Auria EQ276W review ($399 27" 2560x1440 IPS)

Interesting.... I read some of the MC reviews and found this.

Is this true? So if I were to use a displayport cable (displayport on both ends) from my Auria to my 7970 it would bypass the scalar and thus I'd have similar input lag to that of my Catleap that doesn't have a scalar?

As I mentioned again and again, over and over before on this forum, this is my second Auria monitor, I had both glossy and now a new matte model. I game a lot and don't notice any input lag using DisplayPort. I have 7950 and it rocks and drives my Auria perfectly

Doesn't matter how many times you post a answer. The answer they want is someone using a program to test the lag on it. As some people can tell lag in a monitor and some can't. It would be nice for you to supply a test with data. That way it would solve your posting over and over issue.

As I mentioned again and again, over and over before on this forum, this is my second Auria monitor, I had both glossy and now a new matte model. I game a lot and don't notice any input lag using DisplayPort. I have 7950 and it rocks and drives my Auria perfectly

Doesn't matter how many times you post a answer. The answer they want is someone using a program to test the lag on it. As some people can tell lag in a monitor and some can't. It would be nice for you to supply a test with data. That way it would solve your posting over and over issue.

Actually, I don't think that some people even bother to look few post above to find an answer posted:) that's why the thread is keep growing because of the same questions over and over again:) do the homework, this thread is only 25 pages, not too bad:) I don't have hardware to measure lag, so I can't help and provide the exact numbers.

Last edited:
The answer they want is someone using a program to test the lag on it.
In my OP for the thread, I posted a comparison between the Auria and the HP ZR2740w. There is a pic I took while running a stop watch test. It shows no difference between the two. That doesn't show "absolute" lag, but if the HP is regarded to have low lag due to no internal scaler, wouldn't that pretty much show the Auria is identical? (at least running at native resolution.)

Not me you have to worry about. It just seems you was getting annoyed by saying it over and over again.

My old cheap $1.99 hdmi cable runs fine @ 2560 x1440.

Actually, I don't think that some people even bother to look few post above to find an answer posted:) that's why the thread is keep growing because of the same questions over and over again:) do the homework, this thread is only 25 pages, not too bad:) I don't have hardware to measure lag, so I can't help and provide the exact numbers.

Again this isn't for me. I'm not asking for the test. After all I'm the one that helped them fix the firmware issue with the Nvidia gpus on this monitor.

I'm sorry to annoy you. I have searched info for days on the Auria and input lag. I have read all the pages on this thread but I have not found a solid answer to the input lag question I have. Not even looking for tests, just maybe someone that's tried both inputs and sees or doesn't see a difference in the lag. My cable is on the way so I will test it soon.

I appreciate your answer, but I cannot go by what you say completely because you may be someone that doesn't notice the input lag or isn't bothered by it. I need to decide carefully before I sell my Catleap. Don't want to make the wrong decision :)

Not me you have to worry about. It just seems you was getting annoyed by saying it over and over again.

My old cheap $1.99 hdmi cable runs fine @ 2560 x1440.

Again this isn't for me. I'm not asking for the test. After all I'm the one that helped them fix the firmware issue with the Nvidia gpus on this monitor.

I thought that HDMI's max resolution is 1080, can someone confirm that you can get 2560x1440 resolution out of HDMI cable?

That is my picture, that is pretty much confirmed. I just wanted to pass it along. But yes it works fine at that resolution. As far as what version the hdmi cable is, I have no clue. It was just a cheap hdmi cable for $1.99.

I thought that HDMI's max resolution is 1080, can someone confirm that you can get 2560x1440 resolution out of HDMI cable?

That is my picture, that is pretty much confirmed. I just wanted to pass it along. But yes it works fine at that resolution. As far as what version the hdmi cable is, I have no clue. It was just a cheap hdmi cable for $1.99.

Only HDMI v 1.4 Supports 1080p. Your cheap HDMI won't probably work:) make sure it's HDMI 1.4 and that your GPU actually has it as well::)

I'm guessing you quoted the wrong person? As my hdmi works fine past 1080. As my screen shot shows it working fine @ 2560 x 1440. Seems to be a large amount of confusion in here.

Only HDMI v 1.4 Supports 1080p. Your cheap HDMI won't probably work:) make sure it's HDMI 1.4 and that your GPU actually has it as well::)

I'm sorry to annoy you. I have searched info for days on the Auria and input lag. I have read all the pages on this thread but I have not found a solid answer to the input lag question I have. Not even looking for tests, just maybe someone that's tried both inputs and sees or doesn't see a difference in the lag. My cable is on the way so I will test it soon.

I appreciate your answer, but I cannot go by what you say completely because you may be someone that doesn't notice the input lag or isn't bothered by it. I need to decide carefully before I sell my Catleap. Don't want to make the wrong decision :)

I had my Auria running side by side with my old 3ms 27" I-INC so-called "gaming" monitor and didn't notice any lag and I game a lot so I would know for sure:) please see my original review post #309 on the page 16.

