Auzentech X-Fi Prelude

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALG, did you get the driver link I sent you? Auzen has a suggestion box for alot of features This is where they got there idea for the replacable Opamps etc. If you remember the original X-Purity the specs were very similar BUT did have revisions. I think the Prelude is all but built. Given the release date the design is probably finished.

@Phide, Yeah I guess you have a point. I doubt alot of average users could tell the difference between 16/48 and sample of higher bit depth or frequency rate. Especially when the sample are being changed quickly and the reverb and delays are dynamic. Your mind will only say good or bad but will have trouble tellling by what degree if you understand what I mean. Using such High quality samples may be good for people who appreciate them but this drives cost and development time up aswell.;)

BTW, The X-Tension board should be released soon aswell It is also compatible with the Prelude. IF your interested in getting more Digital I/O and Midi Features added to your Prelude.:cool:

No, I don't think that was the reference. He didn't specifically say your name, nor did he even state that it was one person in particular on this forum or on any other forum. In any case, it's totally irrelevant, so try to get back on to the topic at hand.

I miss my `78 Marantz as well, by the way.

right!

I thought that you are ignoring him... Btw about this card Prelude, I think that it is better if Auzentech did what they did with X-Meridian before, before this the X-Meridian is known X-Purity. There was a sneak peak about the card on Auzentech's website and people can give them feedback about the features, they considered the feedback and later came up with a new design and called it X-Meridian.

Please note, I'd NOT replied to him and I've gotten PMs from others asking why was he still replying to my posts and until then, I'D not. Then directly or thinly hid reply of what I said.

Or as AFB said, I "dissed" him, sheesh! I said Auzentech agreed with me, not them and that's a flame? If Auzentech would have said "we tested EAX and OpenAL and found them not worth our time, these same folks be burning me a live you know it LOL!

Looking around there are some pi$$ed people at the idea that the Prelude will be using Creative drivers. Some of them stated they went to Auzen to get away from the Crap drivers. Needless to say I think this may hurt the product some. Hopefully they will be new drivers built from square 1 to use the new hardware properly not some bloat Rice Krispies drivers for this card..:rolleyes: -Atleast this is what alot of people are hoping and what I keep seeing in the forums. One good thing is if there are bad issues with the drivers we know the Youp Pax boys will stabalize and optimize them same as they currently do with X-fi drivers and Audigy drivers. It is hard to say what quality they will be, I guess we will have to wait and see. One thing though is Creative is alittle more on the ball when it comes to fixing drivers and releasing patches.

The first thought that popped into my head was: Why wait?

Because Uncle Sam is absconding with all my $$ and I would also need to buy the Aperion speaker set to compliment this monster of a receiver.

Also it seems like overkill to get an upscaling 1080p receiver for my current 720P 2nd gen DLP set (which I love BTW).

Right now, I will be focused on the home network, followed by home theatre..

Getting back to audio...Is there any program that can burn DVDA?

We have a new poll:

Support for HDMI 1.3: 64%

Support for USB 2.0: 7%

Support for PCI Express: 28%

Hmm, I wonder which one will win....

Because Uncle Sam is absconding with all my $$ and I would also need to buy the Aperion speaker set to compliment this monster of a receiver.

Also it seems like overkill to get an upscaling 1080p receiver for my current 720P 2nd gen DLP set (which I love BTW).

Right now, I will be focused on the home network, followed by home theatre..

Getting back to audio...Is there any program that can burn DVDA?

If you find that Free DVDA creator app, let me know?

PCI-E 1X would be handy. HDMI is what alot of people want. Consider though, if HDMI is a 24/192 in 8 Channel Discrete Digital transport. Then a 20KX chip is NOT up to the task. The current 20KX is only capable of 24/192 in stereo. Please correct me if I am wrong.

HDMI allows transport of up to 8ch@24/192. That particular format is not mandatory, BD/HDDVD discs are still restricted to 96kHz in multichannel and 6ch@16/48 would still be better than DD/DTS real-time encoding.

