Authorized Philips CRT repair shops?

AreEss

2[H]4U
I have a Philips Pro CRT that I need repaired. Unfortunately it's out of warranty. Small problem on the display control board (I am absolutely positive of this) and I just don't have the resources or time to fix it myself. Plus I figure I should probably throw in fresh capacitors and have the flyback checked based on age.
Monitor is so absolutely not replacable. Persons telling me to "just go buy a new one" will have a Sony GDM-W900 dropped on them. This is a PROFESSIONAL CRT and I use +SRGB.

So, does anyone know of any Authorized Philips repair shops or very good repair shops that can deal with pro CRTs? I don't care too much about costs if they can get the parts and do the job right the first time.

Thanks!

The philips website has links to their support center.

Since you're positive of your diagnosis, then you should be able to order the replacement there.

Yeah, it's hard not to be positive of a control board fault. Trapezoidal is jumping pretty regularly. I've babied this monitor it's whole life, but hey, it's going on 6 years and from the era of bad caps.
I figure I'll get the control board fixed or replaced and have the rest checked out, so long as they don't even think of rejuving the tube. I worked with enough garbage from Sony that came with Suns and SGIs to know when a tube needs rejuve. Rejuve would just wreck color correctness. :mad:

The hard part is that this model is pretty much the rarest of all the monitors they've ever built, so I'm not even sure if I can get replacement parts. Apparently they pretty much immediately made major changes to the control board after release because this sucker cost way too much to produce. (Not surprising; syncs on pos, neg, composite, green, input at 0.7 or 1.0, both input active capable, 5500/6000/9200K preset plus 3 user profile, full size switch on vert and horiz size and pos, 5 way geometry, vertical and horizontal linearity adjustment..
I think it's pretty obvious why this one's absolutely getting fixed. There isn't a single monitor out there to this day that compares. (Believe me, I've looked.)

Buggers are, unfortunately, closed. So now I have to call tomorrow and hope I can get a live human being through their voice recognition system. Why can't they just make me press frigging buttons? That system actually WORKS.

Back