hard to tell what this really is

looks like a retread of the crappy movie...tie in for Avatar 2 which hits theaters in December 2022...the movie had pretty visuals with a dumb story, hopefully the game doesn't follow that same pattern

looks like a retread of the crappy movie...tie in for Avatar 2 which hits theaters in December 2022...the movie had pretty visuals with a dumb story, hopefully the game doesn't follow that same pattern

Getting a HZD type vibe.....could potentially be good, but it's a Ubi game so just as strong likelihood of it being trash.

Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora– Snowdrop Tech Showcase

Ubisoft will leverage Massive's Snowdrop engine to create NPCs that more realistically understand and react to changes in the world around them, like weather, or your own progression through the game...

Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora– Snowdrop Tech Showcase

Ubisoft will leverage Massive's Snowdrop engine to create NPCs that more realistically understand and react to changes in the world around them, like weather, or your own progression through the game...

I don't think I've ever, not once in my whole lifetime, saw marketing about "advanced AI that behaves realistically and does XYZ" that actually panned out in the final product lol

I still think this game looks cool though. I'm not an Avatar hater like many, on the contrary I think it's a cool and colorful sci fi world.

I don't think I've ever, not once in my whole lifetime, saw marketing about "advanced AI that behaves realistically and does XYZ" that actually panned out in the final product lol

I still think this game looks cool though. I'm not an Avatar hater like many, on the contrary I think it's a cool and colorful sci fi world.

I think Far Cry 1 and FEAR 1 hyped it up pre-release and delivered...but yeah it's rare and I'm not holding my breath...but if they do happen to nail it then combined with the gorgeous-ness of the Snowdrop engine this could be a graphics powerhouse (ray-tracing also confirmed)

Looks good to me. Looks like it may be sort of God of War ish or even call of duty like. I probably wouldn't buy it as I'm not into these types of games but it looks good for those that do.

It's just marketing hyping the AI to sound more advanced than it is. ”reacts to weather” is just putting some logic to stay out of the rain in an if statement.

The Half-Life box said something like ”AI so advanced enemies can smell you” which in reality just meant they didn't implement line of sight on the AI so they have wall hacks.

sounds like it could be one of the best looking PC games of all time...that alone makes me interested- Snowdrop engine, ray-tracing etc

Frontiers of Pandora will be a 'brand new story with new characters'

Instead of re-treading forgotten ground, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora is going to explore the "amazing science fiction world" the original Avatar built that Luigi Priore describes as "a great playground to play in"

"The whole idea is to have it be part of the storyline of that giant franchise on Pandora, but it’s not a 'play the movie' game...it’s an all new open world, new characters," Priore continues. "That’s why it’s called Frontiers of Pandora. It takes place on another frontier, another area of the moon of Pandora"...

https://venturebeat.com/2021/06/21/...ing-with-avatar-and-pirates-of-the-caribbean/

they missed a golden opportunity as a tie-in with Avatar 2 which hits theaters in December 2022

Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora delayed

Ubisoft announced today that Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora has been delayed, and is now slated to show up sometime in Ubisoft's 2023-24 financial year, which begins in April 2023...“We are committed to delivering a cutting-edge immersive experience that takes full advantage of next-gen technology, as this amazing global entertainment brand represents a major multi-year opportunity for Ubisoft,” it said on Thursday...

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/ubisoft-has-delayed-avatar-frontiers-of-pandora/

AMD and Ubisoft have partnered to optimize the new version of the Snowdrop engine, which will power Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora amongst other titles...AMD showed off a brief Snowdrop Engine tech demo featuring ray-traced global illumination, shadows, and more...

finally gameplay footage!

Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora – Official World Premiere Trailer

Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora – Official Game Overview Trailer

1st person was a good choice. I presumed 3rd.

I would have preferred if the Star Wars game was 1st person, but I suppose I will look at this one to. The recent movie was extremely boring, so the source material isn't that great. Add in Ubisoft social justice plots and lack of structure in general and I can't see this game having an appealing story. The running looks a bit like Far Cry, although apparently this is using Snowdrop which is what they used from the Division games. I am assuming this will essentially be Far Cry: Avatar. The animations look so similar. The blurb about making meals to eat makes me think this will have the typical Ubisoft crap in it. It looks kind of interesting. Comes December. I am more interested in the Star Wars game, but I suppose this will be worth a look.

Bugs aside, I think if I am going to play a massive open world game I would rather go for Starfield.

An Avatar game would have to be open world, and because it’s a game, not a movie, it would pretty much have to have multiple biomes (for variety). And it would have to be the natives vs humans. And combat would not be enough - you’d have to add a bunch of activities or different mission types.

Yeah… I guess we could just call it a Far Cry re-skin, but that’s sort of what the game would be anyhow?

Alternatively, the game could have levels, in which case it would be a Call of Duty re-skin. LOL.

Maybe some of you can elaborate on your hopes - what exactly were you hoping for?

I don't mind a Far Cry Avatar reskin as long as it's based on the original Far Cry or Far Cry 2

I'm totally burned out on Far Cry and I don't give a shit about avatar... But I am a sucker for flying mounts.

looks great and i like what the voice-over is saying, but i still think its going to crush mid/low gpus...

and it's an AMD sponsored game so most likely no DLSS which sucks...looks like a very demanding game in terms of hardware

and it's an AMD sponsored game so most likely no DLSS which sucks...looks like a very demanding game in terms of hardware
Lame. Bribing studios to omit support for the vast majority of players (Nvidia) is ridiculous. I doubt my 3080 will run it well at 4k without it dlss.

Lame. Bribing studios to omit support for the vast majority of players (Nvidia) is ridiculous. I doubt my 3080 will run it well at 4k without it dlss.

looks like there will be DLSS support after all...that's a pleasant surprise...the developer (Massive Entertainment) has made some good PC ports with The Division games so they have enough pull to make sure it's included along with FSR...

"Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora will utilize AMD's FSR 2 technology so players can fine-tune visual quality and performance, and it will be able to handle most resolution and aspect ratios; including ultra-wide screens. The game will also support DLSS at launch"

https://news.ubisoft.com/en-us/arti...Zm7/frontiers-of-pandora-pc-features-revealed

the developer (Massive Entertainment) has made some good PC ports with The Division games so they have enough pull to make sure it's included along with FSR...
Hopefully that means it doesn't CTD every 22min like The Div2.

"Many-Core CPU support", that's an interesting way to phrase it.
Article says DLSS support, no mention in the trailer.

Back