Auzentech X-Fi Prelude

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been hoping to see a card like this. Just a few more weeks 'til upgrade time. :D

I hope Auzentech will have an external i/o panel to go with Prelude at some point. It adds immense convenience.

They already will be offereing the X-Tension board for use with the Prelude.

http://www.auzentech.com/site/products/x-tension_din.php

Offering a larger module such as the E-Pro external unit of 5 1/4 drive bay units maybe nice also I guess we will see what they offer in the future.. You can also make your own units if you have some electronics knowledge. There is also a do it yourself system out there.

And No, Auzentech ain't worried about Bad Drivers or Bloat.

They should be.

I hope Creative/Auzentech realizes the foolishness of this. Creative's drivers remind me of installing yahoo messenger.

"Make Yahoo!.com my homepage! - Install Yahoo! Shopping Buddy To Help With Products On The Go! - Install Yahoo! Toolbar And Make Yahoo!.com My Homepage!."

What a huge letdown this will be.

@Fire, Yeah I hope they do these one right. Ground up, no cutting corners and no 6 months worth of patching. I know they don't release a product until it's ready. This is why we are still waiting for the X-tension board. They never did give a concrete date on it's release. It's really foolish to try and guess why a company does what they do and it's really just a waste of time. I gave up wondering when I could get the XM....I just waited and when I got it I understood exactly why I was waiting. I think you have a point Fire, I think any company would be worried about their products not functioning properly becasue of outside influence. You build a awsome sounding card but what good is the hardware if your have problems with the drivers? -Trying to guess what the drivers will be like is really just a waste of time also. Let's just hope Auzen's dedication to perfection and their quality control used for building the XM extends to the Prelude aswell. With that in mind, we have nothing to worry about.

They should be.

I hope Creative/Auzentech realizes the foolishness of this. Creative's drivers remind me of installing yahoo messenger.

"Make Yahoo!.com my homepage! - Install Yahoo! Shopping Buddy To Help With Products On The Go! - Install Yahoo! Toolbar And Make Yahoo!.com My Homepage!."

What a huge letdown this will be.

Ever hear of folks complaining if their drivers worked?

Now please look through that thread named "Do your X-Fi Drivers work?" See how many folks who didn't have problems? I do mean with X-Fi and NOT Audigy of any kind or another. I've bought Lemons from 90% of the hardware folks on the market. I still think the Audigy #1 was bad hardware and software.

Well I hope that creative won't be making the drivers for this card. On an upside maybe it will be possible with a few hacks by some creative people (not from the company :D )
they will get any good drivers from this nice card to work on our existing Xfi cards

Well I hope that creative won't be making the drivers for this card. On an upside maybe it will be possible with a few hacks by some creative people (not from the company :D )
they will get any good drivers from this nice card to work on our existing Xfi cards

Then you may as well skip it because Creative will write the drivers=P

How is the Meridian?

I know it's CMedia based, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I'm not sure how up to snuff they are with Vista, though.

I really wish Microsoft wouldn't have screwed up audio under Vista :(

The last CMedia based product I owned was superb. I'm sure others remember the outstanding (for it's time) Turtle Beach Santa Cruz.

That was probably the most trouble-free piece of hardware I've ever owned short of a USB key.

The Meridian is pretty much perfect. I installed those driver in XP Pro and Vista UT. No issues whatsoever. There was talk of a weiid thing about no more upmix when your running 2 channel but I have never seen or heard more about it. I am not explaining it right. Anyway, yeah it's a C-Media chipset but when you hear the card and relaize what Auzen has done with that chipset. Your in awe. I have heard alot of PC soundcards....ALOT and none so far compare with the XM. If there is gonna be this type of sound quality in the Prelude you gamers will be in for a real eye opener.

Donnie do me a favor,

i want the two of us to come to a mutual agreement since "Put him on block and bury your problems" is not my style.

I would highly appreciate it if you did not post any replies with any references whatsoever to anything I post from now on. I have no issue with debate, but whether your doing it intentionally or not about 75% of your responses are based off biased opinions presented as facts and suggestions/comments with a snotty authoritative undertone, and I am not the only one who notices this.

In retrospect, I will not post any replies with anything referring to content of your posts.

Deal?

Donnie do me a favor,

i want the two of us to come to a mutual agreement since "Put him on block and bury your problems" is not my style.

I would highly appreciate it if you did not post any replies with any references whatsoever to anything I post from now on. I have no issue with debate, but whether your doing it intentionally or not about 75% of your responses are based off biased opinions presented as facts and suggestions/comments with a snotty authoritative undertone, and I am not the only one who notices this.

In retrospect, I will not post any replies with anything referring to content of your posts.

Deal?

You are the one who flew off the handle;) I'd much rather talk tech than flames!

You're on a Public forum and if you don't want folks to replying to you. PM Audioguy with stuff like "But man, the Prelude using Creative's drivers thats a serius buzz kill that's like BitDefender using the Norton engine that just killed any plans I had for this card. No thank you, I'll stick to my C-Media."" LOL, Norton's sucks as well If you don't want folks saying that's BS, don't post it on a Public Forum.

Many of us, including the Mod here, the Motherboard Editor and etc.. have working Creative drivers. This is terribly LAME coming from someone who has ZERO to little hands on experience.:rolleyes:

Like the links given;
Best sound card (XMeridian) I've ever heard. No, I've not tested a X-FI of any kind. Yes those are credible reviews LOL!

How is the Meridian?

I know it's CMedia based, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I'm not sure how up to snuff they are with Vista, though.

I really wish Microsoft wouldn't have screwed up audio under Vista :(

The last CMedia based product I owned was superb. I'm sure others remember the outstanding (for it's time) Turtle Beach Santa Cruz.

That was probably the most trouble-free piece of hardware I've ever owned short of a USB key.

I didn't replace my TB Santa Cruz until Audigy 2 launched. Even then I moved it to my HTPC were it did a great job until it died.

At least some folks are starting to rightly IMHO, blame MS for the Audio shenanigans(DRM)!

I'm sorry you feel that way Donnie. I was hoping we could end our "relationship" on mature terms.

Rest assured though, I need not prove my "Hands on experience" to you. I know that I can craft a thing or two, and that's all that counts. I also know that you do not nearly know me well enough to make an accurate statement on the subject, just as I do not know you well enough to leave a retalitory one and sound just as vindictive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back