AZ RIGG Q4 LAN Party Nov. 20th at Fab 32

ICE_9

2[H]4U
Where: 4500 S. Dobson Rd. Chandler, AZ 85248
When: Nov. 20th from 10 AM until 8 PM
Who: Anyone over 16 or accompanied by a parent
Seats: 48
Games: Yes
Cost: Free (bring some cash for food though)

Questions: PM me

Anything LAN based. We do have a 5MB up and down connection. I don't know if it will be good enough for a BC2 game or not. I would love to play that.

Awesome. I'm going to try to make it. No registration required? Will there be a game list announced at some point?

Is there a spare box available to run servers for games like BF2 that don't natively support LAN play, but offer unranked server files?

I apologize for the many questions. This will be my first LAN.

We have some spare boxes show up. I am working on a small Dell server and hope to get some more from work.

F&#*. My boss apparently doesn't think I need to attend. Sorry. I guess I have to request off June 3rd through the 5th now if I even want to make the Desert Bash Event.

You are free to miss this one if it means you come to DesertBash. You will definitely want to be at that one.

Hooray! For those of you that haven't been to one of these, it's one of the best. Lots of room, killer admin, and some really good guys.

ICE: Do you have any pics? I can't seem to find any.

I had pics in a different thread, but the links are dead. I am pretty sure I still have some. If you haven't been in the past year, we have nice koushie chairs now instead of the hard plastic ones.

I don't have Black Ops yet. I do have BC2 and definately had a good time with it. In the past, we had some issues with that game. I hope that it has been fixed so that all the online games will work.

I don't have it either Zener. I put some suggestions up on the official LANCamp posting, but here they are for those of that haven't been there yet.

The amount of laughter devolved from utterly pwning or being owned by someone across the room creates so much energy at a LAN. One game in particular comes to mind.

Mr. Pants' excessive mod for UT2K4!!

Any of you fans of Trackmania? I love the last minute of the trials when you're on edge hoping to see your time stand.

Then there's Attack on Pearl Harbor which offers arcadey aerial dogfighting and a low learning curve. Here's a video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGRIYDpJWS4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Has anyone tried out the Crysis mod, Mechwarrior Living Legends? Action starts at 3:30 in the video below...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUH1OvOl9Xs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

What else you guys got?

Please remember:

Bring Power cables, Power strip, and network cable.

NO SPEAKERS!

These are 6 foot tables as well. Try to keep your monitors under 40 inches.

Network is up. Internet gateway is up and running. I will be there between 8:30 and 9AM for finishing touches. Feel free to show up and setup if you like. At 9AM I will be leaving for breakfast. If you want to come along, be there by 9AM. Doors open at 10AM.

Also, part of the parking lot is closed for our solar installation project. There should be plenty of space, but I do have a cart available to help bring your system in.

It wasn't too big this time, but we did have a blast. There's plenty of space to spread out and ridiculously awesome chairs. I've never gotten warm there either...a problem at some LAN's that can really make things uncomfortable.

I always forget to take pictures. I agree the chairs are much comfier than before and the tables are really good. It is a training room so it is decently taken care of.

Back