awww shoot I should have known better..troll probs

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuimZ

Gawd
So I buy a A64 3500+ off the sale forums here from a seller Nappo who had 2 or 3 negatives out of a good amount of positive heat. I talk to him about it on AIM and he seems like a straight up dude. I think everything is going to be cool, told myself, "look you can't please everyone all the time, we all make mistakes, so give the dude a chance, you need a CPU and he's got the right price." I buy it, talk to him on AIM and we agreed, that if I bought it from him, that he would have it in the mail USPS priority, tracked and confirmed the day he had my MO in his hands, I even rounded the sale price up a few dollars so it would be an even amount. So he's getting hooked a couple singles for just shipping this thing Priority secure style. I told him straight up, I will only buy this from you if you promise to have it out in the mail when you get my M.O., He agreed, happily, like it was no problem.

He gets my M.O. last week, and supposedly he'd have it in the mail Thursday, He says it was shipped, so it should be here by now right? Seeing how my money order got to him in 2 days flat, i'd expect a similar turnaround. Well, I've been asking for a confirmation number for 2 days now, he put it off and said he was at school, then when i get ahold of him at home, he's not responding to my IM's. That only leads me to believe that he hasn't shipped it yet. If someone IM'ed me for a confirmation/tracking number I would have emailed that shit to them the second I could get to the numbers.

So I do a search for Nappo, and see he has dicked other people around on here pretty hard, so I ask myself, Why the hell is this kid still allowed to sell here when he gives people the run around, and even better, why didn't I have the common sense to do a search for his name before I bought?

If he reads this, I want him to know, he's screwing with people's time and money, this is the real world, you are not anonymous here, I have your address and your phone number. We made an agreement and I saved that entire AIM convo if you want it for reference homie, If i don't get this chip in 100% working order and in a timely manner, we will have a problem. If you haven't shipped it yet, you better express mail it, with some refund.

If it gets to me tomorrow via Priority with confirmation and insurance, I will apologize for ruffling feathers and bringing your name up as a troll again.....You will get positive HEAT and i will look like a dick for making this post, but when you avoid my IM's and don't have the common courtesy to email me the tracking number, what am I supposed to think?

This sounds sorta like what I am dealing with. I almost wonder if this may be the same kid with different screen names??? Since it dont require much to do so and the person I am dealing with seems to tell lie after lie. I had to deal with the same MO crap the kid said he'd ship once it was in his hand, then he changed it when he recieved it to when it was cashed; which he lied and said it went through on a monday, then four days later he admitted it just went through and he then shipped. Pm me and we will see if it is a possibility. United, oh yeah. Still waiting on part of my promissed order from him and a response.

oh and here is an update, just a coinsidence probably, but you might want to check into this: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=967474

Yeah i'm dealing with a guy that has had negative heat now as well and have been waiting over a month. People might turn themselves around, but if they do have neg heat its a good idea to make them ship first. I know the waiting feeling and it sucks. Hope you get an answer.

This is still to early to start freaking out.

He does have a history of drawing out trades, but 5 days isn't that bad. At least he's still communicating with you.

No he's not communicating with me, that's why i posted this

He won't give me a confirmation number, emailing, IMs, he won't talk to me now, please read the entire post.

TheInternet1980 said:
This sounds sorta like what I am dealing with. I almost wonder if this may be the same kid with different screen names??? Since it dont require much to do so and the person I am dealing with seems to tell lie after lie. I had to deal with the same MO crap the kid said he'd ship once it was in his hand, then he changed it when he recieved it to when it was cashed; which he lied and said it went through on a monday, then four days later he admitted it just went through and he then shipped. Pm me and we will see if it is a possibility. United, oh yeah. Still waiting on part of my promissed order from him and a response.

oh and here is an update, just a coinsidence probably, but you might want to check into this: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=967474
I'm pretty sure they are different people.
Yeah that psychomage guy told me that 3500 was sold to me at one point, then I found out he was working a deal with someone else, after the fact. He told me it was mine, then he worked a deal with mavalpha for it, then I got a PM from Lord Tris asking if I had bought it. So, he's worked over like 3 or 4 people with that CPU, I'm pretty sure these sellers are different people, with a similar disfunction.

BigBadBiologist said:
I misread. I apologize. It is still too early to freak out.

I don't think so considering how he's worked people over in the past. What kind of seller can't give their buyer a confirmation number? The dude is not responding to me, yet I'm watching him sign in and out of his messenger daily, and I can see him read my IM's...where it says "is typing a message" or whatever, so he's clicking on them to see what they say then ignoring them.

