Auria EQ276W review ($399 27" 2560x1440 IPS)

Will just the power brick do it, or does the monitor have to be plugged in? I'm not carrying my monitor to the bathroom, but my brick didn't trip it.

Brick doesn't trip it. It can be in sleep mode plugged in and not trip the GFI breaker. It's when I turn the monitor on that it trips the GFI.

Oddly enough when I switched to the dual link DVI cable that came with the monitor from my monoprice DVI to HDMI cable the issue stopped. The monitor powered on without tripping the GFI breaker.

hmmmm

just picked one up next to my asus 1080p it looks awesome make is look dull lol. but I do get a lot of corner backlight bleed - is that normal on ips?

groebuck: It's probably IPS glow. Does the bleeding follow you as you move around? IPS displays aren't much good for movies/dark room viewing(*VA panels are better suited).

If anyone else is interested, I use use the Crossover 27Q ICC profile from here http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles/icc_profiles.htm and it gives the monitor a pretty good look on standard settings for me.

Bought one of these Auria Eq276W monitors 2 weeks ago, First one had a ton of dead/stuck pixels so i swapped it out. This one doesn't seem to have any so I'm happy. Now I notice that every once in awhile when the computer turns the monitor back it shows only an out of range message and nothing else will show up. If I reboot everything is fine or if I disconnect and reconnect the DVI-D cable it'll be fine. Turning the monitor on and off with the button on the panel doesn't seem to do anything. I have not tried unplugging the power cord to see if that would work as well.
this is very annoying as I do not want to be constantly pulling the cord or restarting.
I have not seen anyone else with this issue. I now am wondering if this is just my monitor and I need to swap it again.

My video card is a EVGA geforce gtx 670 and motherboard is ASUS P8Z77-V

groebuck: It's probably IPS glow. Does the bleeding follow you as you move around? IPS displays aren't much good for movies/dark room viewing(*VA panels are better suited).

If anyone else is interested, I use use the Crossover 27Q ICC profile from here http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles/icc_profiles.htm and it gives the monitor a pretty good look on standard settings for me.

seems to be head on but I am pretty much running out of the box settings with the brightness turned down to 50. I will try the suggested settings.

Bought one of these Auria Eq276W monitors 2 weeks ago, First one had a ton of dead/stuck pixels so i swapped it out. This one doesn't seem to have any so I'm happy. Now I notice that every once in awhile when the computer turns the monitor back it shows only an out of range message and nothing else will show up. If I reboot everything is fine or if I disconnect and reconnect the DVI-D cable it'll be fine. Turning the monitor on and off with the button on the panel doesn't seem to do anything. I have not tried unplugging the power cord to see if that would work as well.
this is very annoying as I do not want to be constantly pulling the cord or restarting.
I have not seen anyone else with this issue. I now am wondering if this is just my monitor and I need to swap it again.

My video card is a EVGA geforce gtx 670 and motherboard is ASUS P8Z77-V

I have not had this issue using a gtx 480 right now.

Would like to add that I am an owner of this monitor and so far I LOVE it! I'm going on approximately a month now. The colors, pixel density, and viewing angles are phenomenal. Best $400 I ever spent on a computer part.

I do notice a slight degree of input lag, but so far it hasn't thrown off my gaming, not that I had much skill to begin with :p

...every once in awhile when the computer turns the monitor back it shows only an out of range message and nothing else will show up....

My monitor will occasionally not show anything when waking the computer after shutting the monitor off (not standby, just shuts off video output). The LED on the monitor changes to green, but I don't get a picture. However, in my case, turning off the monitor and back on fixes it. This has happened maybe three times in the last month.

Now here's the issue countless others are also experiencing. I am unable to view POST, BIOS, or Windows loading screens AFTER upgrading to my EVGA 660TI. My previous card was an old MSI 8800GT, and it was able to scale up the low res images to a viewable format for the monitor. Something with the scaler on the new card won't allow it to show. The monitor remains in standby until the windows desktop. With both cards, I am using the supplied Dual-Link DVI cable that came with the monitor.

