B550 Vision - a really clean board

tangoseal

[H]F Junkie
Here is a really clean board for a change - Thoughts?

1591754464573.png

I'd buy an X670 version of this board, less power consumption than the X570, ticks the right features, Intel Networking, lots of storage. Great for a whitebox ESXI server.

For many people this board will do great too. Except Asus and GB's B550 boards seem to be overpriced for this generation.

I'd sooner buy an X570 Master for 350 than a B550 Master for 280 (or a Strix X570 E at 300 than a Strix B550 E also at about 280), judging by amazon pricing and assuming stock availability.

You can put together a nice build with some white Ballistix sticks and the white GALAX GPUs.

Last edited:
I'd like to see an enthusiast marketed stripped down board
No audio or LAN, like the old days.

Give me a well thought out functional bios that's properly tested before push.

Power delivery aimed at overclockers.

Feature set that buildzoid would want for himself basically......bc he's too young to have bought an Abit BH6 when they were new

I'd buy an X670 version of this board, less power consumption than the X570, ticks the right features, Intel Networking, lots of storage. Great for a whitebox ESXI server.

For many people this board will do great too. Except Asus and GB's B550 boards seem to be overpriced for this generation.

I'd sooner buy an X570 Master for 350 than a B550 Master for 280 (or a Strix X570 E at 300 than a Strix B550 E also at about 280), judging by amazon pricing and assuming stock availability.

You can put together a nice build with some white Ballistix sticks and the white GALAX GPUs.

Not to be pedantic but I haven't seen the X570 Master for any less than $360. So $80 difference from the B550 and the specs on the B550 appear to indicate it's the superior board.

16 phase VRM from the Aorus Extreme vs 14 phase plus it has WiFi 6 and a 256Mbit BIOS as opposed to 128Mbit. No chipset fan to have to worry about either.

If all one plans to do is run one GPU and one NVMe there's literally no reason to spend almost an extra $100 for the X570 version.

The Taichi looks to be the same way.

Reactions: cvinh
like this
I like the x4 slot at the bottom. Several add-in cards I could use that are x4, and I'd hate to throttle my GPU just to insert one of those. I have no use for Wi-fi in a desktop, but if it doesn't add that much to the price of the board, I'd live with it (likely try to see if I could upgrade the wi-fi in one of my laptops with it). I wish there was pricing and availability dates release. I'm really wanting an upgrade!

Here is a really clean board for a change - Thoughts?

View attachment 252252
I like the clean look. I would much prefer this over some rediculous RGB lit crap ;). Then again, I donyt care much for RGB or lighting in general unless it has a purpose, like backlit keys on my keyboard when it's dark is useful to an extent if they aren't super bright and annoying. Flashing RGB lights on my mouse pad? Not so much.

And how many people would buy it?
200?😁 that set of 'featureless' features doesn't generally sell well.

You don't have various spare nics and a pcie soundblaster somewhere?

I mean who wouldnt want essentially an X570 Prime stripped down, or a $50 cheaper Unify, whatever the z490 equivalents are?

Especially the homelab builders bc Supermicro isn't cheap anymore.

I'd like to see an enthusiast marketed stripped down board
No audio or LAN, like the old days.

Give me a well thought out functional bios that's properly tested before push.

Power delivery aimed at overclockers.

Feature set that buildzoid would want for himself basically......bc he's too young to have bought an Abit BH6 when they were new

He would probably dislike this mobo as the heat sinks seem flat and not "enough" USB ports. :p

He would probably dislike this mobo as the heat sinks seem flat and not "enough" USB ports. :p

To be honest I wished they would stop including audio on boards. Lan is ok. But I 100% get far superior audio than the shit they solder on these boards.

I don't want to have to replicate aio bloatware testing on another b450 board without a Max sized bios chip that loses granular fan control after a Zen2/3 upgrade.

Then again AM5 in a year or 2 means I'm all stop for my personal builds.

Back