Auzen Prelude + DDL

notalent420

Limp Gawd
I'm having issues with my Auzen Prelude sound card and getting the Dolby Digital Live function to work.

I have not used this on any other computer. I just installed in a brand new build. I have no idea how I did this, but it worked for like a minute. Then the next time I restarted the computer, it didn't work. What keeps happening is, it says "The Creative Audio Service is not started. Please reinstall." or something like that. It said that right before I somehow got it to enable. Now it always says that and I can't even find the Creative Audio Service.

I'm using Windows 7 x64 with the Vista drivers I downloaded from their website. Would the fact that I'm using Windows 7 be the cause? I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times. I've tried removing the soundcard and reinserting it. Nothing works.

I have tried their instructions with setting the default audio device to Speakers instead of the SPDIF, yet I'm connected via optical SPDIF so that seems weird.

I currently don't have a Vista disk yet, I'm still waiting for it to arrive. I guess I could try install it in my other computer just to see if it's the card or the computer. But I still think it would work since the card is sending audio out to my Tritton AX360 amp box thing.

Thanks in advance

UPDATE: Alright, I decided to plug it into my other computer running Vista 32-bit and it worked flawlessly. So I'm wondering if it's a Vista versus Windows 7 issue, or a 32-bit versus 64-bit issue.

yeah, it may just be the drivers don't properly support w7beta. btw, you installed the newest drivers: X-Fi Prelude Driver v1.1?

Possibly a 64bit issue as I got my Prelude working perfectly in W7 32bit.

I just ran into this problem. Prelude works fine in Vista 64 with DDL & DTS, but in Win 7 64bit, DDL & DTS will not install no matter what I do.

That leads me to the obvious, the drivers aren't supporting it yet.

I just ran into this problem. Prelude works fine in Vista 64 with DDL & DTS, but in Win 7 64bit, DDL & DTS will not install no matter what I do.

This! I tried Win 7, too, and ran into the same difficulties with DDL/DTS. As soon as I went back to Vista x64, my Prelude worked just fine.

That just confirms I'm not the only one :) I'll fire off an email to Azune and find out when Creative is going to get the driver to them that functions in Windows 7.

You have to install DanielK's Windows 7 pack for DDL/DTS to work.

Back