“Avengers: Infinity War” Posts All-Time Record Opening of $250M

I didn't like dinkler either...imo they should have had someone else for that char, it is just he is Famous...so had to be in the movie...

loved they toss backs etc, the one thing that gets me is this: Thanos GAVE the mind stone to Loki in Avengers 1......

Comic book movies are garbage, so many mouth breathers continue to pay for this crap month after month tho that they'll never stop pooping out these movies.

I'm just amazed that people like different stuff than me. What an outrage! Those people are losers that don't know real entertainment when they see it.

Am I doing it right? I'm the only opinion that matters and put down everyone else that likes something I don't? Cool. :)

I thought it was a great movie, I love comic book movies when done right. So far, I have not been disappointed by any MCU movie. You're entitled to your opinion, but don't shit on others.

Saw it last night. I am a believer in genre fatigue, but I admit I was surprised - there was some depth of thought to this movie, there was some real humor, there was a good tie-in between all the characters and the plot line, and surprisingly they had a crazy/not crazy bad guy. I loved the closing shot.

The only thing I didn't like was Peter Dinkler. I'm not sure why.

A giant dwarf?

I'm just amazed that people like different stuff than me. What an outrage! Those people are losers that don't know real entertainment when they see it.

Am I doing it right? I'm the only opinion that matters and put down everyone else that likes something I don't? Cool. :)

I thought it was a great movie, I love comic book movies when done right. So far, I have not been disappointed by any MCU movie. You're entitled to your opinion, but don't shit on others.

Right? When people feel the need to insult others for liking something different, it says a lot of about their own character.

Also there havent been much for original stories since before movies came into being. Stories are always recycled, just with a few changes made to it and maybe a different perspective.

I enjoyed it, wife and I saw it saturday afternoon, was decently packed for a time they just added last minute and didnt advertise or put on websites. Got first pick of seats so that was nice.

Right? When people feel the need to insult others for liking something different, it says a lot of about their own character.

Also there havent been much for original stories since before movies came into being. Stories are always recycled, just with a few changes made to it and maybe a different perspective.

I enjoyed it, wife and I saw it saturday afternoon, was decently packed for a time they just added last minute and didnt advertise or put on websites. Got first pick of seats so that was nice.

Kinda like every Apple thread on [H]. Or console thread. etc.

Movie was fantastic.

Saw it last night. I am a believer in genre fatigue, but I admit I was surprised - there was some depth of thought to this movie, there was some real humor, there was a good tie-in between all the characters and the plot line, and surprisingly they had a crazy/not crazy bad guy. I loved the closing shot.

I'm not a Dinklage fan, I don't watch Game of Thrones (only got through 2.5 of the books when I realized the third book was essentially a whole new cast and said f' it because I was reading them as they came out and that's too much to remember every 5 years). So seeing Dinklage amused me slightly but then I heard him speak and went "why do people love him?" as it was easily the stiffest performance in the movie. reminded me of the scenes I've seen where he's talking about wizards on the moon in Destiny.

Dinkler, LOL.

It's Dinklage! Here, let me help you remember in the future:

F**k me, I'm so bad with names. My nieces and nephews are grown and in college, I see them all the time, and I still don't get their names right.

I have three names for all woman: Heather, Sarah and Susan. I have never dated a woman with any of those names, so life can be difficult.

I'm just amazed people get so mad that people think things I like aren't cool. What an outrage! Those people are losers that just hate on everything.

Am I doing it right?

Clearly my comment was a bit tongue in cheek. These movies are wildly successful even though they're poo'd out every month. You know what else is wildly successful? Fast food cheeseburgers. About once a year I'll enjoy a fast food burger; that doesn't mean its not garbage. If you enjoy consuming garbage so often why do you care what I think? You'd think with a name like "Urmom" you wouldn't be so easy to troll.

Honestly, WTF is still interested in these cookie cutter, one of a dozen marvel movies? I couldn't even be bothered to watch it if they offered a ticket for free.

Don't get me wrong, I liked the movie but considering the hype that surrounded this movie I was kind of expecting a whole lot more; it didn't live up to the hype.

