avast! anti-virus, any users?

In my search for a XP x64 antivirus client I have come across few, but avast! seems to be the one with the most choices. Has anyone every used any of their products and if so how do they stack up? I think I could get the free trial until AVG comes out for Win XPx64. Or if good I could just purchase it outright.

Courtesy Link

Note: I wasn't sure if this should go in general software or here, but seeing the spyware sticky up top and being that this is Windows 64 related I chose here, Mods move if you want.

I use the free version of Avast, or at least I have for the past month. Seems to work well; it even blocked an incoming trojan horse from what I thought was an innocuous web URL. So far, so good.

I love AVAST! I was able to get my old company to switch server and desktop AV to avast licensed version and a year later they are still using and loving it. I have the pay version at home and i am totally pleased.

I plan on getting XP-64 soon and will mostly get their 64 AV as well.

I've used avast Free edition for over a year now. It features alot of functionality considering that it is free. I especially like the web protection that will detect viruses before you even download them. Also, the program doesn't use many system resources in comparison to something like Norton. In addition, the autoupdate happens it the background automatically. Norton, as I remember it, always required an annoying update interface.

You can't go wrong with avast.

avast works very well for me. Nice and stable, with low resource usage.

I've been using avast for the last 6 months, no viruses at all. The best part is its free!!! I go to any sites I want, my avast along with my google toolbar keeps my computer safe.

Nice and clean, doesn't get in your face (especially if you disable skins). Picked up ad-ware related stuff that Symantec Corporate didn't.

Back