Awesome receiver for the price

I only posted it in three forums. And it's to share a good deal? That's like asking why [H] has a Hot Deals forum... That's a dumb quesiton.

The Panasonic XR series are excellent budget receivers. I had the XR-57 for about 1.5 years and was very pleased with it. That $130 is a very good price for a discontinued model that's damn near impossible to find.

Audioholics is a well-known forum/publication within the audio and HT community. And my statement DID make sense. What DIDn't make sense about it?

Just a quick question.. I saw a marantz 4002 for sale in Clist for $250.. Is this receiver would be better than a Onkyo 607?
Thank you for your replies..

I would say I am much more of a Marantz fan than an Onkyo fan. But they are both fairly excellent receivers. It's up to you.

Google Marantz vs Onkyo. You have a computer at your fingertips. And the Internet. Use them.

Marantz is in a whole different league than onkyo. Onkyo are known for low-end HT Reicevers with good features. Marantz are a step higher up the audiophile price/quality ladder.

The XR55 is alright. I didn't like it for my speakers since I thought they were too bright and lacked a low end. Sorta similar to my current Onkyo receiver, but the EQ on that makes everything alright.

Except this XR55 is only $130 + shipping?

The XR55 isn't bad by any means, it just didn't synergize well with my equipment. Plus, I prefer a warmer sound sig instead of the Panny's bright sound.

Yes for $130 its a great buy.

Hello there.. I didnt really want to make a new thread so ill just ask here..
Is it possible to hook up the Promedia (2.1) Speakers to a receiver? and will the power of a receiver not ruin the speakers?
And whats best way to hook up PC to receiver? (I have an Audigy 2 and thinking of hooking up digital out 3.5mm to an rca plug to receiver. the motherboard have spdif out and receiver have opt in)
Thanks..

Hello there.. I didnt really want to make a new thread so ill just ask here..
Is it possible to hook up the Promedia (2.1) Speakers to a receiver? and will the power of a receiver not ruin the speakers?
And whats best way to hook up PC to receiver? (I have an Audigy 2 and thinking of hooking up digital out 3.5mm to an rca plug to receiver. the motherboard have spdif out and receiver have opt in)
Thanks..
Unfortunately you'll have to since this is considered threadjacking. Your own thread will also receive the attention it deserves ;)

Back