Authentic VINTAGE 1990 AdLib Sound Card

erek

[H]F Junkie
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3745236376...RRx6tw9cx5Ul3GS8EfkTNaWg==|tkp:Bk9SR46ap-_OYQ

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
To think how many of us threw obsolete hardware at the time, only to now have it be highly sought out "vintage" piece.
This is 100% true I wish I still had that Tandy 1000 that I was given for my 12th birthday in 1996!
It was the better version also as it had the 2 black 5.25" floppy drives!

To think how many of us threw obsolete hardware at the time, only to now have it be highly sought out "vintage" piece.
No kidding.

I threw out of voodoo2's when I got a voodoo3.

A few years ago I was at a local thrift store and there was a v2 there in immaculate shape for $2. I bought it, thinking I would just wait for another one to get cheap and then buy a cable... If they ever got cheap as well.

Those two things never happened so I sold the one I had on eBay for $240. Clown world.

Man those 5.25” floppies being back memories. I got into PCs around the time they were being phased out for 3.5” disks. My first computer (Dell) had both. My 2nd computer (Compaq) just had the 3.5”

Those two things never happened so I sold the one I had on eBay for $240. Clown world.

Over the years I've come to realize that the drive for financial independence comes not really from the desire not to work, but from the desire to return to youth. Work is just something that happens to not only get in the way of that, but it something that is only part of the real clown world. I very much prefer my rose tinted glasses of my youth (the 90s) and so my office is decorated with some 90s "gear including:

1. A mint sealed V3 2000 AGP (purple box) - the first GPU I wanted so badly but could never have.
2. Some near mint PC big boxes of games I loved in the late 90s like RollerCoaster Tycoon Loopy Landscapes (best looking box of the series I put hundreds if not thousands of hours into, imo).
3. A mint authenticated Royal Blue Peanut Beanie Baby - again something I wanted so badly during the 90s Mania, but could never have.
4. A few near mint authenticated 1st Ed edition Pokémon cards from my collection that sat in my parents attic for 2 decades.

My nostalgia bug probably ranges from 1995-2001, or the ages of 8-14. It feels good to have it all surround me, and it also never seems to get old. It also makes working in the modern clown world that much more bearable, because I've got this constant reminder/preview of what I'm working towards.

Interestingly, beyond those there's a period of nostalgia that's less involved with the physical world, and much more associated with early MMORPGs. Those brought the excitement and exploration of childhood, but they're not exactly something I can have on physical display nor am I sure I really want those on physical display...

Last edited:
Reactions: Meeho
like this
You have no idea.... :cry: I still have a lot of the old stuff I bought, but my old man had a TON of old stuff before I got into PC's in the mid-90's. He kept all the old CPUs and memory for some reason, but threw out all the old motherboards, sound cards and video cards. Found that out about 2 years ago and instantly felt sad inside because I would have easily taken them off his hands right now to build more retro PCs with!

Reactions: Meeho
like this
Back