B&M Target 1.5TB WD Elements External Harddrive - $69.99+tax

Hmm might have to bite on this... Speed isn't a huge issue as I use it as an external storage for ahem... Wii games.. was looking at one at Amazon 1TB for the same price... but for half a TB more, and all I have to do is pay taxes (not to mention I can return it if it ends up not working :D). Would be a nice replacement for an old 60GB maxtor I stuffed in a box

Yea my old 120gb drive is still chugging along for my wii. Just be careful if you jump on this and expect the warranty to be valid after cracking it open. :-(

I pulled a 1.5TB Seagate for $45 out the door (got two) at Officemax about 3 months ago.

This deal is warm, at best. Thanks though.

These were 70$ last year for the 2TB. And they came with Black Drives.

i'm gonna pick a shitload of these up tomorrow and hope they're all WD enterprise drives

Not as good as the blackfriday deal, but not bad either.

I may have to have to jump on this myself if there is a chance of getting an enterprise class drive...

Remember guys, if you yank the drives out of these there probably isn't any warranty.

If you'd like to check the exact model w/o opening you can do this with a linux live cd.

Try this:

Boot ubuntu live cd.
open gnome-terminal
sudo su
apt-get update
apt-get install smartmontools
fdisk -l (find the /dev/sd* the drive shows up as)
smartctl -d sat --all /dev/sd[something] | more

This will give you the serial, the drive type, etc.

Remember guys, if you yank the drives out of these there probably isn't any warranty.

If you'd like to check the exact model w/o opening you can do this with a linux live cd.

Try this:

Boot ubuntu live cd.
open gnome-terminal
sudo su
apt-get update

unless you absolutely need the serial, right click -> properties -> hardware in windows should give you enough information about all your drives.

unless you absolutely need the serial, right click -> properties -> hardware in windows should give you enough information about all your drives.

If you have the bare serial you can see if it has warranty as a bare drive :)

I may have to have to jump on this myself if there is a chance of getting an enterprise class drive...

Same here! I saw this at my local target, said "Meh" and walked away. Perhaps I was mistaken.

I saw these too. They are only $10 off the everyday price, so probably not a really hot deal.

Try this:

Boot ubuntu live cd.
open gnome-terminal
sudo su
apt-get update

there's a 1 year warranty

Looks like the same drive at Amazon for same price with no tax and Free Shipping. ;)
Um, for those who may not have a Target store nearby or a Target that doesn't have this in house, that is... yeah, that's it.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
That's cool, I was going to order the 1TB at Amazon (same exact price) saw the 1.5 for $15 more ($10 + $5 tax) for an extra 1/2 TB fuck it, my state needs the taxes :D

Saw these at Target today too. Honestly, I'm not terribly excited about 1.5TB drives, and especially not at $70 + tax....waiting for the next big thing to come along

Saw these at Target today too. Honestly, I'm not terribly excited about 1.5TB drives, and especially not at $70 + tax....waiting for the next big thing to come along

well it's a pretty good deal considering they've got WD Enterprise drives in there

If you remove the drive from the enclosure, can the enclosure be used with a different drive?

If you remove the drive from the enclosure, can the enclosure be used with a different drive?

yes i've had luck with seagate and and other WD drives. the rubber feet in there are really designed for WD drives though; they just fit more snugly in there

Hmm might have to bite on this... Speed isn't a huge issue as I use it as an external storage for ahem... Wii games.. was looking at one at Amazon 1TB for the same price... but for half a TB more, and all I have to do is pay taxes (not to mention I can return it if it ends up not working :D). Would be a nice replacement for an old 60GB maxtor I stuffed in a box

Psh. You could fit every good Wii game on a 16GB flash drive. :p

Back