Votes: 43 14.2%
  • 37-42

Votes: 24 7.9%
  • 43-49

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • >50

Votes: 5 1.7%

• Total voters
OOps here I go again upsetting the apple cart. I’m going to be 65. Ouch.

BF2 BF2142 COD4

23 here...started my first job out of college (engineer) in february.

Still living at home for the time being so my salary is almost all getting banked...was nice to build my new $1200 rig a few weeks ago after 4 years of radeon 9800 pro :D

Since March I've bought CoD4, TF2, BF2, UT2K4, and STALKER...all games I wanted but my old rig couldn't handle too well so I can finally catch up with the times.

Life is good :)

Heh I've still got a couple of (I believe) still functioning pong consoles in the attic.

I can't remember who made mine, it was yellow and black with 2 knobs in the lower corners for control, and a couple of 3-way switches to select game type and difficulty.

Wish I still had it...

My father turned 70 in January and he's a ferocious HL2 deathmatcher. He started with Speedball 2 and never looked back.

And he's actually good now! I watched him playing on the hotrod PC my brother and I bought as his gift and goddamn he has skills. He was playing in some huge open cube map and sniping people with the crossbow while running around like a nut. He plays well enough now that people get pissed off at him.

That's a big improvement over the days when we'd play Unreal against each other and I'd find him camping with the sniper rifle and kill him with the snotgun.

My father turned 70 in January and he's a ferocious HL2 deathmatcher. He started with Speedball 2 and never looked back.

And he's actually good now! I watched him playing on the hotrod PC my brother and I bought as his gift and goddamn he has skills. He was playing in some huge open cube map and sniping people with the crossbow while running around like a nut. He plays well enough now that people get pissed off at him.

That's a big improvement over the days when we'd play Unreal against each other and I'd find him camping with the sniper rifle and kill him with the snotgun.

Speeball II is one of the best games ever made...dang I spendt hours of fun in that game.

I can't remember who made mine, it was yellow and black with 2 knobs in the lower corners for control, and a couple of 3-way switches to select game type and difficulty.

Wish I still had it...

Now your making me want to dig mine out, it sounds similar to the one you are describing, (though the yellowing might very well be from age at this point.) It was the model where it needed to be hooked up to the TV and it took 6 D-cell batteries; it might have had a total of 3 or 5 games, (pong, double poing, squash...)

Yeah, I knew going into it that the [H] would have slightly older users.

I've been surprised by how young a lot of PC gamers are now, though, what with the relatively recent global domination by World of Warcraft and clones.

I have a younger brother who started playing HL2 when he was like 11, which is partly why I included those age groups in the poll.

Maybe I just don't hang out with the right crowd, but I'm pretty surprised by how old (relatively!) many of the people posting here are. My parents are ex-hippies so they never fully embraced the idea of gaming, and I haven't met that many folks above their 30s that are really into playing seriously.

So gg, older dudes! :cool:

Your dad kicks ass.

29, almost 30. Been gaming since I was 4 with the Atari 2600.

I was hanging out with a few buddies on Saturday night playing SSBB and it got me thinking: Will we be doing this exact same thing when we're 40 with a buncha little kids running around?

It was pretty much a unanimous yes.

41 years old.
My first video game was The Imortal PONG!
Some how I missed Pong but my first game was Space Invaders at the local Round Table Pizza. It wasn't until the following year the bolwing alley got astriods.

I'm really old... 46!

That is one impressive textbook bellcurve.....

OOps here I go again upsetting the apple cart. I’m going to be 65. Ouch.

BF2 BF2142 COD4

Ya, I know this poll is off because there has to be more GenXer's playing. Now, I can see the Baby Boomers being under represented

32 years old here, I'm an old mans... :(

Started with an Atari 2600 and an Intellivision. :)

41 and still gaming. Don't plan to stop. At our monthly LAN parties, one of the guy's Dad still games with us and he's in his 50's. That'll be me in another decade...lol!

25 here just another ho hum pixel whore echo boomer to add to that beautiful bell curve :D

Just turned 28.

Like LunchboX3904 said, once people graduate college and get real jobs affording games no longer matters. Whether is it buying a just a game or a couple of consoles, I don't have to worry about budgeting for the money or if I can afford it, I just buy it. It also allows me to be an accessory whore. :D

But, can you REALLY afford it???

If your PARENTS paid for your collage, then I guess so, but then again, if they paid for your collage, I can safely assume they paid for your car too and probably the insurance as well.

To others though, your looking at graduation of collage and slapped in the face with at least a $40k debt. You got to pay for your home and all things associated with that as well as a car and insurance. Unless you graduated and still live with mommy and daddy.

Just going out and forking over $40-$50 bucks on a whim really starts to take its toll and "worring about budgeting" becomes a very SERIOUS concern. Even a simple $10 game from the budget rack at Wal-Mart plays a roll in the thought of "can I afford this" or not, esp when gas costs nearly $4 bucks per gallon. The questions becomes very apparent at that point....Do I really want this game or do I want to have gas to go to work the next day?

If your PARENTS paid for your collage, then I guess so, but then again, if they paid for your collage, I can safely assume they paid for your car too and probably the insurance as well.

To others though, your looking at graduation of collage and slapped in the face with at least a $40k debt. You got to pay for your home and all things associated with that as well as a car and insurance. Unless you graduated and still live with mommy and daddy.

Just going out and forking over $40-$50 bucks on a whim really starts to take its toll and "worring about budgeting" becomes a very SERIOUS concern. Even a simple $10 game from the budget rack at Wal-Mart plays a roll in the thought of "can I afford this" or not, esp when gas costs nearly $4 bucks per gallon. The questions becomes very apparent at that point....Do I really want this game or do I want to have gas to go to work the next day?

The price in europe is like $8 per gallon, what are you whining about? :p

Well, I'm only looking at about $6000 of debt and I'm working my own way through college. I can easily work that off my first year or two out. So...?

Now your making me want to dig mine out, it sounds similar to the one you are describing, (though the yellowing might very well be from age at this point.) It was the model where it needed to be hooked up to the TV and it took 6 D-cell batteries; it might have had a total of 3 or 5 games, (pong, double poing, squash...)

FOUND IT!!

The "Magnavox Odyssey 300" LINK of AWSOMNESS!!

Nice to see a wide range of age groups

36 - I'm so old my first computer was a Commodore Vic 20! Those were the days, 8 kilobytes of memory. The games were on cartridge - I still fondly remember playing Omega Race for hours on end!

16 here my step dad also games he is 31. Yeah not many young people on the forums. And that under 10 gotta be a joke.

I'm 18(19 this summer) and my dad is 45 later this year, we both game, it just happens I usually game more and I'm more skilled(UT2k4 mainly, Cod1/2 back when we got that...FPS's), plus he is dad, has things to do. Woo, nice to have graduated high school last summer, even with "work" right now @ least my head isn't stressed like with school, but I'll do college in a few months. My dad just says "hell when I was a kid, we had fucking pong". so awesome. My Test Drive PS2 game has a loading screen game where u can play pong. LMAO.

youse youngsters dont know what old is... saying youre 30 and old... shoot.. Im pushing 60 now well in 4 years and I think thats going to be a real hard birthday to have. 60 sheesh never thought Id live to be this old.

Im 18.

I wouldnet consider myself a hardcore gamer anymore. The finacial burden of car payments and a girlfriend have really taken a toll on my gaming money. Not to mention my bar tab every other night.(In Canada, you can drink at 18)

47 and do not plan on quitting gaming any time soon.... lol

Back