Awe Inspiring Time Lapse of the Day

Would love to know what that music is - if anyone has an idea please let me know...

my jaw dropped after watching first 5 sec and was like that till video end.

all i can say is Patient is Virtue.

I call shenanigans....

Some of those shots just don't seem possible without some creative stitching of photos together.

I call shenanigans....

Some of those shots just don't seem possible without some creative stitching of photos together.

I would wager that it's a modified DSLR with the IR coatings removed from the sensor and some photoshopping of each individual frame.

Definitely some post production HDR work going on at least it many of the starfield shots. Some a bit oversaturated for me. Still, very slick, very beautiful.

BB

I would wager that it's a modified DSLR with the IR coatings removed from the sensor and some photoshopping of each individual frame.

Modified how?

In any case, it's obviously a high-budget operation with the equipment required to make the camera move so smoothly and slowly.

I don't even know where to find something like that.

Modified how?

In any case, it's obviously a high-budget operation with the equipment required to make the camera move so smoothly and slowly.

I don't even know where to find something like that.

I've seen it done with super-high resolution cameras and they just crop each frame to simulate that movement.

That said, this is 40x better than what I saw.

I've seen it done with super-high resolution cameras and they just crop each frame to simulate that movement.

That said, this is 40x better than what I saw.

Hmm, I suppose that makes sense.

Considering they're using an 'L' lens or a good prime lens, like the 50mm f/1.4, they could just cut out the 1080p (2MP) video from part of the 18-24MP photos.

But condensing them down looks fantastic, and I seriously doubt this is at 100%.

From his Facebook page. It's going to be on the Weather Channel.

Front-page Huffingtonpost & TheGuardian among others. Will air on WeatherChannel with interview. Become hit in Japan, and feedback from people affected from earthquake and tsunami, and how it has changed their relationship with mother nature. I am overwhelmed and deeply touched by the response. Thank you.

So was that the Sun in the very beginning? I was thinking Moon (because you can see other stars) but then as it got lower the sky got darker. Or it was a super position of two frames

Just something about the wonderful natural scenes and the music that makes you think that despite all the shi* going on in the world, everything is going to be OK

These videos are so cool. There's one with Dark Side of the Moon that is perfect for the video.

I wish I could see that half that many stars with a naked eye

Modified how?

http://www.rocklandastronomy.com/NEAIC/talks/Hap_Griffin.pdf

Check out the pics when you get about 3/4 of the way down the document to see what the effects of removing the IR coating are vs a stock camera. I'm not sure too, someone more knowledgeable about photography will have to chime in, but I think that in order to expose the sun and the sky like that some heavy density filter or multiple exposures must have been necessary as well.

I wish I could see that half that many stars with a naked eye

Well, if we're talking singular here you can just drop trou and hit play again.

Back