Auria EQ276W review ($399 27" 2560x1440 IPS)

Just picked one of these up a couple days ago.. Amazing monitor for the price. Playing games at 2560x1440 is GLORIOUS!

So I went to pick one up at Microcenter tonight and the sales guy said they're having tons of returns on these things and both of their display models stopped working after a few days of being left on.

He also pushed the extended warranty hard so maybe it was a ploy to get me to buy that.

That's weird. When I asked how long do I have to return it, the sales guy in my Microcenter said I have 30 days, but so far no one has returned any.

I have used mine for over a month and no problems whatsoever.

Also Microcenter have a 30 day return policy, so if you get any problems that fast you can always return it and get your money back.

Wow that would be a strange sales pitch. They have a customer on hand to close the deal for the TV, and they risk losing the deal to push the warranty by saying the monitor is a POS? Unless they get much more commission from the warranty rather than the monitor, this doesn't make sense. Of course the guy could be a lousy sales rep. Or he may just be telling the truth. What a concept, to speak the truth during a sale. :p

In any case, my Auria is working great so far...knock wood. :)

Last edited:
It would not be surprising if they get more commission or accolades or something from warranties. Inside retail culture this is all the rage. But yeah that is a messed up pitch, too bad they have a real gem and dont know how to treat it, but often they dont treat it well because its not that profitable which is what makes it the gem. Meanwhile the guy would gladly sell you the apple ACD he has for 1K

Has anyone had success running this monitor at *less* than 2560x1440 on NVIDIA cards?

I picked up one of these monitors a couple of weeks ago and have been using it with an HD 5870, which works great over DP and DVI. But recently I have tried using it with a GTX 580 over DVI, and the monitor just reports "No Signal" whenever a resolution below 2560x1440 is used. This makes navigating the BIOS and GRUB boot menu impossible. This does not happen on the HD 5870 with DP or DVI.

Anyone else experience this?

Thanks for the review, I work on pc for around 12-14 hours, do you think glossy screen will be ok for me? because currently i am using anti glare screen and my eyes doesn't hurt working long hours.

Has anyone had success running this monitor at *less* than 2560x1440 on NVIDIA cards?

I picked up one of these monitors a couple of weeks ago and have been using it with an HD 5870, which works great over DP and DVI. But recently I have tried using it with a GTX 580 over DVI, and the monitor just reports "No Signal" whenever a resolution below 2560x1440 is used. This makes navigating the BIOS and GRUB boot menu impossible. This does not happen on the HD 5870 with DP or DVI.

Anyone else experience this?

I have a GTX 590 and I get no signal until desktop. I also am unable to use the monitor between having drivers installed (In the case of doing a complete clean install of drivers). I do have an old 17" NEC that i pull out for 10 minutes, but it still kinda sucks. I'm going to grab a DP cable tomorrow and see if that fixes my issues.

Is this monitor a glossy screen or is it a matte screen? Also I can't seem to find any thoughts on FPS is this monitor OK for games like BF3 etc? At $300 it seems to be a steal in that regard. Also this is a true 8 bit panel correct? I may have to check this one out. I only live about 10 minutes from my local Microcenter and will look at this maybe at lunch or something......

Is this monitor a glossy screen or is it a matte screen? Also I can't seem to find any thoughts on FPS is this monitor OK for games like BF3 etc? At $300 it seems to be a steal in that regard. Also this is a true 8 bit panel correct? I may have to check this one out. I only live about 10 minutes from my local Microcenter and will look at this maybe at lunch or something......

$300? I thought these were $399? $300 and I might go down to Microcenter tonight.

I'm not sure if they are technically glossy, but they are definitely more glossy than my HP ZR24w monitors. Not as glossy as a MacBook Pro though.

I have a GTX 590 and I get no signal until desktop. I also am unable to use the monitor between having drivers installed (In the case of doing a complete clean install of drivers). I do have an old 17" NEC that i pull out for 10 minutes, but it still kinda sucks. I'm going to grab a DP cable tomorrow and see if that fixes my issues.

Any news on this? I tried DVI, HDMI, DVI->HDMI, and HDMI->DVI last night in hopes that one of these combinations would work, but no luck. This is a borderline deal-breaker for me, as dual-booting is common for me. I'm curious if DP somehow works, but my 580 doesn't have a DP port.

I may try a couple of different NVIDIA cards to see if its an issue with all NVIDIA chips or just the GF1xx.

Any news on this? I tried DVI, HDMI, DVI->HDMI, and HDMI->DVI last night in hopes that one of these combinations would work, but no luck. This is a borderline deal-breaker for me, as dual-booting is common for me. I'm curious if DP somehow works, but my 580 doesn't have a DP port.

