Austin Intel LANFest 2011, Sept 2nd - 5th!

Germanicus

n00b
I'm more of an AMD guy, but I'm not one to turn away a great weekend of gaming as well as some phat lootz! I've been to two of these now and they are a blast.

If you have any problems with registration, please PM me. A few people have apparently never received emails confirming registration, but that didn't stop them from logging in and reserving a seat. Give me a shout if you are attending.

Intel LANFest returns to Austin for the benefit of the local Capital Area United Way. Like other Lanfest events; 100%* of the ticket proceeds will be donated to the United Way.

This event is open to the general public. Please help spread the word so we can show how much of a positive impact Gamers can have to the local communities. Kids are welcome but are the responsibility of the parent or guardian. 16-18 year olds are allowed w/o parent with a signed waiver. Under 16 must have a legal guardian present at all times.

The LAN will be held at the Austin Intel Campus on Friday, Sept 2nd 8pm through the Monday, Sept 5th noon. The event will run nonstop from 8pm to noon on Monday. There are 70 seats to fill.
You can register for the Bring Your Own Computer or Console (BYOC) at http://lanfest.intel.com/?page=event&eventid=1747

Games and Tournaments are still being discussed with possible events to include World of Warcraft, Lead and Gold, Team Fortress 2, and Left4Dead 2.
Have a favorite game you'd like to play? Talk about it on the forums and/or volunteer to run a tournament.

When:
Sept 2nd 8pm (Friday) to Sept 5th noon (Monday)

Where:
Intel Corp
1501 S Mopac Expressway
Suite 150
Austin, TX 78746

If any of you are on the fence about attending:

Virtually everyone goes home with some decent schwag. I've won two nice PC chassis at previous LANFests, and if we are at capacity (70 seats) we get the bonus of free BBQ from Rudy's. :)

The website isn't working for me, but I'm interested. It's been a long time since I've been to a LAN, but that sounds like a blast.

Yep- it is back up. :)

I'm not an official organizer- just trying to spread the word, since the more, the merrier. Free Rudy's BBQ wouldn't be bad either. ;)

That said, I can get in touch with the organizer if you have questions. Or, you can reach him through the Facebook event page: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=166039473468697

Also, if you are looking to put flyers up for the event at your office or elsewhere, they can be downloaded from the FB event page.

Looks like it's back up now.

Thinking about going. Are you an organizer?

Back