AX1200 Fan Direction: Does it blow into the PSU?

BusyBeaverHP

Limp Gawd
I just bought a Corsair AX1200, and wondering about its 140mm fan direction. Does it blow into the PSU, or does it pull air from the PSU?

It's important to me because my case is positive-pressure, highly filtered, and I want no dust coming in from the PSU.

I don't want to take the PSU apart just to see the fan's orientation (which could potentially void the warranty as well). Can any AX1200 owners shine a light on this?

Blows into the PSU and the exhaust exits the back of the PSU.

Does this particular supply always suffer from coil whine? My unit is driving my nuts with the noise! It is a lot louder than my 2x GTX 580 in SLI. I want to RMA the unit in hope of getting one which is quieter.

Does this particular supply always suffer from coil whine? My unit is driving my nuts with the noise! It is a lot louder than my 2x GTX 580 in SLI. I want to RMA the unit in hope of getting one which is quieter.

I don't have coil whine in the one I own. I know it's a fairly common issue with the AX850 though.

I have the AX1800... mine does not have coil whine, but I did have another unit that had horrible coil whine (it was RMA'd shortly after I got it) Corsair was great and they sent me a replacement before I even sent the PSU out to them. You should try getting in touch with them.

Back