The CA20K1 is "up to the task" to handle several 24/192 streams, prehaps not 128 voices with 4 aux effects per voice plus HRTF at the same time, but with major titles shipping with 16/22 samples it's safe to assume that it won't be a major issue.

And before someone starts with the FX engine locked at 48kHz, please read something about quadrature mirror filters.

Sure, what I am saying though it the DSP can only output 24/192 in stereo, currently. If I am wrong please let me know. I will probably end up buying one although I will have to mod the drivers or have some guys do it for me, If it sounds better then the XM. It is really hard to say how the drivers will be on this card BUT alot of people are very worried about the fact that CL is making the drivers. Auzen, will take total advantage of the DSP and create a card that will sound very,very good. I really hope they put Dolby Heapdhone on this card.-probably won't happen. It will be hard to say if this card will offer the current line up of X-fi features and Driver setup/layout or if it will be something totally new.

HDMI allows transport of up to 8ch@24/192. That particular format is not mandatory, BD/HDDVD discs are still restricted to 96kHz in multichannel and 6ch@16/48 would still be better than DD/DTS real-time encoding.

The CA20K1 is "up to the task" to handle several 24/192 streams, prehaps not 128 voices with 4 aux effects per voice plus HRTF at the same time, but with major titles shipping with 16/22 samples it's safe to assume that it won't be a major issue.

And before someone starts with the FX engine locked at 48kHz, please read something about quadrature mirror filters.

I already linked him and others to Creative saying saying the DSP was limited by DACs and ADCs. The DSP can process 24-192 if it had the correct supporting hardware. Its SRC can also out process anything on the market. They can do Real-Time Slowdown and almost not loose any tone. Some argued was we don't believe Creative.

http://techreport.com/reviews/2006q1...y/index.x?pg=5

Creative says the X-Fi audio chip can actually handle 24-bit/192kHz recording, but the Fatal1ty's Wolfson WM8775 analog-to-digital converter (ADC) only supports 24-bit input up to 96kHz. The card's Cirrus Logic CS4382 digital-to-audio converter (DAC) supports 24-bit/192kHz output across the board; however, Creative limits 192kHz to stereo output because commercial multichannel 24-bit/192kHz content simply doesn't exist. Multichannel DVD-Audio only goes up to 96kHz, with 192kHz reserved for stereo recordings, making it hard to fault Creative's compromise.

As I tried to explain to phide and alg7, I never changed anything I said about Auzentech.

http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1030216406&postcount=187

Nice work, maybe it does more work on-board than I thought. NO, I'm not locked into what I'm saying and asked for tests to show otherwise. Thank you very much.

3D game sound is not just about positional Audio, tracking or even Wavetracing. If X-Meridian Supported OpenAL and could output its sweetness to DTS or DDL, I'd give it shot

Again guys please download RM 3DSound 2.3 here?

Donnie27 said:
Post #109
If X-Meridian could gain some of the X-Fi's main feature for Game support, I'd be on it quickly.

@HSE, I guess it will be hard to guess what the card will feature. This card will be nothing like the current X-fi that is for sure. I think the only similarity between the two will be the use of the 20K1 DSP. We know it will have component similar to the XM's if not exactly the same. So the sound quality will be top notch. The supporting electronics will take advantage of any available sound quality the 20K1 can produce. Let's hope the drivers can take advantage of the electronics. Not sure why some people keep pulling me into their posts but I don't remember anybody EVER linking me to any info about:
They can do Real-Time Slowdown and almost not loose any tone.
Man, I needed a good laugh. LOL!!!! THX

To my Buddy Sparks! and ------------ for the Copy!

