Auzentech Prelude 7.1 New Driver Release 6/12

Zefram0911

[H]ard|Gawd
Their site says a new set of drivers will be released today, soon... in the early morning.

Looking forward to testing it out tonight (if they actually release it on time...)

It's up now.

Driver release Information:
  • Driver name: AZT_XP_VISTA 1.02.5
  • Driver version: X-Fi Prelude - 6.0.1.1281
  • Download Size: 170 mb
  • Release Date: 06/11/2008
  • Updated: 06/11/2008
download

Changes in this Driver

Damn they're back to the old drivers, didn't get a chance to grab the new ones. I wonder if these are based off the 2.18.0000 X-Fi drivers.

Damn, this is the second time they pulled their drivers in two releases.

I'm still using the driver from 2 updates ago, works perfectly :)
But then I dont have a microphone issue and use only analogue out.
This has been the most trouble free soundcard for me, I hope this patch sorts anyone with issues.

I found out the reason they took it down.

The DDL activation requires that you register through the support section but they didn't have any register icon anywhere. I think they figured out that they jacked it up again...

Doesn't say much about professional image when they can't even get things right for driver deployment.

Its good you havent made any mistakes in your job :)

Seems to me they've only had these problems with their X-Fi card, they've been great about everything else.

...and still no sound whatsoever on the rear channels in Vista. Anyone else have that issue?

On the plus side, my microphone works now! Yay!

The bad part about registering is the requirement to add the serial number and get an authorization key for DDL. Seems that Daniel_K of the Creative Labs Forums is the one to blame for this headache.

I keep every box for all hardware just in case something like this happens. I'd hate to yank anything out of my PC in order to find the serial number.

DDL driver is so over-hyped. For me it was nothing but trouble, generating random blips or suddenly hanging up.

Not sure how you can say its overhyped... I've rarely had any issues with it & I like having digital sound over optical.

DDL driver is so over-hyped. For me it was nothing but trouble, generating random blips or suddenly hanging up.

DDL is very useful for some people and that alone can make the card a worthwhile purchase.
Its only overhyped if you dont need it.
If you are having problems with DDL, thats called having problems, not overhyping.

http://www.auzentech.com/site/support/FAQ.php#protected_ddl

Q: Will I need a new Authorization Key with each driver installation?
A: Each authorized user of the soundcard is allocated one key. Each key enables the user to activate the DDL software the first time, and subsequently with each software upgrade on the same PC.The key may only be used for a new installation a limited number of times.

Um, so for people that format their system on a regular bases, after a few times the key will not long work? :confused:

Also, has anyone been able to get their Prelude to accept DD 5.1 or DTS 5.1 from a PS3 or Xbox360? When I try to send both over digital optical, I get no audio at all from my system. My speakers are the Z-5500 and it supports both DD 5.1 and DTS 5.1 over digital optical.

Last, I've been sending this question to Auzentech for awhile now, but never get a reply.
Maybe someone here can answer...

In Audio Creation Mode, when using digital optical, if you enable "Front L/F, Back L/F, Front C/Sub" and set to record multi-channel wav, is it a hardware up-mix of the stereo stream to 5.1? A mimic of Pro Logic II?

If I enable just "Front L/F, Back L/F, Front C/Sub", all the channels are duplicated. Meaning, front left, center, and left surround and front right, LEF, and right surround are exactly the same. Only if I enable "Back C/Top and Side L/R" as well is each stream different. But isn't that then more then 5.1 channels? It still record records 5.1 when using them all, but that is ten channels when only six should be used.

Oh and here are the newest drivers for those that do not wish to register or don't have their product keys. Authorization Key for protected DDL NOT included! ;)
Fuck you Auzentech for your nonexistent technical support!! :D
AZT_XP_VISTA-1_02_5.zip

I'm also still hosting the drivers from last update if anyone needs:
zRC5-1_Patch10.zip

Thanks

http://www.auzentech.com/site/support/FAQ.php#protected_ddl

Um, so for people that format their system on a regular bases, after a few times the key will not long work? :confused:

Also, has anyone been able to get their Prelude to accept DD 5.1 or DTS 5.1 from a PS3 or Xbox360? When I try to send both over digital optical, I get no audio at all from my system. My speakers are the Z-5500 and it supports both DD 5.1 and DTS 5.1 over digital optical.

Last, I've been sending this question to Auzentech for awhile now, but never get a reply.
Maybe someone here can answer...

Oh and here are the newest drivers for those that do not wish to register or don't have their product keys. Authorization Key for protected DDL NOT included! ;)
Fuck you Auzentech for your nonexistent technical support!! :D
AZT_XP_VISTA-1_02_5.zip

I'm also still hosting the drivers from last update if anyone needs:
zRC5-1_Patch10.zip

Thanks

We need more people like you on the interweb. This is what makes internet fun. Back in the days, we could host mp3 files on ddl on any personal websites ...

Uh, wow. That's a pretty asinine move. "Yeah, you guys paid for a card that supports this feature, but it's only going to work so many times."

I continue to be puzzled as to why anyone would want anything involving Creative Labs hardware.

If you game its pretty much the best card in town. Believe me I have looked and the prelude has been the least amount of hassle to use.

Does anyone else find it positively ridiculous that we have to "activate" our hardware that we purchased now?

