awesome deal on H&D2

Eva_Unit_0

[H]ard|Gawd
I was at my local Gamestop today and they had a big bucket of old games on super-sale. Most of them were crap but there were a few copies of Hidden and Dangerous 2 for 99 cents. That's right, 99 cents. I loved the original H&D back in the day, but I don't really know anything about the second one.

I figure it's certainly worth 99 cents though, even if it sucks. Good game? Should I have gotten a Kit-Kat bar instead? It looks like it has good reviews.

Never heard of these titles - what kind of game-play is it? Something about the title says either stealth or rail-shooter to me. :)

Never heard of these titles - what kind of game-play is it? Something about the title says either stealth or rail-shooter to me. :)

lol very much the former. They are tactical WWII shooters. Think like WWII-style rainbow 6. Curiously, the original one had a dreamcast version (which I had), but it suffered from bad framerates.

hmm I will have to run by my local shop to see if they have anything worthwhile. I actually have been looking for a squad-based tactical/stealth shooter

A fairly decent WW2 tactics game from the olden days of PC gaming, required thought and planning, was good for its day I recall playing it coop which was very difficult.

I still havent found a more enjoyable squad based tactical FPS than Swat 4.

It.. just.. rocks...

Magic Spider sense AI is the only way to explain the difficulty. The guys can go from their back to you to a prone position and firing a perfectly aimed shot in a heartbeat.

Was still a great game, specially if you want to put the time into getting your AI buddies into place to assault things correctly.

Magic Spider sense AI is the only way to explain the difficulty. The guys can go from their back to you to a prone position and firing a perfectly aimed shot in a heartbeat.

Was still a great game, specially if you want to put the time into getting your AI buddies into place to assault things correctly.

haha can't be worse than the helicopters in Crysis. You could be lying prone, in a bush, under a rock, in a cave, and the damn helicopters will find you in half a second a beam lasers into your forehead

I absolutely loved both of the H&D games.

The graphics in H&D2 stand up pretty well, although the ragdoll physics are a bit awkward. They hadn't really been perfected when this released.

The game is a bit Rainbow 6, some Ghost Recon and some Full Spectrum Warrior set in WW2 played as the British SAS. The mission briefings are really engaging and I loved setting up perfect assaults/traps. I literally spent hours watching patrol paths through binoculars before making a move. Playing the missions coop with 3 friends is awesome in the same way L4D is but it is a pretty realistic and tactical type of game.

For $0.99 it'd be a shame not to play it.

I loved H&D 2 back in the day. If you like tactical/stealth games, and aren't too burnt out on WWII yet, then you owe to yourself to check it out.

Back