UPDATE:
Still no CPU, he's on aim and not responding to me, I've mailed him thrice in the last day. Let's say theoretically, he did ship it and just didn't get priority shipping, insurance, or confirmation (which was agreed upon in the sale), why can't he just tell me?

BigBadBiologist said:
but 5 days isn't that bad
Not when he agreed to send it out when the MO arrived.

Bad deal. More negative Heat for him. I wouldn't call it jumping the gun, I'd call it on Nappo not coming through on his end of the agreed deal.

The mail has arrived for the day, and still no processor..This is the 7th day that he's had my money and it's been 4 days since he stopped talking to me.

I left a message for him at his house, hopefully I get this resolved fast. He straight up lied to me, he busted his end of the deal by not shipping when he got the M/O, and lied to my face saying he did ship it priority insured and confirmed.
If it doesn't get here REAL SOON, I'll be asking for the processor and a portion of my money back. Regardless of anyone's thoughts on discounts for slow shipping, we made a deal that it WOULD be shipped as soon as payment got to him, I told him straight up, I won't buy it if you can't get it shipped when payment arrives. He was happy as a lark and reassured me it would be shipped same day. I wouldn't have bought it from him otherwise.

QuimZ said:
Why the hell is this kid still allowed to sell here when he gives people the run around

My thoughts exactly.

You see ...the forums are not foolproof. I know a guy that was the BUYER and got banned for a problem on anandtech. Then the great people at [H] banned him just to follow suit.

And he was a good trader!

QuimZ said:
UPDATE:
Still no CPU, he's on aim and not responding to me, I've mailed him thrice in the last day. Let's say theoretically, he did ship it and just didn't get priority shipping, insurance, or confirmation (which was agreed upon in the sale), why can't he just tell me?
i did some dealings with him as well for a dvd burner

took him 1 1/2 months to return my money i PP'ed him after i got no burner........

from what i know hes a under age guy.......and i guess he rarely gets on comp??? and his mom ships his stuff out?? not to sure........

tho he did refund my money+30 more dollars? iirc........still left neg heat.......in no one should someone leave you hanging that long.......

once again ive said it in all of the 3-4 threads about Nappo........he should be banned from trading/selling/buying here...........

and can the OP put his name in the thread? please, so others can see this

soulsaver

cwarehouse said:
My thoughts exactly.

You see ...the forums are not foolproof. I know a guy that was the BUYER and got banned for a problem on anandtech. Then the great people at [H] banned him just to follow suit.

And he was a good trader!

We dotn banned people based on other forums actions, If he was banned here there was a reason for it, doesnt mean that the reason was made public.
Ill look into this see if i can come up with anything.

BTW, did you get a name and phone number, ect before you sent anything?

Thank you very much Cold Dark Shadow, it means alot to me that you're willing to help by mailing him.

As far as his info, I have all his information.

He gave me his phone number (which I've called, only got an answering machine.) his gmail, AIM, and hotmail account.

I'm actually kind of surprised and a little disappointed that he's avoiding me like this, we talked for probably an hour on AIM, the night we made the deal, and to be honest he seemed like a really good kid, that just made some stupid ass mistakes in the past. Everybody does dumbshit at one time or another, and maybe I was a little too trusting/forgiving, but he made it sound like he had learned his lesson.

I mean you can't please everybody all the time. Even the best seller in the world can f-up so when I saw 2 negatives out of his 37+'s I figured I'd be ok.

I havent been on, thats my fault. I contacted QuimZ on aim and will have this resolved by this afternoon.

Nappo said:
I havent been on, thats my fault. I contacted QuimZ on aim and will have this resolved by this afternoon.

Resolved huh? Why, don't I have a confirmation number yet? You know 2 of my email addresses, you know how to PM me, and you have my phone number. You know how to get in touch with me Sam, please don't drag this out any longer, if you can't give me a confirmation number then you must not have shipped anything yet. You've had more than ample time to find that number, school excuses are not valid anymore. I have 16 credit hours this semester and work nearly 40 hours a week, yet I find a way to to ship items to buyers, and answer any of their questions that arise. Take responsibility for what you're doing.

This is getting interesting.

If Nappo really is just causing trouble... I looked over all of his posts, and Id say about 3/4 of them are selling or buying stuff through hardforum. He must have some good trades....

