Authorities Closing In On JPMorgan Chase Hackers

HardOCP News

[H] News
Here's a great idea, let's let the hackers know were closing in on them and then tell them which countries don't have extradition treaties with the United States. :rolleyes:

Federal authorities investigating the attack at JPMorgan are increasingly confident that a criminal case will be filed against the hackers in the coming months, said people briefed on the investigation. Law enforcement officials believe that several of the suspects are “gettable,” meaning that they live in a country with which the United States has an extradition treaty. That would not include countries like Russia.

Damn, and here I thought the headline was saying "Authorities Closing in on JPMorgan Chase [eom]". Who cares about the hackers. The real criminals are the bozos running that company!!

Matthew Goldstein and Nicole Perlroth, authors of the article, not the sharpest tools in the drawer.

How are those authorities working on the hackers that got information from Home Depot and other much MUCH larger populations of people? Oh what's that? This robo-letter saying they can check their credit score for a full year is good enough. Gotcha.

How are those authorities working on the hackers that got information from Home Depot and other much MUCH larger populations of people? Oh what's that? This robo-letter saying they can check their credit score for a full year is good enough. Gotcha.

Agreed... Oh some hackers stole large amounts of social security numbers and names.. Better wait 3 months then tell everyone affected to check their credit scores..

Federal authorities investigating the attack at JPMorgan are increasingly confident that a criminal case will be filed against the hackers in the coming months, said people briefed on the investigation. Law enforcement officials believe that several of the suspects are “gettable,” meaning that they live in a country with which the United States has an extradition treaty. That would not include countries like Russia.

For whatever reason, it seems like they may have been attempting to appease some investors or the like by saying "it wasn't Russia".

Either that, or I have it completely backwards, and they are saying "some of them were Russian". Ambiguity is fun.

I bet you can't get guess my favorite foods. Some of them don't include peanut butter.

Back