AWESOME and Recommanded Guyz and Girlz

MCRAYGSX

Limp Gawd
Hi everyone, i have exciting newz for HOT!!! Pentium 4 PRESCOTT owners

I bought my P4 3.4 Prescotte 5 days ago and I bought Thermal Right XP-120 HeatSink with it, but it was not perfect as was the waste of money bcuz the temp rise to around 60C when used,

so I ordered other brand COOLER MASTER's HYPER 6 :D , I just installed tonight and I say its totally AWESOME!!!! I ran 3 copies of Prime 95 100% processor usage and at normal Fan speed the Temp rises to only 48C and at idle temp remains near 31 to 35C only, its totally fantastic, Ive never seen such a great results with any other HeatSink.

I will recommand CoolMaster Hyper 6 to every HOT Prescott user.

Intel P4 Prescotte 3.4 1mb L2
Asus P4C800-E delux
512 Xhyper Kingston (single channel)
Asus Geforce 6800 ULTRA

gclg2000 said:
wow, what a helpful response.

well he's right ;)

perhaps one should correct his spelling of prescott.

course, i dont use intels....er.. i like to think i dont use them...

*hides the dell under his desk*

Lakitu said:
No one owns a Prescotte processor

What was the point in that post?

MCRAYGSX, good to hear the Hyper 6 is working out for you. I think you may have messed up on the installation on the XP-120 though. You shouldn't be getting such drastic temperature differences from two high performance heatsinks like those.

Talonz said:
What was the point in that post?

MCRAYGSX, good to hear the Hyper 6 is working out for you. I think you may have messed up on the installation on the XP-120 though. You shouldn't be getting such drastic temperature differences from two high performance heatsinks like those.

I was using Tornado 120mm fdn with XP-120 but Hyper 6 does makes huge difference. maybe Copper Base?

MCRAYGSX said:
I was using Tornado 120mm fdn with XP-120 but Hyper 6 does makes huge difference. maybe Copper Base?

Just wanted to suggest what people should consider when they are about to buy a PERFORMANCE Heatsink. :D

MCRAYGSX said:
They both have a copper base. There is no such thing as a 120mm Tornado, no?

last time i checked there wasn't............................ :confused:

just checked again

Vantec doesn't even have a 120mm Tornado model listed. He's either blatantly wrong, or lying to us. :p

MemoryInAGarden said:
This sounds like a sales pitch :rolleyes:

My thoughts exactly.

I'm also thinking this guy does not sound like an Alabama native..

the XP-120 was thermalrights answer to the Hyper 6 when it came out and slightly beat the SP-94, the XP-120 is a way better cooler,you obviously screwed up its installation

hyper 6 slightly beat the SP-94 just to clear confusion

I was using 120mm fan with XP-120 and still the Temp was high when tested with 2 copies of PRIME 95 , maybe cheap THERMAL PASTE provided with XP-120?

But this new Hyper 6 is totally insane, taks more beat then XP-120

I think I am going to have a agree with all here...I'm pretty sure you jacked up the install on your XP-120......and as far as the fan goes....the one you posted a link to is a thermaltake, and a Tornado is a trademark name for Vantec fans....sooooooooooooooooooo.
Me thinks ye should think before you speak, and learn how to install a friggin HSF.
But thats just my 2 cents.

And I would suggest a Panaflo on the XP-120
Or an Enermax 120mm w/speed control.....it pushes 94.92 cfm to the panaflos' 85.5 cfm

TheBoss68 said:
I think I am going to have a agree with all here...I'm pretty sure you jacked up the install on your XP-120......and as far as the fan goes....the one you posted a link to is a thermaltake, and a Tornado is a trademark name for Antec fans....sooooooooooooooooooo.
Me thinks ye should think before you speak, and learn how to install a friggin HSF.
But thats just my 2 cents.

tornadoes are VANTEC not ANTEC

i own a 2.6ghz northwood and upgraded to a 2.8ghz prescott. 10ºC average temp, 20ºC max temp. you do the math, the prescotts have a larger temp range.mines at 3.5ghz and never exceeds 50ºC. while they're not as good as a64's 3500+ and better procs, they do oc very nicely. i reached my proc's limit before it's temp limit.

UberL33tjarad said:
i own a 2.6ghz northwood and upgraded to a 2.8ghz prescott. 10ºC average temp, 20ºC max temp. you do the math, the prescotts have a larger temp range.mines at 3.5ghz and never exceeds 50ºC. while they're not as good as a64's 3500+ and better procs, they do oc very nicely. i reached my proc's limit before it's temp limit.

Ahem*... what is your ambient temperatures... you gotta know that most of us are not living in freezers...

with your such low ambient temps and you're getting high 40s.. think about those living where their ambient temps are 20-30C higher than yours

ocphangaz said:
Ahem*... what is your ambient temperatures... you gotta know that most of us are not living in freezers...

with your such low ambient temps and you're getting high 40s.. think about those living where their ambient temps are 20-30C higher than yours
hardly. my room is usually 70-80ºF. keep the airflow going.

MCRAYGSX said:
I was using 120mm fan with XP-120 and still the Temp was high when tested with 2 copies of PRIME 95 , maybe cheap THERMAL PASTE provided with XP-120?
Maybe it was INCORRECT user installation (since he likes to capitalize certain words).

UberL33tjarad said:
hardly. my room is usually 70-80ºF. keep the airflow going.

you're saying that your room is between 70-80F (21-26C)

and your averrage temp is 10C?? max temp 20C???

Back