Before using the 8800GT as a placeholder, I was also getting a POST image with the IGP of the 3570K CPU using an HDMI to DVI cable. So out of the three combinations I have tried, the most modern card fails to display a picture before the desktop.

I have yet to try any other cables, as I have none. I know DisplayPort cables can be had for pretty cheap from sites such as Monoprice, but I chose to instead hook up an old Dell 15" LCD I had laying around, and it serves as a secondary monitor quite well, although it looks terrible when sitting next to the Auria.

Crappy picture, but it shows the two next to each other! This monitor sure makes my rig look small!
703914_10151322758410944_318974694_o.jpg

I've decided to sell mine. I've spent a couple weeks with it and have decided my eyes prefer 1080p. the font and res is nice, but it's sooooo tiny that I constantly find myself leaning forward or squinting. I have a deep desk ---probably 3.5 feet deep, and I've already got the monitor placed in the middle of the desk. Yes I could increase the DPI to 125 or 150% -- but that makes some stuff look goofy.

The res and extra real-estate is nice, and the monitor sure is pretty - but I just never had an ephiphany moment like everyone promises with these panels and resolutions --- the contrary I've decided I like 1080p better.

If anyone is interested in a pixel perfect model with no abnormal back light bleed and a extended two year warranty then hit me up in PM.

If you only spent a couple weeks why not just take it back to MC?

cause I traded a Panasonic AX200U projector for it from a friend. who had just had this about a month from his initial purchase -- but he wanted a projector more, and borrowed mine for a soccer game party -- that sealed the deal. So it's actually like 1.5 months old from the new purchase at the store --- and there's nothing wrong with it so I personally wouldn't even feel ethically right trying to take it back, or asking my friend to take it back. It's a great looking monitor - just res is too small for my tastes.

Before I had the proper cable, I was limited to 1080p, and I noticed the monitor looked pretty damn good at that resolution, so why not just turn it down? (I was using the mobo output, and was limited to HDMI)

JohnnyGrey86.

Yeah it doesn't look bad at 1080P, but native res still looks better than 1080p on the monitor. I'm considering buying three of these instead.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0098Y77N2\

I like VA panels almost as good as IPS panels ( I had a soyo 24" VA panel) and the 1080p native is better for my preferences. Triple screen gaming with the (3) 27"ers would be pretty fun. I'm just not sure if three 27" monitors in portrait mode would be too tall?!?

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
The backlight glow in the lower right bugs me occasionally on dark screens when I notice it, but for most stuff it really isn't an issue.
24.jpg
8.jpg
25.jpg
26.jpg
27.jpg

as far as I can tell from pictures the Auria should be EXACTLY the same as the overlord multi input. Looks to be the exact same stand and injection molded bezel. Alot of the displays use this setup, its kinda janky not every good looking and glossy but you know you look at the screen not the stand. It also wobbles I opened my auria up and was able to tighten up some screws to reduce the wobble but its not as solid as say my crossover.

So, I just bought one today, I think it's broken. When I plugged it in it turned on right away. I turned on my computer and I saw the Asus post sceen and it booted into windows. I walked away to talk to my wife, came back and now the damn thing won't turn on. No response on any button, even after I tried plugging it back in again

Any ideas? I guess I should try picking up another one, but I don't feel like wasting my time again if I can help it.

Alright so i bought three of the Acer VA panels for $200 each on amazon. 27" 1080P.

Not so impressive compared to the Auria out of the box --- I've got some config settings/color balancing to do for sure - but not impressive out of the box. Viewing angles are nearly, or as good as IPS though with no color distortion to speak of - off axis, or from below.

did you unplug it from the wall then plug it back in?

Yeah. I tried that as well. I suspect the power supply is bad. It got kinda hot, but I also read that is normal. Either way. Monitor doesn't work at this point.