I saw it, have to give it a "meh" leaning towards "pretty bad". It has decent bits of action, but it really fell flat on the storytelling side. Part of it was the acting (seriously, it felt like most of the "big name" stars were barely phoning it in - looking at you Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, whoever the hell scarjo is, and bendydick cucumberpatch.) I'm not sure if the other half was down to the directing or the editing to keep it under 5 hours. It felt like this movie WANTED to tell a story with an epic scope like a classic Tom Wolfe novel* but ended up becoming one supremely basic story surrounded (and dragged out) by a jumble of half-told stories instead. And I know, "you can't judge this movie as a standalone" but you know what? It IS a standalone movie, and not a short one either. The failure to at least tell a cohesive story is a pretty serious sin as far as I'm concerned, I honestly think it would have made a far more compelling story if they had stuck with one main character (Thor being the obvious choice) and skipped all the other half-baked plots. And who knows, maybe that's what they were trying to do with Thanos, but if that's the case they should have put more effort into his motivation and backstory.

*I know there are plenty of other authors who write in a similar style, he's just my favorite.

I would've really enjoyed seeing Thanos' love for Death from the comics played up, I think it would've made him a much more terrifying figure. Truth be told, I would've really enjoyed a movie solely about Thanos and his children, they were probably my favourite part of this movie (besides the Guardians mixing it up with Thor). And a solo Thanos movie probably would've given the storytellers time to play the Death angle.

Oh, and great job on Thanos' CGI. I thought it looked terrible in earlier trailers, but quickly forgot he was CGI watching the movie.

And great to see Red Skull wasn't forgotten, hope his character gets more screen time in the next Avengers movie

Avengers: Infinity War is now the record holder for biggest domestic opening, having earned $250M over the weekend. The previous record was held by Star Wars: The Force Awakens, which opened at $247.96M. Infinity War has also managed to set a new global record, with $630M at the international box office.

AMC reports that Avengers: Infinity War had the highest Friday and Saturday box office gross for a single title in AMC’s 98-year history. Three of the circuit’s locations around the country played the movie for 24 hours, without ever closing (AMC Lincoln Square and AMC Fresh Meadows in NYC; Navy Pier IMAX at AMC in Chicago).

Infinity Wars only beat Force Awakens because Wars was released in 340 more theaters than FA. FA grossed more per theater.

So technically FA is the reigning champ. But that’s not how the Box Office reports it unfortunately.

Infinity Wars only beat Force Awakens because Wars was released in 340 more theaters than FA. FA grossed more per theater.

So technically FA is the reigning champ. But that’s not how the Box Office reports it unfortunately.

I dunno, that doesnt make any sense at all. Of course one with less theaters showing it would have more sales per theater. The theaters are the ones that care about filling the seats because they make the money off concessions but box office is about total sales.

Sounds more like you don't like the movie so you created an argument against it.

I dunno, that doesnt make any sense at all. Of course one with less theaters showing it would have more sales per theater. The theaters are the ones that care about filling the seats because they make the money off concessions but box office is about total sales.

Sounds more like you don't like the movie so you created an argument against it.

I loved the movie. Both in fact.

The results are skewed because it’s not apples to apples and comparing an average is a better measurement.

Honestly, WTF is still interested in these cookie cutter, one of a dozen marvel movies? I couldn't even be bothered to watch it if they offered a ticket for free.

You're an enemy of fun.

He felt out of place, like they pulled him out of GoT and CGI'd him 20ft tall.

You're an enemy of fun.
I just prefer fun that's at least a 7 out of 10, and not a mild puddle with padding. Life is short enough without wasting it on mediocre entertainment.

I mostly agree with this. I would watch it for free though ... I don't get how or why they make billions after billions.. then again if viewed as if something to waste time and absolutely nothing else, well i suppose. But yeah, these movies are do insipid, sometimes it worries me a bit they attract so many people, I hope they aren't thinking they are watching anything of even the smallest amount of substance, this is an all sugar buffet... I know Hollywood is big on sugar, but jeez.