@HSE, I guess it will be hard to guess what the card will feature. This card will be nothing like the current X-fi that is for sure. I think the only similarity between the two will be the use of the 20K1 DSP. We know it will have component similar to the XM's if not exactly the same. So the sound quality will be top notch. The supporting electronics will take advantage of any available sound quality the 20K1 can produce. Let's hope the drivers can take advantage of the electronics. Not sure why some people keep pulling me into their posts but I don't remember anybody EVER linking me to any info about:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie27

Man, I needed a good laugh. LOL!!!! THX

Proves what you know, very little. That's NOT how any sound card works. X-Meridian gets its performance from its DACs and Opamps and even alg7_Munif will tell you that. Your whole post should make you laugh. The card will feature the X-Fi's DSP because XM has little of what's called a DSP in the first place.

The X-Fi's DSP is not limited 24/192 2ch as your clueless ass posted. I already linked you to the manufacturer's statements as such.

Then if you don't know what a feature is for, it is lame and pretty dumb to laugh. That's what little kids do. You slightly slow down or speed up to match speeds to Blend different sounces similar to DJ Mixing records. Oh, you are old enough to remember what a what a Record is:)? If you're young you should know Slowed down Hip-Hop is all the rage. Or learning some lick/run on a Guitar or Bass if you don't have the sheet music. This is done via the DSP's SRC engine.

Please stick to lame flame bait and put downs because it's clear you don't get it otherwise. Now please do as Magnetic asked you? No matter what other BS you post, I'll NOT respond. I'm surprised no one else has complained to Magnetic about you!

Hey!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, just the lack of any terminolgy is what made me laugh like C'mon:

Does that make sense to you? then you try and defend it by calling me down?
BTW, the terminology would be

Time Shifting with no effect on pitch ;)

but perhaps

Sounds better to you?:rolleyes: Just trying to help.;)

Can we get back to the topic now?
Thx...

I checked their Poll today and it seems it is shifting away from HDMI to PCI-E, I guess people want some use for the PCI-E 1X slots.
I think we will eventually see HDMI but it won't be any time soon and I think it will be a add on for people for really want it.

I don't think either technology will be on the Prelude. Too close to release date. PCI is being Phased out that is just a fact. HDMI is good aswell but if the user doesn't have gear to conenct it to, then it's of little use. I doubt Auzen will be going anywhere some people said they are "one trick ponies" etc. Who would think sound quality would go so far in the soundcard business? They make wicked soundcards and it does help when there is a good chip at the heart of the card. The DAC's and opamps can only work with what is already there. You think that would be a simple idea:rolleyes:

BTW, the terminology would be Time Shifting with no effect on pitch
Actually, the correct term is "time expansion". The inverse of which is called "time compression". Globally, we refer to both processes as "time stretching".

Depends on who you talk to there are quite a few names for it, as you know. REAL-TIME SLOW DOWN is not one of them. LOL!;) Time shifting is more accurate then "Time Stretching" which indicates expansion as you noted. Most of the poeple I know how use the technology will say "Time Shifting"

You're confusing it with pitch shifting, time shifting is a delay.

Time stretching or warping are also terms used widely.

Oh I love it, wrong about 4 different things and then play on one that's kind of shaky. True move of desperation. So this time I'll clear it up.

The correct term is "Time Scaling". That's a real time change to a fraction or an amount of Time. Meaning, it can change the scale of an eighth note and make it an Half note with very little to no change in Tone. I said what I said and the way I said it because I knew he'd have to run off an research it. Something he should have done before his usual act up. I didn't want to make a damned thing easy for him LOL! It can be dynamically adjusted from a range of 50% slower and 50% faster. A generic Demo, use WinAmp. If I just called said, You don't know what Time Scaling is, he looks it up and pretended he knew all along.

If Auzentech uses the X-FI chip, Creative will write drivers just as CMedia writes them for Auzentech right now. Some folks are high/Drunk, Confused and just lost if they think folks who can't write CMedia Drivers are going to write X-Fi Drivers. The feature will be there and no ones knows if Auzentech will use it or not. The point still stands that it is one of the thing provided via SRC. YouP-Pax wrote newer GUI, the drivers w

The difference between "Pitch Shifting and Time Scaling demo.
http://www.musclefish.com/scaler.html

Yet he still doesn't quite know what a Hardware DSP is. Or understands what a powerful SRC engine can do. It takes complex calculations to do Time Scaling in real time or On-The-Fly..