Alright so i bought three of the Acer VA panels for $200 each on amazon. 27" 1080P.

Not so impressive compared to the Auria out of the box --- I've got some config settings/color balancing to do for sure - but not impressive out of the box. Viewing angles are nearly, or as good as IPS though with no color distortion to speak of - off axis, or from below.

Cuz saying it just once wasn't enough. Springfield is a part of us all, a part us of all, a part of us all :p

Update- Switched out the power supply from a new Auria, and my first Auria powered up no problem. I have never had that kind of problem before. It figures. Power regulation is often the cheapest thing skimped on for any budget electronic item.

Now that I got it working, I'm pretty impressed. It's big step up from a 1080p or lower monitor. Color isn't that impressive yet, but the resolution is fabulous. I have noticed glowing in in the lower corners that fades away depending on the angle I look at the screen. It's only distracting from a black screen so far.

Anyone else have the issue where their monitor won't wake up if Win 7 puts it to sleep? Happens both if the whole comp is in sleep mode, or if windows just puts the display to sleep. Connected HDMI currently. My Dell monitor, acting as a second screen, wakes up fine in both instances connected DVI.

Last edited:
Anyone else have the issue where their monitor won't wake up if Win 7 puts it to sleep? Happens both if the whole comp is in sleep mode, or if windows just puts the display to sleep. Connected HDMI currently. My Dell monitor, acting as a second screen, wakes up fine in both instances connected DVI.

I have something similar. Mine won't go to sleep. In my case it was the catalyst drivers. since getting 12.11 catalyst beta drivers, I notice my monitor wakes up instantly after key input. previously it took a good 20 seconds to wake. So maybe your issue cold be driver related?

I have something similar. Mine won't go to sleep. In my case it was the catalyst drivers. since getting 12.11 catalyst beta drivers, I notice my monitor wakes up instantly after key input. previously it took a good 20 seconds to wake. So maybe your issue cold be driver related?

I just installed the latest AMD beta drivers to test but still have the same problem, the Auria fails to turn on about 50% of the time and I have to power cycle the monitor. Maybe I'll have to get a displayport cable or DVI and see if I get the same problems that way

UPDATE: Problems never went away with the latest beta drivers so I purchased a DisplayPort cable from Monoprice and haven't had any further issues. Appears to be HDMI related, but is it the monitor, cable or video card? Doesn't much matter, as it wakes up instantly with a DP cable now

Last edited:
I've this forum over and over before I decided to pull a trigger on this monitor since there is no MC store near by. I had I-INC 28" TN Panel prior to that and wasn't sure whether I need a new monitor. Korean eBay monitors price are climbing up and isn't worth it. So I went to Chicago and visited their MC store, I liked the monitor and decided to get an open box item.
First one had a huge dead pixel so i asked for another one. I couldn't find any flaws with the second one and took it home to Green Bay, WI. I was pretty pumped to plug it in and see the beauty in action. I got native resolution right of the box using HMDI cable, however, BIOS didn't post, it showed the screen for a moment and went black until the Windows loaded.
I used the calibration profile and color setting form this forum (page 6 I believe) and monitor was perfect and ready to use!

I found about 15 stuck pixels so I will have to return this bastard and grab a perfect one yet:) But I'm planning on to keep this thing for sure

MY FINAL Thoughts:
1. No input lag (BF3 tested) when running side-by-side with my old I-INC's 2ms monitor.

2. Super clear resolution, nice bright colors (running on Windforce 7950). I used calibration settings and custom user color from this forum.

3. When playing BF3, it's hard to see at first, everything is smaller compared to my older 28" 16:10 1900X1200 monitor, will have to get used to it I guess.

4. I picked up ACCEL DisplayPort Cable, but it's still Hard to see BIOS post, it lights up and goes away quickly (scaler issues), who cares anyways, I can hit DEL if I need to access it.

