AV Experts, help me out.

harsaphes

Supreme [H]ardness
Hey all. OK, here goes...

I have a Samsung JS9500 set and a Denon X2200W AVR and PS4. Everything works correctly. I recently bought the game Zero Dawn which has an HDR setting. After turning all the setting correctly on the TV and PS4 I was able to select the HDR in game (previously greyed out).

Everything looked terrible and I turned the selection off. After hours of fiddling with settings I connected the PS4 directly to the connect box of the set. Voila! HDR goodness, but now I'm confused how to setup my audio.

Whew...sorry if this is so long....

My AVR is connected to the set using ARC, so thats how my sound travels. Once the PS4 was disconnected from it, it had no sound.
The Samsung connect box has an optical out as does the PS4.
The Denon has optical in (i'm pretty sure)

Because the PS4 is no longer connected to the AVR it is not assigned when selecting inputs.

I'm assuming I do optical out from the PS4 to AVR but because it's not assigned any longer how would I set it up?

Thanks.

use the setup button to find and change the audio input to the one youre using.

Yeah wont work. I've gone through all the settings and it's a no go. The only way I got it to work is PS4 to connect box, optical out of PS4 to AVR. Then the HDR in-game works.

that's what I meant, for the audio. your avr must set the sound input automatically if its working and doesn't pass through the hdr signal which is why its not working.

ps4 -> Denon -> Samsung.

Why mess with that ARC crap, it can't send HD formats anyway.

ps4 -> Denon -> Samsung.

Why mess with that ARC crap, it can't send HD formats anyway.

I think the main implication here is that the receiver is not properly handling HDR signal.

On my back room TV, everything plugs into the TV through HDMI. The TV then has an optical out that feeds the audio of whatever source I'm using back to my old H/K Signature 2.0 preamp. So the preamp NEVER has to switch inputs. Can you do something like that?

I think the downside here for you would be that optical is only supposed to be able to carry up to Dolby Digital or DTS. I do not believe you can get Dolby-HD or DTS-HD over optical. But this would only affect the PS4 and your TV....other sources connected straight to the receiver would be ok.

Firmware upgrades available for demon?

Do you have pads through enabled for that video input? It should work fine.

Guys, just to be clear here we are NOT talking about audio problems. We are talking about displaying HDR in a game. This has nothing to do with using ARC.

Well your OP isn't exactly clear.

Is your setup PS4 --hdmi-- Denon AVR --hdmi-- Samsung connect or not?

Because the PS4 is no longer connected to the AVR it is not assigned when selecting inputs.

I'm assuming I do optical out from the PS4 to AVR but because it's not assigned any longer how would I set it up?

Thanks.

That sounds like an audio question.

Sry. Yes my post was about the audio...spaced out this AM and since I figured out the audio part I thought my question was about the video. I know fucking stupid. What can I say.

Sry. Yes my post was about the audio...spaced out this AM and since I figured out the audio part I thought my question was about the video. I know fucking stupid. What can I say.

I mean, you're asking for help but providing no details about your setup. It's impossible. Hope you figure it out.

Well my first post has my setup....I got it working...Not how I wanted but at least I have HDR and sound

Back