They might have an agreement?

Mapgenie's UX is MUCH better! Thanks for the link
I've use MapGenie for a few years now, so I'm glad you like it. It fits nicely on the screen of my Surface Pro 4 that I often use as a companion device and works well with the touchscreen features.

The new update fucked up FSR3 so bad. 120FPS looks like 60FPS, 70FPS like 35FPS. Also input lag feels worse. It always fascinates me how something this bad still makes its way to the public.

The new update fucked up FSR3 so bad. 120FPS looks like 60FPS, 70FPS like 35FPS. Also input lag feels worse. It always fascinates me how something this bad still makes its way to the public.
Holy shit… goin inthe wrong direction, eh?

Game is great. Too bad they didn’t do DLSS and frame gen properly. Also if you think flying Dino was fun, wait till you get to upper plains and realize that the game really opens up later lol.

Holy crap, when you get your flying dinosaur thing the game really opens up… and if you’re on the right hardware this game, at times, feels like you’re on drugs… not that I’ve ever been on drugs… but I imagine that taking drugs would be like this.
Yeah baby, one of my fav games!

I am @ 30-something hours & 30-something % complete.

I started out like someone said earlier - running hell bent on given tasks, but after I got to the home tree, I've been smelling the roses & talking to everyone I find & doing side missions & trying some "crafting" (which I HATE).

I finally got my Irkan this morning!

I'm planning to take my sweet ass time in this game...
This site says the game only takes 22~42 hours - https://howlongtobeat.com/game/93907

But once I got the "flying dinosaur thing" I decided to use that thing to the max.
NOTE: Running will expose you to a lot of people & ingredients you will miss while flying!

I started to explore the world a bit more slowly & gather weapons & weird ingredients - especially at night.

Eventually, I headed into the final battle & ultimately spent 109 hours to complete the story - but there's still a ton more stuff buried in the game.

^^^Like most games, I know when I finish the main story, I rarely go back in, so I made a point to enjoy the ride...

SIDE NOTE: Armenius turned me onto this super helpful site - https://mapgenie.io/

Last edited:
Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora 3.2 Update

NOTABLE IMPROVEMENTS:
[Xbox Series X/S, PS5] Added a 40 FPS mode
[PC] Enabled Intel XeSS Super Sampling

GLOBAL:
Added Fast Travel option to Research Station Alpha
Controller re-mapping no longer resets on game restart
Fixed various crashes
Fixed a few misspellings
Fixed some voice lines overlapping during dialogue

TECHNICAL:
[PC] AMD FSR3 has been temporarily rolled back.
Dev Note: To prevent visual artifacts impacting the interpolation output of FSR3 Frame Generation we've decided to roll back to the previously used version of FSR3. Despite this rollback, we've decided to keep certain improvements that we introduced with the upgraded version, such as improvements to UI composition when using Frame Generation

MAIN QUESTS & SIDE-QUESTS:
[Main Quest - Shadows of the Past] Fixed an issue that would prevent the quest from updating when done in co-op

ADDITIONAL BUG FIXES:
[All Platforms] Rescued Resistance human characters no longer appear back in the Resistance HQ with a mask on
[All Platforms] Some NPCs no longer become invisible when at the edge of the Player's vision

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/game/...j/avatar-frontiers-of-pandora-title-update-32

Now we need a 48 FPS mode for the 144 Hz televisions that are coming out now.
set it to 120

Its not about why don't they make every possible option a choice

The point is that some games which can't hit a consistent 60 and are therefore typically locked to 30 in the great console development tradition---- are actually able to hit a consistent 40. Which feels quite a bit better than 30. And you still avoid judder issues, because it divides evenly into a 120hz display. Its not an arbitrary choice.

I have not looked at this game since launch on the Intel card, don't remember punching this game above 60fps without some kind upscale or frame gen.

Back