I am a little over the super hero super team movies, Avengers age of ultron and Justice league killed it for me, I prefer the slapstick comedy with action of deadpool or the Nolan version of Batman. watching the hulk become superman and smash everything is getting boring or seeing superman becoming unrealistically super to the point he now has necromancy powers is just getting stupid

I think they "killed" the wrong characters. Actors who's contracts are up or looking to bow out should have been the ones to go. There would have been some mystery if they were really dead or not. So gee I wonder if Black Panther who just made 1.3 billion dollars in his first movie is gone for good?

I am a little over the super hero super team movies, Avengers age of ultron and Justice league killed it for me, I prefer the slapstick comedy with action of deadpool or the Nolan version of Batman. watching the hulk become superman and smash everything is getting boring or seeing superman becoming unrealistically super to the point he now has necromancy powers is just getting stupid
That's a big problem with movies these days. In an effort to go bigger and bigger they made the characters invincible, now everything can happen and everyone can survive anything. There is zero suspense in these movies now. There is no clear point where it went wrong it was a gradual process of doing bigger stunts and larger fights, to the point where they became completely unrelatable. How can you worry about characters who are thrown hundreds of meters and go trough concrete foundations and then stand up like nothing happened?

Liking Marvel movies doesn't mean that you also cannot like more avant garde things. I enjoy the Marvel stuff while also being a huge fan of David Lynch. I found both Infinity Wars and Eraserhead highly entertaining, albeit in very different ways.

I mean, I hate all things Star Wars these days, but I'm not a cork-sniffing asshole about it towards those movies' fans.

That's a big problem with movies these days. In an effort to go bigger and bigger they made the characters invincible, now everything can happen and everyone can survive anything. There is zero suspense in these movies now. There is no clear point where it went wrong it was a gradual process of doing bigger stunts and larger fights, to the point where they became completely unrelatable. How can you worry about characters who are thrown hundreds of meters and go trough concrete foundations and then stand up like nothing happened?

Not a fan of the new star wars trilogy, found them all to be hollow and eye candy, the Last Jedi was cringe worthy the princess laia in space move, the luke acting like a little b....ch or deciding whether it is good kylo or bad kylo, and lastly Snoke the legend was so innocuous that now we go into the last movie knowing its going to be Ben vs Rae and in the end he will tell her they are siblings. Movies are tailored to kids and I don't know if the unrealistic expectations are not part of the problem.

Yeah...no.

I just bought Blade Runner 2049 this past weekend. Eh. It wasn't complete garbage, but I also didn't find it to be a great movie either. Just an ok movie. First off felt that they used the same ploy they did with Godzilla. In order to get people to watch the movie you were lead to believe that Deckard would be in a lot more of the movie. Instead that is like the last 30 minutes of a 2.5 hour movie that they reintroduce him. Ford had what maybe 8 minutes of screen time? Just like how Godzilla made you think that Cranston's character was going to be in most of the movie, and instead he died 5 minutes in. So that alone knocked it down a little for me as I was expecting more development for the Deckard character. Not only that but the movie kind of ends without any clear end to what was being started. if they are planning a 3rd movie then I guess that is fine as it buildings up the story for a multiple movie arc, but as it is, you have a slow build to nothing for a one off addition to the series.

You didn't use enough insults. Nor are you being forceful enough with your opinion.

I think they "killed" the wrong characters. Actors who's contracts are up or looking to bow out should have been the ones to go. There would have been some mystery if they were really dead or not. So gee I wonder if Black Panther who just made 1.3 billion dollars in his first movie is gone for good?

yeah, others have stated the same thing. I had the same though. You know that given upcoming movies it is kind of hard to have Spiderman 2, Black Panther 2 and other sequels if something doesn't change so there is no real thought of danger. We know that Chris Evans was saying that his contract ends with this movie and that he probably is out of the MCU now. Given that had Captain America been "killed" off, you would be more wondering if that is for good or not. With how it stands now, you know something has change in the next movie even if you haven't read the comics to know that is what happens.

Stark and Rogers couldn't end their entire run without reuniting. And Thanos will actually engage Stark and lose a drop of blood, and talk to Tony. When Drax charged him he used his actual power and blocked him.

Strange could choose a timeline where he lived, but he faked his death. Just a theory.

Back