Awful experience with ASUS RMA service

• Thread starter Deleted member 89137
  • Start date
Update: got the serial number from Jolene, sent out filled out RMA form. Got email back from asus with an invalid tracking number:
Dear ASUS Valued Customer,
Your RMA is scheduled for shipment today. You may check status with the courier directly for estimated delivery date; however please keep in mind that the courier’s website may not be updated until after 7pm PST depending on the actual pick up time of your RMA.
Infomation
Customer 000000000000000000000000000000000000
Repair Center ASUS/ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
Shipping Carrier FEDEX STANDARD
Tracking# 9622001560003638411600585831907014
Product Type Mother Board

Tried to reply to this email but its a noreply ([email protected]). Sent another email to Jolene....

7:38 pm
Arrived at FedEx location

JEFFERSONVILLE, IN
3:11 pm
Shipment information sent to FedEx

12:00 am
Picked up

JEFFERSONVILLE, IN

On its way :)

Yeah its working now. Can't wait to get a broken motherboard to replace my already broken motherboard...

As expected, they sent me a broken board:

Mk40la7.jpg

Luckily it was just a botched BIOS install. I was able to flash the BIOS and all seems to be working now, thankfully. Still need to continue testing to make sure it's fully functional....

The board came from the Jeffersonville plant. That explains why it's botched. Heard nothing but horror stories about that place.

I sent Jolene a pretty nasty email about this. Luckily it seems like everything is working so far, audio, all usb, both pci x16 slots, all ram is showing up, all SATA works. I bet some random shit is broken on it like the firewire and I'll find about that later on...

I don't think ASUS's RMA service is that bad. Over the last 13 years I've owned 20+ items (motherboards, video cards, burners) that were manufacture/branded from ASUS. In fact, I've only had to use their RMA service two or three times and they each went pretty smooth.

Back