B350 Motherboards with native Ryzen 5 support

Moods

n00b
So my friend bought a Gigabyte B350M Gaming 3 which caused alot of issues as it shipped with a bios so early he couldnt boot up with his Ryzen 5 1600 in it, so we had to take it to the store and have them update the bios.

I am about to pull the trigger on a Ryzen build myself, and have been looking at alot of vendors sites, tho mainly Asus, MSI and ASrock, and while it does state which bios it supports Ryzen 5 from, it doesnt say what bios their boards actually ship with.

So I was wondering if people have experience / knowledge of this?

At this point most of those boards are probably going to ship with the first bios vsrsion released when the board hit retail.

Why take the board to the store? You can flash the BIOS from USB, no need to boot in to Windows to do that.

The Asus B350-Prime board says it has Ryzen 5 support from the early bios.

I am running an MSI B350 board with a Ryzen 5 just fine, though one of the first things I did was flash the BIOS to the latest version. Latest was a week old at time of build and the board came with one a month old.

I am running an MSI B350 board with a Ryzen 5 just fine, though one of the first things I did was flash the BIOS to the latest version. Latest was a week old at time of build and the board came with one a month old.

Same, it was the very first thing I did. Mflash to 1.3 on my b350 Tomahawk. Having some teething issues with M.2 but that's par for the course with new tech.

Back