Votes: 24 7.9%
  • 43-49

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • >50

Votes: 5 1.7%

• Total voters

Ooddiittyy

n00b
Curious about how old your fellow GAMERS are?

Then take the poll! (But only if you actively consider yourself a GAMER. Any non-GAMERS, or people not involved in GENERAL GAMING, please disregard this poll.)

I would just like to emphasize once again that this poll is intended solely for individuals involved in PC/console gaming, and not for anyone else, as I wouldn't want this post to appear to be off-topic by being insufficiently specific on this point.

:D

Seems like the majority so far is between 22 and 36.
20 years from now lets do another poll like this one.

Just turned 28.

Like LunchboX3904 said, once people graduate college and get real jobs affording games no longer matters. Whether is it buying a just a game or a couple of consoles, I don't have to worry about budgeting for the money or if I can afford it, I just buy it. It also allows me to be an accessory whore. :D

Just turned 28.

Like LunchboX3904 said, once people graduate college and get real jobs affording games no longer matters. Whether is it buying a just a game or a couple of consoles, I don't have to worry about budgeting for the money or if I can afford it, I just buy it. It also allows me to be an accessory whore. :D

<--- 23

In just a few months I will know of that fresh-outta-college feeling you speak of.

I cannot wait. :D

32 years...from the Atari/Commodore age ;)

I was real into Atari/Commodore, too...but I guess I got in 4 years younger than you did. (that means I'm 28, for the mathematically impared)

21 here,

I am a gamer first, college student second haha

Like-wise, haha! :cool: Though it should be the other way around :(.

Hopefully once I graduate I may also feel the richness and be able to afford things I've always wanted :)

I was real into Atari/Commodore, too...but I guess I got in 4 years younger than you did.

More likely 4 years later. It's entirely possible he was playing the 2600 or 800 in 1980 as a 4 year old, a little less probable that you were doing the same thing as a fetus.

Turned 31 this year and I've been at it since I was 12 (when I got a C64)

Offcourse I have less time to game these days but apart from the girlfriend I still count gaming as my nr1 hobby and I don't plan to quit anytime soon either.

19, I'm primarily just a pc gamer with some Nintendo or old systems played once in a while.

I pretty much can afford what ever console/game I want but haven't bought too much because my interest are limited and I stick to what I like.

lol who voted less than 10? I am 24. There's gotta be more folks in their 40s playing.

22... I'm starting to notice a decline in my attentiveness though. I have a few games that I have yet to finish (No More Heroes, Mario Galaxy (got around 80 stars), and Paper Mario). I'm finding it harder and harder these days to pick up a game and truly play through it right (although I did beat metroid prime and zelda :)).

I just feel like its harder to pick up a game and keep focused. I partly blame that on school (and work), but perhaps more so on the internet. I feel like the internet, the best means invented to waste mass amounts of time (as evidenced by this post), often seems to win out for me.

Even in regards to playing games, I feel like its "easier" to just go an put in a couple of hours in TF2 rather than fire up the console and make some real progress in the single player of a game. I guess I just miss those days when I was younger where I would put some 5 hours into FF7...

Does anyone else feel this way? Sometimes I get scared that I'm starting to lose my interest in games :(

What I was really meaning to post (aside from my pseudo off-topic rant), was that I think that this poll will be kind of skewed. Given the nature of this forum, I think it tends to attract older age groups, i.e. 16+.

27 here. Not a hardcore gamer, since I have many other interests, but gaming is definitely good entertainment and I usually play a game or two, after I get home from work. Right now, it's mostly Quake Wars.

23 here. I don't play games as much as I used to but I still log in a few hours. Right now it's between BF2 and Hitman Blood Money.

I'm 22... I'm stuck in a place where the winter brings chilling -60c and 110kmph winds... In the winter there is nothing else to do but game. Don't see me stopping anytime soon.

I'm 28. Been a gamer since I was 9 or 10 years old. Even though I'm married, I still play 15+ hours a week (I get off work 4 hours before my wife). Don't see myself stopping anytime soon.

29 here. Started when my dad brought home an atari 2600 when i was oh, real young i barely remember.

Been going strong since.

Two or even three of you in the same room might add up to my age.....:eek:

More likely 4 years later. It's entirely possible he was playing the 2600 or 800 in 1980 as a 4 year old, a little less probable that you were doing the same thing as a fetus.

We had a 2600 that we got in the 1984 time-frame. I didn't realize that it came out as early as it did. We got our C64 in 1986.

Figures you'd have a bell-curve around the NES generation, I guess. :)

The Children of the baby boom generation are referred to as "echo boomers". They are generally around 25 years old as your poll shows.

Console companies know this which is why they can afford to make each successive console more expensive as we get older and have greater disposable income. You'll find consoles and games will continue to follow our generation rather than being aimed at a fixed age group. Only Nintendo remain aimed at kids while everyone else followed the echo boomers (where the money is at). Nintendo almost killed themselves as a result. Luckily their Wii was endearing enough for the older generation that they got away with it this time roundand got a very large piece of the echo boomer pie.

Back