Back 4 Blood from Turtle Rock Studios

it's really really lame that there are 4 playable human characters... it's 2021, we should have a full character creator. at the very least give us a few selectable ones to choose from

Improved the splatters and comical one liners between the chars. The really need someone from Treyach to do the gun animations. At least there are more than 4 characters. I would add z bunch of weird music for the Mini bosses though.

Back 4 Blood– Extended E3 Trailer

Back 4 Blood is coming October 12, 2021...

Reactions: Axman
like this
I just hope the GamepPass version of this isn't compromised in some way. Everything about this game checks the right boxes, I liked the beta test, and the trailer shows that they actually give a damn about the PC version.

I just hope the GamepPass version of this isn't compromised in some way. Everything about this game checks the right boxes, I liked the beta test, and the trailer shows that they actually give a damn about the PC version.
If other gamepass releases are any indication it will be the full main game with the worst case it will exclude any season pass/extra content l that you will still need to buy. Destiny 2 is a good example, we got the full Beyond light expansion for free but you still needed to buy the seasons/season pass to enjoy the seasonal content.

If other gamepass releases are any indication it will be the full main game with the worst case it will exclude any season pass/extra content l that you will still need to buy. Destiny 2 is a good example, we got the full Beyond light expansion for free but you still needed to buy the seasons/season pass to enjoy the seasonal content.

Steam version gets DLSS and Ray Tracing @ launch but GamePass version does not.

They plan to “add it sometime in the near future”

Why is it missing them? Like an old build or something?

Why is it missing them? Like an old build or something?

It's not out yet. Also, it's not.

That was (hopefully) a jab at The Ascent, which just launched on gamepass and is missing those features, despite the Steam version having them. It is an anomaly, other gamepass games don't have this problem. There's no reason to believe B4B won't support DLSS at launch on GP (to my knowledge, there is no planned RT support at all).

Open Beta with preorders starts Aug. 5th might be a good game on my vacation. My backlog is from 2014 though.

Open Beta with preorders starts Aug. 5th might be a good game on my vacation. My backlog is from 2014 though.
Cool, Im going the gamepass route so no open beta for me unless I want to do their twitch route (watch certain streamers for 1 hour to "earn" access to the beta)

Got a random beta invite today, selected Xbox but now the code.is coming back as invalid. Hoping that changes once the next beta actually starts lol.

Got a random beta invite today, selected Xbox but now the code.is coming back as invalid. Hoping that changes once the next beta actually starts lol.
Got an email.and hour later stating that Xbox & ps codes won't be able to activate untill 12pm pst today. Steam codes will activate now but you won't be able to download the game till then as well.

Got my code this morning. Excited to see the new features in the game.

Played some of the new beta... the game is coming along nicely. Really feels like L4D2. Still trying to get a handle on the card system but so far it's pretty good.

I like the attachments, and the extra depth in general they've added. Feels already like it's something I will be considering to purchase.
Runs super smooth, I have everything cranked up and am easily running 100+ frames with my 2070s at 1440p. (DLSS on)

Here's an extra code if anyone wants it -
First come first serve

Use this link to redeem your Back 4 Blood code https://www.back4blood.com/?WBGHCode=GCRA2MNH4

I'm installing this on my laptop to see how well a 2700U can run it.

So what are the big advancements in this game coming from L4D2? Honestly even the graphics don't look like THAT big of an upgrade

Well it certainly isn't optimized to run on APUs just yet. 25-35 FPS at 720p with things turned down. Weird input lag, too. Gonna twist the knobs, settings-wise, but I don't have high expectations. The same machine has no problems playing Skyrim and WWZ with medium-to-low settings. L4D2 will run at a locked 60 FPS with everything cranked up, but that shouldn't surprise people about AMD APUs anymore.

And it does look better than L4D2, although it's also a little more ... comic-book-like? The gore is over the top and heavily saturated.

Normal difficulty is too easy.
If you increase difficulty to veteran then team killing becomes a problem with random players who either rage because they ran in front of you and you accidentally demolished their health bar with a shotgun or bolt action rifle or they get mad at you for scaring the birds that triggers a horde. Playing with randos in anything but normal will be challenging.

I'm going to try this but my vacation will be over before I can try the open Beta on Thursday. My backlog is from 2014 though and Deathloop and BF 2042 is right around the corner. If the game wasn't full price I would have no problem. Like 29.99 or something. Darktide is really far off which maybe good. I just need to quit my job.

89K players peak today which isn't bad but I wonder how many actually bought the game?

Lol everyone is complaining about the price on Steam.

Last edited:
I just checked my email I got a code downloading now. Not sure how to get the friends code keys

The DLSS ghosting/artifacting in the beta is very noticeable. I'm guessing they're using a version older than DLSS 2.2. I've tried swapping in nvgx_dlss.dll files for versions 2.0.34, 2.2.6, 2.2.10, and 2.2.11 and the game disables DLSS entirely with all of these files. Anyone have any success swapping DLSS dll files?

Last edited:
Back