Avalanche Shows Off Just Cause 4 Gameplay

AlphaAtlas

[H]ard|Gawd
Staff member
Avalanche developers uploaded a 19 minute video that shows off a beta version of Just Cause 4. Highlights include a tank suspended by balloons, and propelled by strap-on rockets, raining fury from above. What more could you ask for?

Check out the gameplay here.

Game Director Francesco Antolini reveals brand new and exclusive information while Producer Bryan Rodriquez plays the game live, demonstrating the creative freedom and vibrant world that Just Cause 4 offers. This Just Cause 4 live gameplay presentation took place at Gamescom 2018. Just Cause 4 is coming to Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC on 4th December 2018.

No only COOP, but god these genre of games are worse than watching paint dry. Just wondering around like that... BORING.

Stopped watching when the container dropped out of the sky without a parachute then *poof* jet appears. Lame.

I like the Just Cause games. This one looks even more ridiculous in what you can do.

Coop would be interesting. You would end up with something like Wildlands in terms of gameplay.

The moment a presenter "Oooo"s or "Wooowww"s at their own presentation material then I turn it off. That's when you know the material is boring.

If this game came Free with a 2080ti EVGA card I would buy it just because.

Only game in the series I tried was Just Cause 2 years ago when I got it free with a GPU purchase.

I couldn't get into it, in large part because of the 3rd person view.

I just wish all 3rd person games would die.

Only game in the series I tried was Just Cause 2 years ago when I got it free with a GPU purchase.

I couldn't get into it, in large part because of the 3rd person view.

I just wish all 3rd person games would die.

I am going to have to agree...3rd person is awful in pretty much every way. It is also horrible for MP because you know...being able to see around that tree your standing behind is fair lol.

I disagree about 3rd person when it's built for it. Just like top down games or rpg's play. They aren't meant for first person.

On a separate note single player games are dead to me. If I can't play with my friends or SO on a video game I don't have time for it.

I disagree about 3rd person when it's built for it. Just like top down games or rpg's play. They aren't meant for first person.

On a separate note single player games are dead to me. If I can't play with my friends or SO on a video game I don't have time for it.

It's all about personal preference, because 3rd person and multiplayer games are dead to me.

Usually 3rd person is found in MMO games and more recently Battle Royale like Fortnight it just need to be done right for it to be successful.

I am going to have to agree...3rd person is awful in pretty much every way. It is also horrible for MP because you know...being able to see around that tree your standing behind is fair lol.

Couldn't' agree more. I bought PUBG when it first came out, and found it unplayable because everyone could hide behind a wall and look over it at the same time. It wasn't until the first person mode came around I enjoyed it (and then quickly grew tired of it within a month)

I think every 3rd person game could be made to work in first person. Understand that there are individual preferences here though. 3rd person in single player games doesn't work for me at all. I find it completely unrealistic and uninteresting to hover behind and above the shoulder of my character. Some people may like it though. 3rd person in multiplayer games - however - is just objectively bad, for the whole hiding while looking perspective problem.

I've actually gone in the opposite direction. In college (1999-2003) and for several years thereafter, I had gotten so into multiplayer games that no single player game was interesting to me anymore. I probably have over 10k hours across CS and CS:Source. No way of knowing, as a lot of it was in the original release pre-steam. After that, I put thousands of hours into Red Orchestra and Red Orchestra 2. Great multiplayer games.

These days I just don't have time for multiplayer though. My gaming time is sporadic, and usually when my SO is out, or my Stepson is asleep, at which point communicating over a microphone would be too loud. I also need something I can quickly save and turn off. Multiplayer games just don't work for me for this reason anymore. I probably get anywhere from 0-8 hours of game time a week, in fragments of a couple of hours here or there, and that just doesn't leave enough time to get proficient in, and enjoy a multiplayer game, so I rock single player story based FPS games and oipen world games like the Fallout and STALKER series, and work my way through them over time.

I also play Sid Meiers Civilization games. They are also easily saveable and quiet.

Reactions: Rahh
like this
Just cause is generally awful, regardless of the view.

FPS and 3rd person view games are completely different, if you expect to play a 3rd person view game as an fps then you're doing it wrong.

Both can be good or bad. I so don't care about the view, that often I can't even recall if a game was 3rd person or fps view a few weeks after finishing it. And that's a good thing, because that means I was immersed in the game, and wasn't obsessing over technicalities.

Stopped watching when the container dropped out of the sky without a parachute then *poof* jet appears. Lame.

it's just cause, if you are looking for any sort of accurate physics you are going to cry.

Just cause is generally awful, regardless of the view.

giphy.gif

"What more could you ask for?"

COOP! Why this game doesn't have coop is beyond me. It is the perfect game for it...

No. Not every game needs to be ruined with MP nonsense. It should stay an SP game. JC3 dabbled with some of that and it added nothing but gibberish to the screen as well as disconnecting errors. Apparently they thought it would be cool to show off statistics to your friends. Screw that nonsense.

“What more could you ask for?”

How about more than 20FPS on console versions (inb4 console peasant)

Yeah, your opinion is wrong! Oh wait, that doesn't make sense.

My opinion is by definition means how much I like or dislike the game. So the only way it can be wrong is if I didn't know my own views on the game. But I do know, my opinion, and it is that it's awful.

Yeah I mean, if you hate fun, sure. You do you.

Back