awww yea.... gt4 tomorrow

its graphics like these that make me wonder what Xbox2/Revolution/PS3 can do...

I CANT WAIT FOR GT4!

Me too. I started out with a '92 Supra. I must say the physics are very different from the previous game's.

Am I the only one unbelievably frustrated with the license tests already? I'm only at B-5 and I'm at the point where I want to fucking give up. I'm a second and a half away from the Gold medal, and every time I attempt to improve my fucking time, it drops by maybe 1/10th of a second, if not less...and that's only on the 1 in every 5 attempts I make that drops the fucking time.

How in the holy fucking hell am I supposed to shave off 1.5 seconds? Man, what skills is this thing teaching me, voodoo?

I just loaded my GT3 data and it gave me the B and A licenses instantly. I'm working on the I-B which is a bitch in and of itself. Patience is the key. :p

finalgt said:
Am I the only one unbelievably frustrated with the license tests already? I'm only at B-5 and I'm at the point where I want to fucking give up. I'm a second and a half away from the Gold medal, and every time I attempt to improve my fucking time, it drops by maybe 1/10th of a second, if not less...and that's only on the 1 in every 5 attempts I make that drops the fucking time.

How in the holy fucking hell am I supposed to shave off 1.5 seconds? Man, what skills is this thing teaching me, voodoo?
u really do need to know a thing or two about racing... like the correct line you are supposed to take... the point at which you need to brake for the turns. And you have to know how to handle the different kind of drivetrains... It takes practice... gt series is by no means for those who don't know anything about racing

got it today and already made a clean ass drift video, well replay, wish i had some way to get it on the pc,( could i load the saved replay onto a usb drive) and show you guys. its with the rx 7, it was on the graduation test of license B or A one, but i've gotten 3 of my license's already and am 3 tests away from my 4th.

Pvt. Potter said:
u really do need to know a thing or two about racing... like the correct line you are supposed to take... the point at which you need to brake for the turns. And you have to know how to handle the different kind of drivetrains... It takes practice... gt series is by no means for those who don't know anything about racing

Heeey yeah, thanks for the implication. I got all golds in the GT3 license tests. I guess that means I don't know shit about weight transfer and apex curves.

finalgt said:

yea im frustrated too.
they are easy as hell to get bronze in; but thats unacceptable. hah
and for the amount of loading there is to do one stupid little 30 second test... well... it sucks.

i honestly dont think its fun anymore. i want my fake physics. haha.

heatsinker said:
I just loaded my GT3 data and it gave me the B and A licenses instantly. I'm working on the I-B which is a bitch in and of itself. Patience is the key. :p

I still haven't gotten it, but I'm excited by this license exemption thing. But does that mean I have to earn my Internationals and Super again? :/

How's the sound on the game? GT3 had sweet graphics, but everything sounded the same.

I love it....looking to get a wheel though to increase the experance. Right now im pimping around in a 440HP Deloran

too bad its not for xbox :(

i watched the special about it on tech-tv and it looked sweet, but i dont feel like buying a ps2

Too bad that I broke my PS2 trying to install a chip. I sell Hondas for a living and I am debating if buying another PS2 would be worth it to see all of the neat cars. I had tons of fun playing GT2. Heck if it weren't for GT2 I'd still be waiting tables :p
I have a great excuse to buy a new PS2 and the racing wheel. Is the racing wheel worth it? Does it really add to the experience? Do they have force feedback? Do they have a clutch?
I should buy the game, I'm sure it will help me sell more cars :D

Ive played this game for 2 days already and i Love it. I am a car enthuiast and its as real as it can get besides vehicle damage. Who wants vechicle damage anyways this isnt destruction durby. Anyways, the game is pretty accurate and detailed. for example, the Mustangs GT RPM's shoot up real quick and u gotta shift fast just like in real life. Top speed also sucks on the mustangs toping out at 160mph just like in real life. This game is not for amatuers who don tknwo how to drive a real race cars. Its not Arcade. GET THIS GAME if u want realistic racing expereince in all cars.

Greatest racing game ever. I absolutely love the new tracks, especially Tsukuba circuit, which I feel like I already knew from watching Best Motoring videos and such. :) And I get to collect like 40 different Subarus (my favorite make). Only problem is Ferrari still won't give them license to use their cars.

On the license tests, who cares if you get all golds? If it's frustrating you, don't worry about it, just get bronze. The prize cars aren't that great and they don't count for percent completion.

I started with a crappy Honda Civic SI hatchback but then I added a turbo and some racing suspension and it not a bad car for the Honda only races. I sold id last night and got a used RX7 which is faster but handles like total crap.
~Game On

I got the game, yesterday right after school, but i don't know if you guys know, since you all seem like you play GT3, that you can import your licenses and money from GT3 into GT4. Just thought id point that out with all the frustration in the licensing.

But overall the game is AMAZING. The physics engine is going to get some used to, after playing GT3 all the time.

[DJ] Phantom said:
The physics engine is going to get some used to, after playing GT3 all the time.

I made a fairly easy transition from GT > GT2 > GT3. I loved how easy it was for me to get into each new GT game because it played similar to the rest. Is GT4 that much of a difference in terms of physics engine and the way cars handle compared to its predecessors?

Tofu Drift said:
I made a fairly easy transition from GT > GT2 > GT3. I loved how easy it was for me to get into each new GT game because it played similar to the rest. Is GT4 that much of a difference in terms of physics engine and the way cars handle compared to its predecessors?
It is, but it only took me a day top get used to it. Its amazing how everythign handles. Yea i too started from GT>GT2>GT3 :-D

I got the B, A, IB, and IA lisences without problem. Right now I'm simply working on the Super lisence, and having some trouble, but as long as that moronic pace car doesn't appear again... :rolleyes: The lisence tests really aren't that difficult. Then again, I settled for bronze most of the time. I mean, it's not like anything changes if you get every single gold. I ended up getting a few golds anyway, though. :p

Also, the Challenge events (you have to get IB and IA to do them) were fun as all heck. I enjoyed doing most of them, even if some of the overtakings were extremely difficult (I had to do some neat drifting in a few of them), the last IB special event is a PITA. It's the one where you're in a Mini, and you have to pass 3 other Mini's. I can get past the fist two, but not the last one. By the time I get past the second one, the first one is way too far ahead.

Right now, I'm working on the Supercar Challenge in Professional races. Using a C5 Corvette tuned to the max for that one, wondering if there might be something better suited to it (low on cash at the moment, still trying to find a car to do the Lightweight Challenge). I have won some really neat cars, though, and even bought a Subaru rally car. The physics are solid, you can even spin and jump (I have some replays of my C5 getting a good 25 feet of air on El Capitan Reverse).

Back