Awful stuttering on Rtx 3090 and 10850K on Battlefield 5

mgty23

[H]ard|Gawd
Hello.
PC:
Monitor:AORUS FI27Q
Cpu: 10850K with Nzxt Kraken X73 ( 60c in game )
Gpu: Rtx 3090 Gaming Oc ( 60C in game )
Ram: 32gb 2x16 GB DDR4 GSKILL 3200MHZ XMP
Psu: Seasonic Ultra Prime Titanium 850W TX
mb: Aorus 490 Pro Gaming
SSD: Crucial 1TB Nvm SSD
Case: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P

I am playin on 1440P with all ULTRA + DX12 DXR. I am gettin in mission Tirraleur awful stuttering. Every second drop from gpu usage 99% to 70% or 60% and back to 95%, one time i saw gpu load 5% lol. . I am on newest nvidia drivers. How to resolve this? Also when i am replaying level second time no stutter,just in first time . But shouldnt happen. All is on stock on pc.

In other games i dont have issue.
I played Control, Quake 2 rtx, Serious Sam 4 , Metro Exodus no issues like this here. Is this game related?

I have no idea I would say your PSU might not be strong enough but I haven't done the research.
If it works in other games I would be wrong then. It's probably just a EA DICE issue or driver issue.

I tried switch to Dx11 and no issues here. But cpu is more hot with Dx11 hehe. Its because of more frames?

I tried switch to Dx11 and no issues here. But cpu is more hot with Dx11 hehe. Its because of more frames?
DX11 is a high-level API, so the CPU is doing a lot more work compared to DX12, a low-level API.

I will try disable Future frame rendering and see how it performs on Dx12. Yeah no drops Future frame rendering to OFF :)

Last edited:
Disable 3rd party software for your mouse and keyboard. I had a problem with Razer software in Doom 2016. That fixed it.

Is Future frame rendering working or not with Dx12? When i had it on i get stutter fest. With off is butter smooth

Yeah its not. I turned ON again and not sutter. I bet its because i replayed level third time and it cleared shaders or something and thats why it stopped suttering?

not sure if i get the reference but probably.
Member who used to post News when [H]OCP was still operating and had a habit of posting thread that they never responded to.
https://hardforum.com/members/megalith.142554/
Yeah its not. I turned ON again and not sutter. I bet its because i replayed level third time and it cleared shaders or something and thats why it stopped suttering?
Could be, if you recently changed video cards or drivers.

Nothing changed. Just replayed again mission and this time stopped stutter.it stopped stutter after my 4 walkthrough of that mission

Last edited:
I reinstalled bf5 recently and messed around with dx12. it needs to be run in full screen to fix the stutters, and I have future frame rendering off. with dx12, maps will stutter the first time they are played usually for a few minutes. but with borderless , the stuttering continues.

turning off control flow guard didn't help mine.

I reinstalled bf5 recently and messed around with dx12. it needs to be run in full screen to fix the stutters, and I have future frame rendering off. with dx12, maps will stutter the first time they are played usually for a few minutes. but with borderless , the stuttering continues.

Thanks but i forgot about this game,stop playing long time ago.

Thanks but i forgot about this game,stop playing long time ago.
no problem. figured I would post my findings. I run all my games borderless cause it makes alt tabbing to my second monitor easier.

BFV stuttered here & there when I played it while none of my other games would ever stutter in the way BFV did. The stutter along with the broken vehicles especially the aircrafts made me drop the game all together a long time ago. I might have 5 hours total in that game & never going to reinstall. BF2042 here we come :)

The future frame rendering setting isn't universal between hardware, so I'd play around with it to see what works best. In general, the more powerful your hardware the less likely you want to run with it turned on, in my experience.

Reactions: Gabe3
like this
The future frame rendering setting isn't universal between hardware, so I'd play around with it to see what works best. In general, the more powerful your hardware the less likely you want to run with it turned on, in my experience.
so far so good with it off in dx12, full screen mode is a must though.

Back