P.S.: If you think that I'm blind and can't see very well, you can always buy Auria and test it at home and bring it back if you don't like it for some reason; no questions asked and super great customer service at Microcenter for returns:)

I'm guessing you quoted the wrong person? As my hdmi works fine past 1080. As my screen shot shows it working fine @ 2560 x 1440. Seems to be a large amount of confusion in here.

Sorry for quoting a wrong person buddy, this is really weird but my 7950 didn't work past 1080p with older HDMI cable:):)

No worries at all. Well you know how that cheap stuff is. You never really know what you are getting or got. Except CHINA.

i think i'm about to pull the trigger on one of these today. my microcenter (NY-Yonkers) has had these in stock for a while, hopefully they'll have a glossy one laying around (they've been in stock at the store since they came out). wishful thinking but i think i'd be OK with the AG. they had the u2711 on display yesterday (forgot to look for the auria, i was hellbent on checking out the asus pb278q) and the AG didn't bother me so much.

I walked around my Microcenter last night hoping to find the stack of boxes, but didn't find them. I want to buy one, but I'm still apprehensive about spending the cash on it.

I walked around my Microcenter last night hoping to find the stack of boxes, but didn't find them. I want to buy one, but I'm still apprehensive about spending the cash on it.

This monitor is very fairly priced and seems much more reliable than Catleap and Croosover which are $400 also and come with a huge risk. I've been looking at Croasover 27Q led-p, but it has pretty high failure rate and tons of problems and burned out pcb's. Trust me, Auria is a good choice:)

This monitor is very fairly priced and seems much more reliable than Catleap and Croosover which are $400 also and come with a huge risk. I've been looking at Croasover 27Q led-p, but it has pretty high failure rate and tons of problems and burned out pcb's. Trust me, Auria is a good choice:)

Especially since you can throw on a 3 year replacement warranty for $90. If anything happens with it, they replace it or give you a gift card with the amount on it.

I'm really liking this monitor. I had the AOC 27 IPS display and this has a little bit harsher antiglare than I would like, but I'll get used to it. I wish it was the glossy one, but I can't complain for the price.

I Finally got my Dell stand from ebay link posted here and WOW.. what a difference. the monitor fit GREAT with the included VESA mounts and it eliminated the nasty wobble that the stock stand has. There is still a slight wobble but its very unnoticeable. I'm very happy with the dell stand. It has a great place to store my laptop as well!

got home and hooked it up, hdmi.

i honestly have no idea why it took me so long to finally get one of these. can't wait to have it calibrated and good to go. 2560x1440 is simply glorious.

Is this the glossy version or the matte version? I know that the glossy version has been confirmed to work at native resolution with hdmi (at least on some video cards). Do we have any information about the AGC one?

Is this the glossy version or the matte version? I know that the glossy version has been confirmed to work at native resolution with hdmi (at least on some video cards). Do we have any information about the AGC one?

My AG Auria worked with hdmi 1.4 just fine, but I would never use hdmi with it, it has slower bandwidth and might cause more input lag. I use displayport:)

Guys quick question. If I were to purchase 2 additional auria monitors. But the NON IPS panel ones. the 180P ones... Could I run all 3 monitors at the same time with the center monitor being the super high resolution and the other 2 monitors just being 1080p?

Guys quick question. If I were to purchase 2 additional auria monitors. But the NON IPS panel ones. the 180P ones... Could I run all 3 monitors at the same time with the center monitor being the super high resolution and the other 2 monitors just being 1080p?

You sure can, it's not going to be a true Eyefinity setup and will look quiet weird with one monitor running 1440p and the other two 1080p:)

Has anyone had issue with the audio out? I hooked up my PS3 to the monitor via HDMI, and then connected my computer speakers to the audio out, but its still coming from the monitor speakers. Is there a way to change this in an option or something, or is mine defective?

Has anyone had issue with the audio out? I hooked up my PS3 to the monitor via HDMI, and then connected my computer speakers to the audio out, but its still coming from the monitor speakers. Is there a way to change this in an option or something, or is mine defective?

Not sure since I have my audio come out separate from the monitor but I did see a "audio select" option on the menu with "analog" being default. This does sound more like an input option rather than an output.

I was able to find a Glossy one today at Westmont Microcenter, but it keeps losing picture after about 10 minutes, and needs to be power cycled to come back. Probably going to bring it back and see what they can do, but all the others ones there were AG :\

I was able to find a Glossy one today at Westmont Microcenter, but it keeps losing picture after about 10 minutes, and needs to be power cycled to come back. Probably going to bring it back and see what they can do, but all the others ones there were AG :\

Check your cable connection, I guess new firmware can fix this issue, someone on this forum had the issue. Try to use DP cable, it usually works better than dvi and hdmi
:cool:

So apparently two things have changed about this monitor since its emergence on the market

1) It's matte now, no longer glossy

2) It's CCFL, not LED

Point 1 doesn't bother me at all, but CCFL is a significant step backwards, given it's old technology. Putting the reason aside, doesn't CCFL not last as long as LED? Are there noticeable differences in picture quality/anything else I need to know about the difference?

