Auto cookie delete for Firefox ??

Deadjasper

2[H]4U
Yea, this is Firefox for Linux.

Self-Destructing Cookies worked beautifully. It automatically deleted all cookies except the ones you white listed when a tab was closed and when you closed Firefox. Is there suck a beast for the latest version of FF? All I can find is spyware and grossly over complicated addons that virtually guarantee you'll misconfigure and render them useless. All I'm looking for is an app that will allow me to keep the cookies I want and discard the rest when a tab is closed and when FF is closed.

TIA

I looked at Cookie AutoDelete but wasn't impressed by the reviews. Seems it doesn't clear all cookies and also deletes white listed cookies. Seems that it also requires permission to change privacy settings. Why the hell would it need to do that?

I think that's quite normal under Firefox no matter what the OS. Since Quantum was released Firefox is a lot more secure than Firefox in the past and it's not the first time I've seen Add-ons require specific permission to perform certain actions. Under KDE Neon you can do this via the OS itself:

V8mgcBfh.jpg

Gotta be able to keep certain cookies. Like the ones from [H]ardForum. Also has to delete ALL cookies that I don't specifically want to keep. If it doesn't do these two things then it's useless to me.

Have you tried Cookie Auto Delete? What do you do under Windows as this is an issue that would affect Windows also.

Right now I'm using Firefox 52 ESR and the 2 main addons I need are Self-Destructing Cookies and FastDial. FastDial I can do without but I gotta be able to control my cookies or else I'll go insane. :(

I have it installed on my main rig but I'm upgrading to a newer one and apparently the PPA for 52 ESR is no longer available. I can download it but have no idea how to go about installing it. It will run just fine from the extracted tarball but it's not in the start menu, task bar or desktop. And besides, Youtube doesn't work with it so it's time to move on. :(

I have it installed on my main rig but I'm upgrading to a newer one and apparently the PPA for 52 ESR is no longer available. I can download it but have no idea how to go about installing it. It will run just fine from the extracted tarball but it's not in the start menu, task bar or desktop. And besides, Youtube doesn't work with it so it's time to move on. :(

What? There's a PPA as well as a Snap.

If you're using the PPA or the snap you shouldn't need to use tarballs. I'd try it, but I really have no need to Firefox ESR. The article's only just over 12 months old, it should still work?

In relation to YouTube, that's the problem with Firefox ESR in general, no matter what the platform. Unfortunately, with the advent of Firefox Quantum many Add-ins are no longer supported, if Cookie Auto Delete isn't suitable than the best I can advise is to run KDE and take control at OS level?

That's because ESR is technically no different to Ubuntu LTS releases and that's the latest 'frozen in time' release. You can use the tarball, you just need to create a launcher for it and assign an icon.

Got a link to a tutorial on how to create a launcher ?

TIA

Aw, no problem mate. I hope you were able to work out a solution for yourself.

Merry Christmas!

And the same to you my friend.

Ah, sweet success. I was able to resolve all my issues after fighting them all day. Main problem was with version compatibility. Had to find the right versions but once I did all went well. Creating a launcher turned out to be super easy. With Firefox ESR up and running next transferred my email over that was considerably easier than get Firefox sorted out. I still have a ways to go but the rest will be easy.

My old system, based on an Intel MB, is starting to give me problems. Half the time it hangs at the Intel splash screen and I have to shut it back down and star over. It's old and showing it's age.

The new system is a bit different from anything I've built before. I started with a Fractal Design R4 case just because I happened to have it. The MB is a Supermicro X10SRL-F. I went cheap on the CPU, ordered an E5 2620v3 from eBay for $18 and 32GB of DDR4 ECC Ram (2 x 16gb) for $68. I reused a Quadro 2000 I had lying around. Sine the only gaming I do is an occasional FreeDoom session, it will be just fine. I ordered a USB sound card to finish things off. I still have a ton of room for upgrading but the system runs just fine as is.

So out of pocket cost to me is as follows -

X10SRL-f MB $140.00 (Smoking hot deal that kicked the whole thing off).
Intel E5 2620v3 $18.00 ( 6 core, 12 thread, 2.4ghz, turbo 3.2ghz. A surprising amount of power for 18 bucks)
32gb Ram $68.00 (2 x 16gb, SK Hynix DDR4 PC4 2133)

Total out of pocket $226.00

And the same to you my friend.

Ah, sweet success. I was able to resolve all my issues after fighting them all day. Main problem was with version compatibility. Had to find the right versions but once I did all went well. Creating a launcher turned out to be super easy. With Firefox ESR up and running next transferred my email over that was considerably easier than get Firefox sorted out. I still have a ways to go but the rest will be easy.

My old system, based on an Intel MB, is starting to give me problems. Half the time it hangs at the Intel splash screen and I have to shut it back down and star over. It's old and showing it's age.

The new system is a bit different from anything I've built before. I started with a Fractal Design R4 case just because I happened to have it. The MB is a Supermicro X10SRL-F. I went cheap on the CPU, ordered an E5 2620v3 from eBay for $18 and 32GB of DDR4 ECC Ram (2 x 16gb) for $68. I reused a Quadro 2000 I had lying around. Sine the only gaming I do is an occasional FreeDoom session, it will be just fine. I ordered a USB sound card to finish things off. I still have a ton of room for upgrading but the system runs just fine as is.

So out of pocket cost to me is as follows -

X10SRL-f MB $140.00 (Smoking hot deal that kicked the whole thing off).
Intel E5 2620v3 $18.00 ( 6 core, 12 thread, 2.4ghz, turbo 3.2ghz. A surprising amount of power for 18 bucks)
32gb Ram $68.00 (2 x 16gb, SK Hynix DDR4 PC4 2133)

Total out of pocket $226.00

Awesome!

I'm still running dual X5675's with 48GB of ram, a 980Ti and an NVME SSD via a m.2 to pcie adapter as my boot drive with a couple of 1TB spinners connected to a RAID controller flashed into IT mode for SATA3.

Works great, I've got absolutely no need to replace it as it does everything I need it to do at blazing speeds.

Fantastic. My storage server is running a couple of X5675's with 48gb. Gross overkill for what it does but it's been doing it's job for years without the first hiccup outside of one failed drive. These days I only crank it up when needed because it sucks up the juice and acts like it's a space heater. I doubt I'll ever have to touch it as far as upgrades go. Also, it's running on a Supermicro X8DTH-6F which is the king of the X8 boards as far as I can tell.

One more also, it's in a Supermicro SC846 chassis.

Fantastic. My storage server is running a couple of X5675's with 48gb. Gross overkill for what it does but it's been doing it's job for years without the first hiccup outside of one failed drive. These days I only crank it up when needed because it sucks up the juice and acts like it's a space heater. I doubt I'll ever have to touch it as far as upgrades go. Also, it's running on a Supermicro X8DTH-6F which is the king of the X8 boards as far as I can tell.

One more also, it's in a Supermicro SC846 chassis.

I'm running an i7 2700 Sandy Bridge in my server, chugs away day after day no problem. My main X5675 rig I never turn off, I'm the king of power consumption!

Back