5. The stand is horrible, so wobbly and low, I hated that thing immediately. I replaced it with DELL RM361 Stand I got on ebay for $19 shipped, this stand is phenomenal and super high quality, made this monitor look so much better:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230872730865?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

6. I found about 15 stuck pixels (missed them at the store while testing it) so I will have to return this bastard and grab a perfect one yet:) But I'm planning on to keep this thing for sure

Overall this is a very nice monitor and I will reccomend it over Korean Ebay ones!

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I just bought this monitor today from Microcenter.

I feel like the blacks are pretty washed out and I'm not sure what to do about the,

Compared to my 23" Dell IPS which I have as the secondary display now there is a huge disparity in the quality of the black. The Auria feels really cheap in this way and questions if I should return it for a Dell Ultrasharp.

Anyone else experience this or solve it?

Most of these new IPS monitors look bad off angle for blacks. You could return it the question is , since the dell 27 inch is made from a nearly identical panel will you see a major difference?

Most of these new IPS monitors look bad off angle for blacks. You could return it the question is , since the dell 27 inch is made from a nearly identical panel will you see a major difference?

Well my 2 year old Dell e-IPS is much much better than this. It's not even off-angle blacks. The middle of the monitor is practically gray. I'm also thinking that 27" may be too big and I would be happier with 2x 24" with small bezels and nicer stands.

-Terrible blacks even with the brightness turned to 10
-Significant IPS Glow
-Bad stand + large bezel
-Couple other small things that aren't coming to mind atm

Well all the people shouting from the rooftops about these Korean panels really got to me. I think I'll be trying out some different options.

Umm I think you did not read, no one ever said the Auria had a good stand, everyone has always been frank about it being garbage. The only 2 reasons people really buy the Auria is because it comes with a warranty where as most Korean panels do not. It is of course also a reasonable price for a multi input.

There are Korean panels with better stands like the crossover, but the IPS glow is pretty much an issue with all these 27 inch panels. There are makes with better stands though.

I am happy with mine, because well for $400 its the best I can do that will support display port for my laptop.

Umm I think you did not read, no one ever said the Auria had a good stand, everyone has always been frank about it being garbage. The only 2 reasons people really buy the Auria is because it comes with a warranty where as most Korean panels do not. It is of course also a reasonable price for a multi input.

There are Korean panels with better stands like the crossover, but the IPS glow is pretty much an issue with all these 27 inch panels. There are makes with better stands though.

I am happy with mine, because well for $400 its the best I can do that will support display port for my laptop.

... I was just listing all the negative points. I know these have all been mentioned I just think they all add up and don't lend to a good enough product. I was expecting the visual quality to be better, not worse than my older IPS/P-MVA monitors.

I have the Monoprice version, which should be the same thing, and the blacks are far better than my old SOYO MVA panel. Granted, I think that has a lot to do with going from matte to glossy.

Now, I do notice some washing out at off-center angles, and it's mildly annoying. For example, even looking at a black scene on the panel straight on, the right and left corners "glow" a bit compared to the center. But anywhere other than the corners, the blacks are as black as black can be.

I have the Monoprice version, which should be the same thing, and the blacks are far better than my old SOYO MVA panel. Granted, I think that has a lot to do with going from matte to glossy.

Now, I do notice some washing out at off-center angles, and it's mildly annoying. For example, even looking at a black scene on the panel straight on, the right and left corners "glow" a bit compared to the center. But anywhere other than the corners, the blacks are as black as black can be.

Hmm, maybe I should try another one then.

I have no problem whatsoever with HDMI with GTX670. I've even oced and running at 70hz.
This monitor is so (too) bright.

I have no problem whatsoever with HDMI with GTX670. I've even oced and running at 70hz.
This monitor is so (too) bright.

Yeah, I had to turn down the brightness of the monitor quite a bit as well. Seems to be a typical comment.

Back