Australian Fireworks Barge Explodes on New Years Eve

AlphaAtlas

[H]ard|Gawd
Staff member
Happy New Years! If you live in Australia, you probably celebrated 2019 before just about anyone else in the world, but The Guardian reports that one of those celebrations went spectacularly wrong. A barge carrying fireworks reportedly exploded off the coast of Terrigal Beach in New South Wales.

Start nursing your hangover by checking out the explosion in the video here.

Two men were injured and thousands were forced to evacuate after a barge carrying New Year's Eve fireworks caught fire and exploded, local media reported. Footage shared on social media showed the fireworks at Terrigal Beach in New South Wales going out of control after a big bang, scaring onlookers nearby. The two injured were transferred to a nearby hospital for treatment, according to local media.

Hope those two recover without any lasting damage. The article was rather light on information to say the least.

Pretty neat explosion though.

One good thing, it is summer there so diving into the water to escape isn't quite as bad as say NYC.

Its Australia, dudes were probably diving off the thing while it was blowing up chugging beers..........Aussies set the bar.

If I remember that glitch happened because someone hit or had the all switch turned on (it's on the panel usually or in the software)

so when it was set to do sequential firing it sets off the charges for every single firework at the same time (at least for that barge any way) I believe I've seen to other videos where that has happened makes pretty big bang

41 seconds in "is that supposed to happen?" Yeah ya dozy cow, the platform carrying the fireworks is meant to explode.

Here is another fireworks glitch from a while back. All the firework went off together

Is that from the fireworks show (I think it was for American independence day?) where someone screwed up with the timer and the fireworks that were meant to last 10 minutes got all shot in 10 seconds? Or something like that.

That yank glitch happened because it was on test fire mode IIRC. You run that to check connections and it 'fires' all the firework triggers in a few seconds.

Reactions: MaZa
like this
Meh, that was fairly mild explosion.
d5359895f46c7431ddc1631716f630d785a5d0fd207887fca8b078a75bbfc269.jpg

That yank glitch happened because it was on test fire mode IIRC. You run that to check connections and it 'fires' all the firework triggers in a few seconds.

wouldn't be surprised if this was the same exact thing that happened in australia.

You can hear one female "is that suppose to happen!? o_O" hmm no lady getting a firework in your eye socket is part of the expectable lol :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Well, better a barge than your hand. :)
This little piggy went to market,
This little piggy stayed home,
This little piggy had roast beef,
This little piggy had none,
And this little piggy went all over the fucking place place!

Last edited:
Back