Ausus P5Q Deulxe - 4x agp slot limitations?

Hoof

Limp Gawd
Forgive my newbiness I've never had a motherboard with three video card slots.

I plan on buying the p5q deluxe along with 2 4870's in crossfire for my 3007wfp-hc and 1 2007wfp. I plan to use the third agp slot (4x) with probably a 4850 for my second 2007wfp and to connect to my 55" HDTV for HD movie streaming.

Will I be able to get full 1080p resolution from this 4x slot with no problems? Also will I be able to run two cards in crossfire while having a third just run separately?

First off, I think you mean PCI-E.

Second, the 4x slot should be fine for outputting 1080p.

I'm not so sure about the Crossfire question.

First off, I think you mean PCI-E.

Second, the 4x slot should be fine for outputting 1080p.

I'm not so sure about the Crossfire question.

Yea thanks for the correction, I meant PCI-E. Thanks for confirming the 1080p issue.

I would like to know if crossfire would work with 2 4870's, in addition with a third card. If not I might just get a 4870x2 and then 2 4850 and have each card running separately.

Usually, PCI-E 8x doesn't limit cards too badly and most "losses" show up in synthetic benchmarks. However, I think 4x starts to choke modern cards (for multi-GPU or using the card in 4x to game). Remember, PCI-E 4x is 1GB of bandwidth.

Usually, PCI-E 8x doesn't limit cards too badly and most "losses" show up in synthetic benchmarks. However, I think 4x starts to choke modern cards (for multi-GPU or using the card in 4x to game). Remember, PCI-E 4x is 1GB of bandwidth.

Right but I would only be using the card in the 4x slot for outputting movies to my HDTV and second 2007wfp.

I'm hoping 2 4870's in crossfire will take care of the gaming portion.

If you're planning on purchasing both 4870's at the same time, then why not just get the 4870x2? It will allow for a much better upgrade path down the road. You also would free up a 8X PCI-E slot, so you can just drop you're 4850 in there for the time being.

Back