Awesome deal (not) on an Intel core i9-7900X

Format _C:

2[H]4U
eBay seller trying to sell a broken CPU for $479.99 what an awesome deal! not.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I find that he put it as "Seller refurbished" to be kinda hilarious if your selling a CPU that you overclocked till it failed.

I'm sure if someone does buy it they'll end up with both the cpu and their money back and the seller will get a fat red mark on his account and be out shipping and sellers fees.

I'm sure if someone does buy it they'll end up with both the cpu and their money back and the seller will get a fat red mark on his account and be out shipping and sellers fees.

I am sure that is what is going to happen in this case. How can a seller refurbish a CPU anyway? It also looks like the seller was overclocking it or otherwise damaged the CPU because the IHS looks like it was sanded down to the bare copper.

you cant. sellers are flat out lieing and mislabeling their adverts. it should be labelled defective/ for parts. or at the VERY least used. wiping off thermal paste doesn't in any world mean refurbished. and neither does adding an aftermarket IHS to a busted chip.

Yup, listed as "seller refurbished" good luck with that. Doesn't matter how you describe it if its not listed as "defective/for parts only" seller will lose in the long run.

you cant. sellers are flat out lieing and mislabeling their adverts. it should be labelled defective/ for parts. or at the VERY least used. wiping off thermal paste doesn't in any world mean refurbished. and neither does adding an aftermarket IHS to a busted chip.

That is what I thought you really can't unless you are very good at soldering and have an idea on how a modern CPU works and damage to the core (die) or any of the various transistors and capacitors and other parts cannot be fixed without specialized tools which the majority of eBay sellers and everyday sellers will not have those tools

Yup, listed as "seller refurbished" good luck with that. Doesn't matter how you describe it if its not listed as "defective/for parts only" seller will lose in the long run.

Yep a flat out scam that listing is
I only saw that listing because user erek posted This and it was under other items to consider or something to that effect

$4.50 let the bidding begin going once twice again..... .. and gone for $479.99 to no one with any sense :joyful:

What are you worried about, he only has 5 negative feedback in the last month, nothing to worry about :)

Gawddam :ROFLMAO: :LOL: 2 dolla, fiddy cent. IHS is lapped so that takes away from the epeen logo of i9-7900X. Key chain would look like crap too.

Funny how Ebay no longer allows you to report misrepresented/mislabeled items through the Report feature. Probably why over the past few years half of the stuff marked "New and Unused" is obviously used.

From his feedback, it ooks like the seller is trying to hawk a lot of stuff as "seller refurbished" and working that is very obviously broken/non-functional.

eh they still say what issues it has as long as it boots and reconises some of the mem I would say its condition is listed. should still be listed as used.

Back