Auzentech Prelude ASIO in Foobar2000 (SPDIF). Help Please.

pedophilekiller

Limp Gawd
I'm having a little trouble getting native ASIO out of the Prelude in Foorbar. I can get digital out working perfectly with asio4all driver. However, I can't seem to map my left and right digital channels under "Auzentech ASIO." I think the default is mapped to analog (speaks). I'm using coaxial output to an external DAC so right now I can't get any sound. Anyone care to tell me their settings?

Thanks

If you are running vista, have you tried setting the S/PDIF as the default device?

Yes, but you're actually talking about another step, the Windows audio device. I'm passed that; I'm asking if anyone can get SPDIF from the native Auzentech ASIO in Foobar2000--not using the asio4all driver.

Yes, but you're actually talking about another step, the Windows audio device. I'm passed that; I'm asking if anyone can get SPDIF from the native Auzentech ASIO in Foobar2000--not using the asio4all driver.

Well asio4all just uses Kernel Streaming or WaveRT; it's not really ASIO. And yes, I can get ASIO working fine with my prelude on both analog and digital. I don't get "I can't map the left and right speakers". What exactly doesn't work? Does ASIO work only over analog or neither? You have to be a bit more descriptive.

May not be helpful, but I had to manually add speaker settings

Foobar_ASIO.jpg

as well as use this DSP to get 5.1 with my Xonar.

^ Although we don't use the exact same soundcards, this is the menu I was talking about. The default mapping is Front L/R, meaning it is in 2.0 speaker configuration, more specifically it is in analog. My list also has back, sub, side, etc. However, in order to get digital-out from the coaxial plug, you typically need to map your left and right channels to "Digital-Out L/R" not Front. For the person who said they were able to get digital out, can you take a screen shot of the menu, so I can see how you plotted the outputs?

Edit: I forgot to restate that my problem is the "digital-out" is not iterated in the menu. I only have front, center, side, sub, surround, and things called FX 1, 2 ,3... whatever those are.

Odd. I am running 5.1 in foobar on SPDIF with the menu setup as I posted. Working with both the native driver, as well as ASIO4ALL (though in A4A I had to play a test signal to identify each speaker as they where not labeled correctly. You can run a test signal without a speaker assigned)

Anyway, gl. Hope someone with the same card posts up for ya.

Back