Phide, I personally never thought time stretching was a accurate term. Always makes me think or drawing a sample out. I guess it is better to use it though when talking to certain people to indicate this type of effect and not one that would indicate any type of extra pitch manipulation. It is common it most audio editors these days especially multi tracks. I have used it quite a few times when laying down sample beds for practicing and voice overs. I have a cousin who bugs me for beats all the time he usually has me change the pitch. I just use some samples I have and run the through AA. It used to be that you couldn't do any time stretching or "scaling" without some type of pitch correction. I am thinking this new Prelude will be a HTPC card with gaming features but I hope they include some features for recording. I am hoping the drivers allow for direct parameter manipulation of HWA effects. I use the 10K2 DSP right now for adding realtime effects such as compression and reverb to my channel inserts. Has virtually no overhead when recording becasue the 10KX takes care of it. Good use for a card you can get for cheap. I am excited to see what the 20KX is capable of when used in the same way. Do you use any of these type of effects Phide?

I wonder if it will have an H22.

Hehehe! HONDA?

The big push if for an HDMI connecter either or via a bracket on X-Fi 2 . So one would only assume that feature would show up on this card as well:)

The projected the release date for end of May so they should be releasing specifications soon.

Ehhh I see not much has changed since I was away eh AudioGuy? LOL!

But man, the Prelude using Creative's drivers thats a serius buzz kill that's like BitDefender using the Norton engine that just killed any plans I had for this card. No thank you, I'll stick to my C-Media.

http://www.auzentech.com/site/company/press.php

“By building a soundcard based upon Creative's high-quality X-Fi™ chipset, we are fulfilling one of the most common feature requests from our customers,” said Stephane Bae, President of Auzentech, Inc. "When you're playing games, the Auzen X-Fi Prelude soundcard will output the best 3D audio and latest EAX® effects. And when you're listening to music or watching movies, you'll enjoy an audiophile-quality experience."

Oh baby, can't wait for that bad boy to ship:)

Ehhh I see not much has changed since I was away eh AudioGuy? LOL!

But man, the Prelude using Creative's drivers thats a serius buzz kill that's like BitDefender using the Norton engine that just killed any plans I had for this card. No thank you, I'll stick to my C-Media.

Yes it will be very unfortunate. This card will end up with CL drivers. I hope Auzen understand fully what that means. The only thing I hope is that the drivers are written from the ground up and not just the useless crap they have out now. Can you imagine going from a perfectly working XM to a Auzen card that need's patching and all that other crap? I installed my XM once in XP and once in Vista UT. There is also the BIG assumption it will sound as good or better then the XM. Very big stretch. I hope it does actually it will be the first gaming card that was designed for sound quality. It will only sell to certain gamers anyway. The kids that buy the cheapest possible low-end X-fi to have EAX will not be interested in a $200 masterpiece.

soundcard will output the best 3D audio and latest EAX® effects[/B].

CL CMSS-3D and CL EAX 5.0.

By the way

Will an additional cheap CMI8768+ on the soundcard be obstructed to come favourably to the Dolby Digital live licence?

CL CMSS-3D and CL EAX 5.0.

By the way

Will an additional cheap CMI8768+ on the soundcard be obstructed to come favourably to the Dolby Digital live licence?

I honestly don't know. I'd just like to see a Current XMeridian with an X-FI DSP instead of the 8788=P Auzentech could then use all of the better Support Hardware and IMHO do everything they already doing (DTS and DDL). Better caps that several guys I do believe have tested and shown improves X-FI (with DAC and Opamps), Auzentech already uses better ones. It's XMeridian's DACs and Opamps that's are difference makers. I liked what I heard.

