too can find a way to get the extra percentage off.

$199 config:

Inspiron Mini 9n Intel® Atom Processor® N270 (1.6GHz/533Mhz FSB/512K cache) AQN27UN [224-0776]
OPERATING SYSTEM(Ubuntu) Ubuntu Linux version 8.04.1 LINX [420-9205]
System Color Option Alpine White WHT [311-9265]
MEMORY 1GB DDR2 at 533MHz 1G1D [311-9263]
LCD Panel Glossy 8.9 inch LED display (1024X600) WSVG [320-7130]
VIDEO Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 950 INTGC [320-7126]
Hard Drive 4GB Solid State Drive 4GBSSD [341-7611]
WWAN Base LCD Assembly NOBB [430-3223]
Wireless Wireless 802.11g Mini Card WLEMBC [430-3225]
Camera Module Integrated 0.3M Pixel Webcam DCAM [320-7127]
Battery 32WHr Battery (4 cell) 4BAT [312-0776]
Service 1Yr Ltd Warranty and Mail-In Service ST111RR [950-3337][960-2780][988-6059][990-7989][991-0320][992-2067]
Installation No Installation NOINSTL [900-9987]
Trigger Logic Module (hidden online) Base LCD Assembly in White

The outlet has a bunch with 8GB SSDs and XP Home for the same price. The Dell outlet coupons that went out today apply for 15% off. I might go the outlet route since i've been wanting one of these for under $200. $170 is even better. :D

I bit on this outlet model for $169.15AC + tax and free shipping:

Inspiron Mini 9 (910) Laptop: Intel Atom Processor N270 (1.6GHz/533Mhz FSB/512K cache) No DVD or CD Drive
4 Cell Primary Battery
30W AC Adapter
Obsidian Black
512 MB DDR2 SDRAM 800MHz (1 DIMMs)
32BIT Operating System CD
Genuine Windows XP Home
8.9 inch Wide Screen WSVGA (1024 x 600 screen resolution) TrueLife
8 GB Solid State Drive
Microsoft Works 9.0
Wireless 802.11g Mini Card

It has the same warranty as a new model.

Wait, on the TECH SPECS it says UP TO 1GB...

Does it mean that's the maximum? Or is that the amount of memory that comes with it.

The Dell outlet coupons that went out today apply for 15% off. I might go the outlet route since i've been wanting one of these for under $200. $170 is even better. :D

Care to share the coupon?

tempting. the mini9 is the one that is comepletly accepts OS X. Might just *have* to order.

i have 1 of the 15%outlet coupons if you want one 1st come first serve.
i used the other to buy a inspiron 530 for 169 and a mini 10 for 210.
1st to pm me gets it

GONE

Last edited:
I could use a coupon if anyone has a spare :), in for a Mini 9 or Mini 10.

In for a Mini 9... my first netbook.

Many thanks to my new best pal, bufodr_T, for the coupon!!! :)

that coupon can be used only once but for multiple items on that order.

I have a 15% off coupon if someone would like it.

V8MM0S12CP0WBB

Please post if you use it.

^^^

"The following coupons have been entered but require additional information or do not meet eligibility requirements. Click "View Details" link(s) for more information."

But there's no such option. Do I have to create and account and log in first?

It still says "4 days only: Get this Mini 9 for $199! Discount applied at checkout." when you actually click "customize"

^^^

"The following coupons have been entered but require additional information or do not meet eligibility requirements. Click "View Details" link(s) for more information."

But there's no such option. Do I have to create and account and log in first?
That's a 15% off coupon for the outlet.

http://outlet.us.dell.com/ARBOnline...b=INSP&MODEL_DESC=Inspiron Mini 9 - 910&s=dfh

If you want an unused or virtually new system in the outlet, choose one labeled "previously ordered new" on the left.

does this guy support winxp or vista? I see the config only allows for ubuntu so I wonder if the drivers are they for winders

does this guy support winxp or vista? I see the config only allows for ubuntu so I wonder if the drivers are they for winders
Vista won't install on a 4GB SSD unless it's been (heavily) modified. http://rickatnight11.com/?p=71

The "Ubuntu" version is the same hardware (besides the default SSD size) as the XP model. The mini 9 drivers are on the support page.

Majority of the Mini 9's actually came with Windows XP on them and Dell did a decent job of tuning the system to run responsively. I had every intention of blowing Windows away as soon as I got mine when I bought a cheap refrub back in Feb but it's been running so well that I left Windows XP on it.

any reason one couldn't install a normal HDD? does this use one of the ssd's that are smaller than 2.5"?

I got my mom a new Mini 9 (w/ XP). Can't complain saving 30 bucks. Looks like all the previously new ones in the outlet were out... just refurbed units :( Would have liked saving a ton on a used one, but getting a new one allowed me to get the jade green color, now my mom will be styling :D

tempting. the mini9 is the one that is comepletly accepts OS X. Might just *have* to order.

10v is essentially the same thing. I dual boot XP/OSX with the 10v and I like it better simply because of the shift key placement, but $170 or so for a Mini 9 is tough to beat since the Mini 10v's are all about $250 even from the outlet.

I would have gone the Outlet route, had I been able to locate one with Bluetooth and Webcam onboard.

The BT & Cam can be bought aftermarket directly from Dell, but this requires dismantling the Mini9 in entirety, and possibly voiding the warranty. Though a good friend of mine is a dell certified technician, so that could circumvent that issue. hmm.....

Back