AVP demo is live!

SHHHHHH!..Im almost done Downloading..:p

Edit..Its MP only and no games to be found..Also Steam will be down tomorrow so no matchmaking while its down..Boooo.

Last edited:
Check the other AvP thread for screenies!

Actually I'll add it here too:

Last edited:
Mp only eh? Ah well getting it off steam now, very quick & should be done soon enough to frag quite a bit tonight.

It just keeps searching for a game. There's like no one playing. Some add me Deltaspirit and I'll invite you into a game!

I wonder how much trouble Id get in by resetting every modem on my node so I can maximize my bandwidth..

need AVP nooooow

I hit install demo in steam and nothing happens, BOOO :(

I have a similar problem. Can't install any demos because the button doesn't work for me. Haven't figured out how to fix that. Any suggestions?

Yeah it's suckage. I might try the 9.2's. The 10.1's are exhibiting this. The hz are fucked, either 30 or 50 but it's bad.

I'm uninstalling this garbage. Another terrible console port made by some euro trash developer. Here's hoping they go they way of Iron Lore and disappear.

I still have the 9.12 drivers installed.

I'll report back regarding the 30hz issue once the download is complete....

I had the same until I set my download region to Sweden, and it's now chugging along at a reasonable 250 kb/s (along with two other big downloads).

woot, thanks for that, switched to weden and the download started instantly, wouldnt do anything when I clicked it before.

Glad they released this so I can find out how shitty it is, wouldn't expect anything less from the folks who brought us "Rogue Warrior". I'll stick with the Jaguar game.

I hit install demo in steam and nothing happens, BOOO :(

Found this in the steam forums. I tried it and it worked for me.

Original post explains my problem with that, anyways I found a way around this. Thanks to PhyreFal for the fix.

"This isn't pretty, but it works.

I don't know what the problem is, or why is doesn't work even after all the registry editing etc, but this method works for me 100% of the time now.

After looking around for some time for an answer to the same problem, I did some research and testing and worked this out.

When installing/downloading something from steam, right-click on the "Install" or "Download" button and click on "Properties" from the pop up menu.

Copy the "URL Address" (usually looks like "steam://install/xxxxx")

Goto "Start" (windows button for Vista) in the bottom left corner of your screen, then click on "Run ..."

From the prompt box that pops up, click on "Browse" and find your "steam.exe" (normally in C:\program files\Steam folder), select it and click "OK".

You should now see the "Run..." pompt box with "C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" in the line. Paste in the URL you copied before AFTER that.

So you should see;
"C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" steam://install/xxxxx

Now click "OK" and start downloading and playing your games!

I know its not pretty, but this is pretty much the only way I can download demos, gift passes, games etc. But it works.

Let me know if you have any problems."

Game auto exits to desktop upon loading a match. No error message or crash report. 5970 here.

Laughably crappy demo. They didn't even try. I'm sure the final game is better than this but talk about self sabotage. Not an overall great confidence builder at all, to say the least.

I'll be waiting to see what you guys and the review outlets say about the final game before I think about a purchase.

Laughably crappy demo. They didn't even try. I'm sure the final game is better than this but talk about self sabotage. Not an overall great confidence builder at all, to say the least.

I'll be waiting to see what you guys and the review outlets say about the final game before I think about a purchase.

I won't be touching this game with a 20 foot pole the demo was so crappy. If this was an early beta I might be forgiving...but this shit is well shit. Way to ruin a franchise there.

I won't be touching this game with a 20 foot pole the demo was so crappy. If this was an early beta I might be forgiving...but this shit is well shit. Way to ruin a franchise there.

Unfortunately I can't say I'm surprised. I'm never surprised any more unless it's something better than I expected.

We knew a console port was coming and it was just a question of "how far will they dumb this thing down and will it be a good port or a bad port?"

I certainly wasn't expecting these kinds of blatant technical issues on top of that, though.

It just doesn't bode well overall, although I'd love to end up being proven happily wrong.

Unfortunately I can't say I'm surprised. I'm never surprised any more unless it's something better than I expected....

It just doesn't bode well overall, although I'd love to end up being proven happily wrong.

I feel exactly the same way. I love this series as I had some great heart wrenching scare moments back in the day during the Marine campaigns so I have crossed my fingers, toes, and eyes hoping this game can miraculously turn it self around after that demo and deliver a great gaming experience.

I feel exactly the same way. I love this series as I had some great heart wrenching scare moments back in the day during the Marine campaigns so I have crossed my fingers, toes, and eyes hoping this game can miraculously turn it self around after that demo and deliver a great gaming experience.

Like I said in the other thread: This demo is going to cost them sales. No question about it.

This demo is going to cost them sales. No question about it.

Im seriously considering my pre-order with Amazon, its an absolutely horrible demo to put out. But im so glad they did, i can spend my money elsewhere.

Ugh. Played the demo a short while and was very disappointed. I canceled my pre-order on Steam. I really wanted to like this game but I will now wait till I see a review or two.

Downloading...................................................

I don't understand how anyone can make such a shitty key-configuration menu. They must have actually been trying incredibly hard to make it as bad as it is.

DM was a poor choice for gamemode to demo your game, since it's the single shittest MP game type ever conceived, but the game feels polished enough. Willing to give it a second try if they un-fuck the matchmaking and keybind menu.

Damn, the download is moving nicely. 83% already and I just started downloading at the time I made my first post in this thread.

I'm not so sure. I've often found that while the actual games are a little more polished, the gameplay we see in a demo is usually pretty close to what we'll see in the final product. Though a multi-player demo won't tell you much about the single player game which is where I expected this game to shine anyway. We'll see though. I'll have the demo downloaded shortly.

Back