No, I disagree with the guys talking about bad Creative Drivers. The drivers and the Audio control panel works. If you look through the "Do your X-Fi Driver work?" thread, you find it running about 15 to 1. Not that that one isn't important, but to tell the other 15 it doesn't matter or count that their's work is BS IMHO. Then that one should dump the card and get something else.

I was taken aback by the guy trying to infer that I've changed or Jumped ship when I've said I'd jump on a chard like this. Or that folks would get pissed. Note, NONE of them said, Damn Auzentech agrees with you Donnie27 LOL!

Originally Posted by Donnie27
3D game sound is not just about positional Audio, tracking or even Wavetracing. If X-Meridian Supported OpenAL and could output its sweetness to DTS or DDL, I'd give it shot

Post #109 If X-Meridian could gain some of the X-Fi's main feature for Game support, I'd be on it quickly.

Why would the main antagonist act surprised? And No, Auzentech ain't worried about Bad Drivers or Bloat.

@MixBar, I have been trying to figure out how they will be implementing Dolby Digital Live or DTS Connect. Although they didn't say they would be implementing the latter. I don't think it will be a dual chipset card. They could do this task alot of different ways. Current hardware solutions such as the chip you mentioned and current software solutions all work great. It will be interesting to see their solution. I personally hope the go with DTS connect aswell. Both technologies sound great.

@MixBar, I have been trying to figure out how they will be implementing Dolby Digital Live or DTS Connect. .

Dolby Digital Live not DTSi.
"Support for Dolby® Digital Live real time encoding for Vista is scheduled for Q4 of this year"

So many questions.

Why only DDL and not DTSi? (CL has so far no DDL license, but a DTSi Implementation (with a Sharc DSP from AD))

From where does the license come? (From CMedia, from CL or a direct license from Dolby Labs?)

A hardware processing DDL or a software solution? (CMedia is the one an only offerer of a DDL software, realtek used the licenced CMedia software. Perhaps a DDL stand alone controller?)

and why only with a delay to Q4? (CL licenced DDL and brings to the Q4 its own solution?)

Nope. I think auzentech works gladly with CMedia . I think there is a cheaply CMI8768+ or CMI Nitrogen USB Controller on the card too (for use the CMedia Software DDL license) and auzentech needs still a half year around to wirte a little software which intercepts and reroutes the x-Fi (EMU20k1) audio data.

Dolby Digital Live not DTSi.
"Support for Dolby® Digital Live real time encoding for Vista is scheduled for Q4 of this year"

So many questions.

Why only DDL and not DTSi? (CL has so far no DDL license, but a DTSi Implementation (with a Sharc DSP from AD))

From where does the license come? (From CMedia, from CL or a direct license from Dolby Labs?)

A hardware processing DDL or a software solution? (CMedia is the one an only offerer of a DDL software, realtek used the licenced CMedia software. Perhaps a DDL stand alone controller?)

and why only with a delay to Q4? (CL licenced DDL and brings to the Q4 its own solution?)

Nope. I think auzentech works gladly with CMedia . I think there is a cheaply CMI8768+ or CMI Nitrogen USB Controller on the card too (for use the CMedia Software DDL license) and auzentech needs still a half year around to wirte a little software which intercepts and reroutes the x-Fi (EMU20k1) audio data.

Creative Labs does have both DD and DTS licenses. They don't have licenses for DDL and then just the Connect protion of DTS. Meaning no Digital out while the Creative Cards can fully Process DD and DTS for output to their speakers. Also note that a hardware DSP creates a whole new set of problems for the DRM folks. It is much harder to protect the Audio or the Multimedia Path. It's kind of easy to do with a Software DSP. That's why so damned many folks are confused about Kernal and User modes DRM to start with.

All Auzentech has to do is Open something up that is already there, hell Creative can do that already.

@Mixbar. I guess we will just have to wait and see how the implement the solution. I think you will end up with both technologies. Possibly DTSi will come later. This card will be built from the ground up around the X-fi processor. They may need a seperate audio controller for the DD and DTSi -if they decide to add it. Can't wait to see how it turns out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back