CCFL is not a step backwards just because its old technology. Typically on higher end monitors CCFL is used over LED for a wider color gamut unless you get into very expensive RGB LED monitors. Also CCFL is usually an upgrade at places like dell for bright light environments such as outdoor monitors.

Supposably LED is suppose to last longer but really now days how many people have had to replace a monitor because the CCFL wore out? Doesn't happen often, more often their is just some electronic failure that causes the whole system to go down and that can happen with either LED or CCFL.

Its the same problem with CCFL vs incadecent lights, sure the CCFL would last longer if they didn't get busted or burn up in some weird way.

To me 1 is the bigger deal but it comes down to personal preference. I don't think its a fair or legitimate business tactic to switch a major component in a monitor without also changing the model number and selling it as a different display. And I think the coating is one of the biggest most noticeable changes in image on any display. What would happen if I expected these to be glossy and was not a person who pays close attention to this thread? I might tell a friend to buy one and then be baffled for a while as to why he was describing different things or it wasn't working out as well for him. Same with the panel lottery we dealt with with ACDs and Dell Ultra sharps some years ago. Its utter BS for companies to switch core components and not make it clearly known by changing the model or very clearly stating it on the front of the box. Imagine if you bought a car and expected a v6 and they were just like well we put a 4 banger in there because we cant get enough of those engines.

EDIT: I should also mention besides electronic failure, like PSU burning up (which actually is easily replaceable on this monitor unlike most US based companies) I think the most common problem people complain of is dead pixels or lines that form from abuse or age, and that happens in the LCD matrix which is the same with either back light.

Last edited:
CCFL is not a step backwards just because its old technology. Typically on higher end monitors CCFL is used over LED for a wider color gamut unless you get into very expensive RGB LED monitors. Also CCFL is usually an upgrade at places like dell for bright light environments such as outdoor monitors.

Supposably LED is suppose to last longer but really now days how many people have had to replace a monitor because the CCFL wore out? Doesn't happen often, more often their is just some electronic failure that causes the whole system to go down and that can happen with either LED or CCFL.

Its the same problem with CCFL vs incadecent lights, sure the CCFL would last longer if they didn't get busted or burn up in some weird way.

A good point; nobody I've heard of has complained about a worn out CCFL monitor.

It seems I was ill-informed if what you say is true. I suppose it does come down to preference but for what I'm paying for the monitor, I'm hardly in a position to complain. Thanks.

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a stand for my glossy Auria. I know a few people recommend this one because it's high quality and sturdy. But still according to Dell's specifications it supports monitors up to 24 inches, so I don't know how adjustable this stand will be with a 27" monitor on it. Also, I think the laptop docking station looks rather weird by itself. I'd rather go with another stand but I don't know what would be a better match.

There's this one that was brought up in the thread before, but I don't know how sturdy it is. The base looks so small I don't know how wobbly this thing will be.

I also searched for monitor stands from the 27" Dell Ultrasharps but I couldn't find anyone selling just the stand. (I also don't even know if they'll work with this monitor). The only thing I could find is this one but again I don't know how sturdy it is or if it even works with an Auria.

Any ideas guys? Thanks!

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Are there noticeable differences in picture quality/anything else I need to know about the difference?
Replied in your other thread, but yes, it now also has wide gamut color. Which is generally a pain unless you can make use of it with photoshop. (And even -with- photoshop it is unnecessary 98% of the time.) There should be some posts about it in this thread, or just search "gamut" in this forum.

Anyone using any Monoprice mounts with any success?

I recently purchased one of these monitors, as well as the stand, and can confirm that the monoprice stand does work fine with this monitor.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?p_id=5970

Here is a picture of it.. with monoprice's 24AWG dual link DVI cable.. the damn thing is a pipe!

ampGQXu.jpg

This was an open box at Microcenter for $339. Big gouge out of the power supply, but otherwise, a perfect panel. The screen is non glossy, even though the display one in the store WAS glossy.

That's the stand I use for my Catleap! It's great, but sometimes I wonder if my monitor is too heavy for it. Don't get me wrong, it won't fall off, but I can't get it to stay after I adjust it, the monitor always tilts down.

That's the stand I use for my Catleap! It's great, but sometimes I wonder if my monitor is too heavy for it. Don't get me wrong, it won't fall off, but I can't get it to stay after I adjust it, the monitor always tilts down.

Tighten the three screws around the ball until it stops being droopy. I had to tighten them quite a bit to keep my monitor upright. The whole thing was pretty sloppy. Now it just wiggles clockwise and counter clockwise easily, but only about an inch. I think the mount itself is just a bit loose. I am too lazy to take it back apart :D

Very low contrast , high input latency .. guess my interest in this one is gone now. I'm way to picky now about contrast and input latency.

Hit the nail on the head. I couldn't stand the lag when gaming, it was too uncomfortable for me. As for the contrast ratio, I didn't notice. I might of had a really awesome Auria though, as it differs per monitor. Great monitor, but in the end it just wasn't what I was looking for.

Back