Axdrenalin, Sunin and Kendrak...

Choder

[H]ard|Gawd
I just wanted to say thank you for visiting my Threats list. What with the power outages and losing some of my borgs in the past few days, it's been nice having you guys around but I'm afraid it's time to go :D

Starting tomorrow, my X3060 goes back to 3.2GHz/2200PPD and I am also going to start OC'ing my E2160. On top of that, there may also be a Wolfdale showing up on my doorstep in the near future. You guys better step it up if you plan on catching me :)

I'll be getting my bonus check in about a month and 1/2. After the IRS is done with me I should still have 5k to play with.

Then there is the wife tax......

I might have enough for a new Q6600 :p

I'll be getting my bonus check in about a month and 1/2. After the IRS is done with me I should still have 5k to play with.

Then there is the wife tax......

I might have enough for a new Q6600 :p

Careful. I've noticed the wife tax is relatively mild until computer parts are mentioned. At that point, the penalties kick in.

Careful. I've noticed the wife tax is relatively mild until computer parts are mentioned. At that point, the penalties kick in.

It mostly depends on the wife. In my case, expenses are more "hidden costs" than anything else. :)

Dude I so know that feeling. I think every time I mention a new piece of electronics my wife hops in the car and drives straight to the gap or banana republic.

I just wanted to say thank you for visiting my Threats list. What with the power outages and losing some of my borgs in the past few days, it's been nice having you guys around but I'm afraid it's time to go :D

Starting tomorrow, my X3060 goes back to 3.2GHz/2200PPD and I am also going to start OC'ing my E2160. On top of that, there may also be a Wolfdale showing up on my doorstep in the near future. You guys better step it up if you plan on catching me :)

Hmm I love the challenge and look forward to seeing who is [H]arder!

Somehow me thinks I'm not going to disappear from that threat list very easily :) My averages have yet to catch up to my actual production, and I'm down one Quad while it transitions to a 780i mobo. When I have that one up I'll be over 20kPPD, which came a LOT quicker then I thought..

That is a lot of firepower. This should be interesting :)

Hmm I love the challenge and look forward to seeing who is [H]arder!

Somehow me thinks I'm not going to disappear from that threat list very easily :) My averages have yet to catch up to my actual production, and I'm down one Quad while it transitions to a 780i mobo. When I have that one up I'll be over 20kPPD, which came a LOT quicker then I thought..

Watch me come back with a vengeance... I just restarted the 6 computers in a lab 1 hour ago since the classes schedule is empty (beside a single one next wednesday, not a biggie) and the future requests for building new boxes will come very shortly.

Somehow me thinks I'm not going to disappear from that threat list very easily My averages have yet to catch up to my actual production, and I'm down one Quad while it transitions to a 780i mobo.
I think it takes about a week for the PPD average to catch up and be commensurate with actual production. At least, that's what I have noticed with my production. I know it takes some patience monitoring the stats, but it will normalize eventually.

Watch me come back with a vengeance... I just restarted the 6 computers in a lab 1 hour ago since the classes schedule is empty (beside a single one next wednesday, not a biggie) and the future requests for building new boxes will come very shortly.
Glad to see that your production will be back up. You were in the top 10 for a long time and I just noticed today you're not in the top 20...? :confused:

A whole lab at your disposal? NICE

Makes me miss my last job where I might have been able to do the same. God knows those students didn't use the comptuers for anything productive.

APOLLO, the reason I dropped in ranks is because the lab is being used full time for 2 months (before, it's usually once per 2 weeks or once per week that I just restart when it's done). Also, I had a lot of laptops but recently, since my boss wanted to get rid of 2007 gear to make room for the 2008 stuff, it got sent to various places and it dwindled to 1. Keep in mind that I'm folding on computers at work awaiting production assignments that I prepared so this is what I cannot control too much.

I will also receive over 200 computers in 1-2 weeks so I can tap on them for a while (a few boxes at a time).

At least, this gave me the opportunity to improve my home farm to produce over 8k PPD (it was at 4-5k before). I'm also preparing a submission for my local literacy group for 8 computers, which will be running 16 clients within a few months.

APOLLO, the reason I dropped in ranks is because the lab is being used full time for 2 months (before, it's usually once per 2 weeks or once per week that I just restart when it's done). Also, I had a lot of laptops but recently, since my boss wanted to get rid of 2007 gear to make room for the 2008 stuff, it got sent to various places and it dwindled to 1. Keep in mind that I'm folding on computers at work awaiting production assignments that I prepared so this is what I cannot control too much.
OK, I see. I remember you posted that on another thread now that you mention it. BTW, OOC why would your boss need to replace computers scarcely a year old? Is it important to have the latest and greatest hardware or just your boss' personal preference?
I will also receive over 200 computers in 1-2 weeks so I can tap on them for a while (a few boxes at a time).
Wow, great news!

At least, this gave me the opportunity to improve my home farm to produce over 8k PPD (it was at 4-5k before). I'm also preparing a submission for my local literacy group for 8 computers, which will be running 16 clients within a few months.
Interesting, is the literacy group a kind of book club or educational/academic related?

I work in the government so in order to keep the same yearly budget, we need to get rid of remaining stock by march 31st so that's why they get moved around (the philosophy of the bean counters in the government is : if a budget isn't spent to the last cent, it mean they don't need that much). We're talking about a few millions of $ annually and I'm working for a big group of courthouses on the east. We are right now on the 5 years use of the current computers fleet (all Williamette P4 at 1.6 - 1.8 GHz) so we are replacing half of them this year and the rest next year. 2007 was the year we replaced the fleet of laptops for the judges.

As for the literacy group, it's academic and it cater to those who cannot read or write. They offer classes and reading/writing help for their personnal stuff (like filling a form, reading a important letter from the bank and anything like that).

LOL - Glad to know I was there for a while anyways. I'll have to see what I can come up with. I keep looking in my mirror, and I'm afraid I'll have to start beating back Sunin pretty soon - especially if he's clocking in 20k per day. :cool:

All in all, I'm just happy to be doing something to contribute to the [H]folding cause...

LOL - Glad to know I was there for a while anyways. I'll have to see what I can come up with. I keep looking in my mirror, and I'm afraid I'll have to start beating back Sunin pretty soon - especially if he's clocking in 20k per day. :cool:

All in all, I'm just happy to be doing something to contribute to the [H]folding cause...

20k per day scares me. But if that is what it takes to get me to up my production and it's all actually going to something worthwhile, then so be it. :D

20k per day scares me. But if that is what it takes to get me to up my production and it's all actually going to something worthwhile, then so be it.
That statement epitomizes the true [H] spirit.

Back