Automobilista 2

Armenius

Extremely [H]
Came across these VR videos of vintage F1 in the Early Access release of Automobilista 2, and holy hell this is the best thing I've ever seen (aside from the lens flare :banghead:). The EA was just released a couple weeks ago. The first game flew under my radar, but this definitely has my attention. The sound, car movement, track representation, all off the charts. I've been aching for a GPL-like sim recreating F1 from the '80s-'90s, but his will do. Channel also shows off racing in other cars and tracks, as well.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1066890/Automobilista_2/

Apparently this uses the Madness engine from Project CARS. This shows what that game could have been had the developers actually put passion into the project.

Apparently this uses the Madness engine from Project CARS. This shows what that game could have been had the developers actually put passion into the project.

I think PCars2 got an unfair rep. Some of the cars handled crappy but many were really fun to drive, and it's the exact same graphics, physics and live track system that you're seeing in AMS2. It had a great selection of cars and tracks and a super fun career mode, including per-series rules that made each one feel totally different. Even had a full rallycross series with joker laps and superb loose surface physics.

Anyway, I'm keeping my eye on AMS2 but the racing series it represents are just not my cup of tea. Hopefully in the future they'll get something like V8 Supercars or something else I actually have some interest in. For the moment Assetto Corsa Competizione is getting most of my attention.

The tracks, the short one or not complicated, are pretty good. Can't wait to see what the game will look like as the development goes.

I think PCars2 got an unfair rep. Some of the cars handled crappy but many were really fun to drive, and it's the exact same graphics, physics and live track system that you're seeing in AMS2. It had a great selection of cars and tracks and a super fun career mode, including per-series rules that made each one feel totally different. Even had a full rallycross series with joker laps and superb loose surface physics.

Anyway, I'm keeping my eye on AMS2 but the racing series it represents are just not my cup of tea. Hopefully in the future they'll get something like V8 Supercars or something else I actually have some interest in. For the moment Assetto Corsa Competizione is getting most of my attention.

This was my understanding too. Project Cars 2 has good visuals and is great in VR supposedly. AMS2 is tweaking the physics and sounds for the cars they are adding but they haven't upgraded the graphics much from what I have gathered.

I also agree that Assetto Corsa Competizione is a great title and should be looked at seriously by racing fans. AMS2 isn't really on my radar, I can't see myself playing it over iRacing or ACC.

Back