Awesome IT Job Description of the Day

HardOCP News

[H] News
Do you have experience with the following technologies: .NET, ASP.NET, JavaScript, VBScript, COBOL, Managed COBOL? Are you willing to "grease the wheels of capitalism with your tears?" If you answered "yes" to those questions, this job is for you!

Sometimes you just need to mix it up. It can't all be Silicon Valley in the Sunshine State. Someone has to keep the cogs turning on mission-critical infrastructure in large enterprises where all hope has been lost. Grease the wheels of capitalism with your tears, secure in the knowledge that we will pay you handsomely for your soul.

"Live, mission-critical system where you develop on the production instance."

Hah, I'm doing a conversion on a production instance at this time. I'm a magician! A stressed out magician, but a magician nonetheless.

That was the best job description I have ever seen. The part after his contact information was priceless.

Had a prof in college that helped program an essential system in COBAL back in the 70ies for a bank... in the early 2000's they were still using it and she was one of the only people who knew how to fix issues with it. she made a pretty penny with contractor work lol.

lol brilliant.

Sounds like a contract I took in the aluminium industry, only they werent honest or pleasant about it.
I got out of that smartish!

Read until "we will pay you handsomely for your soul ..." Where is the apply button?

is it work from home? I'll take it for a month or so to make some extra cash.

Sometimes honesty is not the best policy.

Besides, it's kind of enjoyable to watch the light of hope fade from a recent graduates eyes.

Well, at least it's not MUMPS.

I do appreciate honesty. Most of the world runs on some form of legacy code, so the COBOL mess is about what I'd expect. PICK YOUR POISON :D

I love the honesty in this,

"Normally I only work with organisations that value professional software development and professional software developers -but this one just paid too much to say No."

This describes so many companies... I just spammed this to everyone to every developer I know, I can already hear the hordes manically laughing and weeping at the same time.

Well, at least it's not MUMPS.

I do appreciate honesty. Most of the world runs on some form of legacy code, so the COBOL mess is about what I'd expect. PICK YOUR POISON :D

Except I'm sure Epic Systems pays better and has a higher hiring bar than this company.

Since when is Silicon Valley in Florida (Sunshine State)?

Sunshine areas are the big tech centers where there are considered numerous perks working for the big players. But San Fran is considered the biggest sunshine area.

Others include in order: (which is my humble opinion ONLY)
NYC (New York) - Banking
Denver (Colorado) - I think mostly banking.
Technology/Research Triangle (NC) - A Lot of research
Seattle (Washington) - Microsoft
DC/Virginia technology corridor (Defense technology)

Back