Software uses the excuse that you're simply renting it from the company, but i dont think they can pull that off with hardware. I bought it, i should be allowed to use it whenever, wherever, and as often as i want.

/rant

I don't care but the key thing, as long as they keep making new drivers and adding new features I have no problem. As long as they don't disband the product like Creative likes to do a lot.

If you game its pretty much the best card in town. Believe me I have looked and the prelude has been the least amount of hassle to use.

Sorry, I can't agree with that. What makes it better than any other sound card for gaming? Hardware acceleration? Other X-Fi cards have that; the Xonar cards can fake it with similar (if not better) CPU use. DDL? Pointless given what was quoted above and only applies to those using a receiver anyways. Analog output quality? I'd say the D2X, or Auzen's own previous high end card, the X-Meridian, is better off for that.

I can't see a single reason to recommend an X-Fi Prelude to anyone at this point. You'd be better off with an Xtreme Music if you really want to stay with Creative hardware for some reason.

Registration is annoying, restriction on how many OS installs it will work is a huge no no and will stop me recommending this card if Auzentech dont get their act together and stop this type of bullshit.

I just sent them this:

I am dismayed to see that you require registration to download drivers.
That can be lived with but you have extended the registration to only work on a limited number of OS installs.

If you do not remove this restriction I will not recommend your products again.
I will have to actively tell customers that they are setting themselves up for the fall if they buy your products.

I make systems and advise on new builds/components that are trouble free (or least trouble) so customers have the least problems in the future.
You have added yourself to the list of troublesome suppliers.
I am dumbfounded at your ridiculous policies.

Sort yourselves out, there is no need for this.

Another issue with this whole registration stupidity is that their web site doesn't allow one to specify multiple serial numbers to get additional DDL keys if you have more than one system with a Prelude in it. Auzentech, do your customers a service and tell everyone that forced this registration issue on your customers to PISS OFF!

Wow, this is insane. I can't believe they are trying to limit the number of activations. The registration for download and even requiring a serial number...I can live with (retarded but if they are trying to limit driver distribution---whatever). If you try to limit how many times I can reinstall my OS or use several virtual machines, I don't think so. This is MY hardware. I bought it and should be able to use it however I like. Unfortunately I've had the card longer than my return window. Luckily I bought it from newegg and they have always been AMAZING with customer service for me. I am going to call them and explain the situation and try to get a refund.

I've loved the card so far. But some things I just CANNOT support...and this action is one of them. I mean...this is not some pirated copy of software that they need to try and curb distribution or something. It's freaking HARDWARE people...!

I think its important we let Auzentech know how we feel. I just sent them the following:

Wow...I come to download the latest drivers and found that I have to activate my sound card for full functionality??? Are you kidding me? And to top it off...the number of times I can activate my hardware is LIMITED???

I am dumbfounded here. I sincerely hope this is a directive from Creative and not indicative of Auzentech, because I will NOT purchase/own any product that trys to limit the number of times I can install a driver for the hardware I just bought.

I really hope Auzentech has some sort of better explanation of what is going on besides what is found on your FAQ. Luckily I bought my Prelude from a company that actually cares about its customers and has amazing customer support. I will be contacting them this week to try and return my Prelude. It's unfortunate as I love everything about the Prelude, but I can not and will not support this type of business practice where honest paying customers are treated in such a manner. I cannot live with the possibility that if I reinstall my OS too many times, my card will no longer work as advertised! I would have NEVER bought this card in the first place if I knew that my usage was time-limited.

To me, the primary target for DDL or DTS Interactive has always been gamers with a home theater system connected to their PC. If you have the standard Logitech setup or any other brand of PC speakers, there's no reason to use it unless you just prefer having one wire instead of three.

I'm just extremely happy that my mic works now.... Finally. I bought this card more than 6 months ago and finally my mic works...

Ok, so dealing with Auzentech to get an X-Fi product is actually worse than dealing directly with Creative. So many people were over the moon at the prospect of being able to get an X-Fi card without having to directly support Creative Labs and their pathetic product support and practices. I owned an X-Meridian previously and it was fantastic. But here I am with a Prelude I've had for months that I haven't used in my HTPC for more than a day because the DDL feature is borked, DTS is never going to get here, and I'm never likely to bother with it again despite any driver improvements because of the ridiculous restrictions they've imposed. Lesson learned; don't deal with Creative or anyone peddling their wares. You'll always get burned.

Luckily Asus are offering the Xonar range of devices, and pretty soon the Radeon HD 4000 series will be here with 8 channel LPCM over HDMI. Auzentech and Creative can go to hell.

I bought this card more than 6 months ago, but i can't get it to work 100%. Sound Loops, BSOD and BF2142 doesnt work with the ultra settings. Now my activation key is disabled.
Auzen sucks. The X-FI Prelude will never work 100% with DDL...creative will prevent it.

I'm just extremely happy that my mic works now.... Finally. I bought this card more than 6 months ago and finally my mic works...

Why would you keep it if a feature you wanted - a basic feature that had no reason to NOT work on ANY sound card - didn't work?

Why would you keep it if a feature you wanted - a basic feature that had no reason to NOT work on ANY sound card - didn't work?

he probably spent the money on it.. found out that it didn't work.. then was hoping for a driver fix.

Back