Sorry about the taunt, just wanted him to know I'm here in case he wants to say anything... Haven't found anything out as of right now, talked to him at like 1pm and haven't heard from him since. I gotta go service a machine in a few minutes just hoping I could get some info before I go back to work.

bob said:
This is getting interesting.

If Nappo really is just causing trouble... I looked over all of his posts, and Id say about 3/4 of them are selling or buying stuff through hardforum. He must have some good trades....

Oh yeah, he has good trades, that's why I'm surprised he's doing this, and that's why i bought from him, if you read through the first page you'll see I bought from him becuase he has 36+ heat 1 neutra and 2 negatives.

did he offer any info when you did talk to him? He posted it would be taken care of this afternoon thats why im askin

Cold Dark Shadow said:
did he offer any info when you did talk to him? He posted it would be taken care of this afternoon thats why im askin

No he said he was at school and that he'd be home to get the confirmation numbers around 2:30 ish, at 3:30 before work I still had no reply.

Ok, I'm getting a little excessive with the posts on this thread but I was thinking.

How could somebody sleep at night knowing they stole 1/2 of a dude's paycheck?

How could somebody sleep at night knowing they have the last piece to somebody's computer that they have worked their ass off for months to be able put it togethor?

QuimZ said:
Still no word, I'm getting trolled.
hes not a troll

like i said in my post.......hes a underage kid IIRC.......and well as you all know kids are busy.....

he dicked me over yah, but whatever, i got my money back.......just call him and keep calling, be annoying to him get on his nerves, do what you have to

soulsaver~

soulsaver_8229 said:
hes not a troll

like i said in my post.......hes a underage kid IIRC.......and well as you all know kids are busy.....

he dicked me over yah, but whatever, i got my money back.......just call him and keep calling, be annoying to him get on his nerves, do what you have to

soulsaver~

Excuse me, underage kids can be trolls too. There is no age limit for a troll. ;)

Yeah, I'm editing this post, I was pretty blitzed when i wrote it (had an open bar wedding reception from 4:30 to midnight) but the message is that I talked to his mom he's 15 and doesn't take responsibility for stuff like this. He wasn't home when I called so I couldn't talk to him personally to ask him why he had lied all week. I don't know when my CPU will get here, but his mother assured me I would get it. Just don't know when.

Would I buy from him again? never. I would rather buy retail and pay more.

call the cops in his local area. i'm sure theyll shit themselves when cops show up to question them.

Still no cpu, or any word from Nappo himself, I will be calling his local PD within 48 hours.

Let me sum this up for the next person that wants to view this thread but doesn't wanna read the whole thing.

Summary
-Broke the deal and didn't ship at the agreed time (as soon as my money order arrived Oct. 19th)

-Lied to me on AIM about the item being shipped and that it had been shipped Priority, with confirmation and insurance on Oct. 20th. (I paid for all of it, plus I rounded the final price up giving him 2 or 3 bucks just as a thank you for shipping as agreed)

Called his house twice, and emailed him 10+ times with absolutely no reply.

Kept avoiding me until Cold Dark Shadow got involved and emailed him.

Lied about "resolving" the issue in a previous post. I haven't heard from him.

Called his mom Saturday night, she informed me that he's just a kid and isn't responsible. He wasn't home so I couldn't talk to him directly. I must mention that I was very very polite and even added a bit of "fruity" to my voice so not to scare the mother into thinking I was a threat. (I was pretty lit at the time as well, so it was that much harder for me not to tell the woman what I thought of this whole charade the kid had put me through)

I should have had this processor a week ago today, for what I paid I think I deserve a little bit of a refund on top of a working 3500+ due to the deal being broken and I doubt it's going to be shipped with all the dressing that I paid for.

Also, I want it to be mentioned that I wouldn't have started this thread for just a normal, I'll buy it and you ship it whenever situation. We had made a deal that I would ONLY buy from him if he met the terms that it was shipped as soon as he got the money order, and that it was shipped Priority, confirmed, and insured. I have 600 dollars worth of hardware that's just sitting here depreciating until i get the CPU.

Proof that my money was shipped when stated:
moneyorder.jpg

QuimZ said:
Called his mom Saturday night, she informed me that he's just a kid and isn't responsible.

What the hell kind of parenting skills are those? My kid EVER pulls a stunt like this I would knock them into the middle of next year. I never understand why some parents are afraid to make their kids take accountability for their actions.

My kid ever pulls a stunt like that I'll let the law deal with them...they'll surely be more leniant than I.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back