I may try a couple of different NVIDIA cards to see if its an issue with all NVIDIA chips or just the GF1xx.

Just hooked up the DP, and it works. I can see BIOS, and driver uninstalls don't break anything. Since your card doesn't have DP, maybe try DP > HDMI, but idk

So I went to pick one up at Microcenter tonight and the sales guy said they're having tons of returns on these things and both of their display models stopped working after a few days of being left on.

He also pushed the extended warranty hard so maybe it was a ploy to get me to buy that.

I've been running mine since mid-June and I haven't had any problems at all. Except that OSX Lion doesn't support it so I had to upgrade to Mountain Lion. It's been running fine since then.

Except that OSX Lion doesn't support it so I had to upgrade to Mountain Lion. It's been running fine since then.

What color settings are you using? I've tested the two I have with my Mac Mini / Retina MBP and both look very dull. Oddly, they're more vibrant if I use HDMI but then you lose the full Native resolution. The Dell monitors I have don't seem to have this issue.

I have been thinking about buying this for about 5 months. My local Microcenter has 7 returns on sale for $340 and no brand new units. Seems a little strange, but definitely a good deal...

What color settings are you using? I've tested the two I have with my Mac Mini / Retina MBP and both look very dull. Oddly, they're more vibrant if I use HDMI but then you lose the full Native resolution. The Dell monitors I have don't seem to have this issue.

I had the same problem. You can run 2560 over HDMI if you set the refresh rate to 40hz with switchresx - dunno if that'd be acceptable to you. I personally returned mine.

I wish I were able to figure out how to get 2560 over HDMI @ 60Hz. Works in Windows so it's a software issue

Mine had an open box on sale for $299, with a 2 year warranty extension for $30. Felt like I couldn't go wrong...

I have the same problem with 640x480 res. it works great at 1920x1080 though. I dunno why it doesnt like that solution, fortunately if i need to dick around I have a spare monitor set up. What you can do is plug in your "spare" monitor into the primary input then just set up windows so that this monitor is your primary display, that way when you are booting it pops up on your "spare" display and when you get into windows it pops back to the auria. If you dont have another monitor you can hook up i guess you are boned =/

Guys I'm buying one of these tomorrow and powering it with my tri fire 7970 setup, do I need to buy different cables/dvi/hdmi/DD to get the highest resolution? I know noob question but I have never went over 1920x1200

Thinking about trying on of these. My local micro center has 10 in stock. Anyone tried an Xbox 360 on it yet ?

Thinking about trying on of these. My local micro center has 10 in stock. Anyone tried an Xbox 360 on it yet ?
Philstat mentions it a couple of times within the first 30 or 40 posts.

He says the scaler on it is very good for console use, both 360 and PS3.

Also remember that 1 frame of lag (16ms) is way better than virtually every TV on the market, both plasma and LCD.

Guys I'm buying one of these tomorrow and powering it with my tri fire 7970 setup, do I need to buy different cables/dvi/hdmi/DD to get the highest resolution? I know noob question but I have never went over 1920x1200

Depends on what cable you have. Displayport 1.2, or Dual Link DVI should work if you have either. That being said I just picked one up today because my laptop had no dual link DVI I could not buy one of the better korean models. Ironically all I had today was a VGA cable and it worked at full resolution with my GTX675M. (laptop), though to me the VGA looks a little blury, hard to pinpoint. So I wait until my DP cable arrives.

Last edited:
Just picked mine up today, I honestly can't believe the difference the resolution makes in everything.

I picked one up on Thursday, OC Microcenter. Pretty damn nice, much better than I thought. I have a stand from an old HP monitor that I'm going to mount it on today.

So far, I'm only seeing 1 red pixle... not bad for such a large monitor. I've tried Borderlands 2, Torchlight 2, Guild Wars2 and Skyrim at full rez with lots of eye candy on and it's great, using a 6870 and deciding if I'm going to a 7970 or 7950, waiting on the better price drops.

So far I'm a huge fan of the monitor, we'll see how it stands up over the next week or two... any more bad pixels or issues and I'll return in the 30 day and wait but as of now, this is a great deal.

Just an update. Had mine for about 5 months now. Still as amazing as day-1. Bought the Avengers DVD the other day and my son and I enjoyed watching it on this screen.

I really do need to get a Blu Ray burner now though. :p

just got this today i do notice input lag when gaming vs my hanns-g tn panel. the lag is bad enough that i kinda wanna return this monitor lol. any one else notice the lag? do the korean monitors have as much lag as this one? i would really like a monitor with this res but low input lag.

just got this today i do notice input lag when gaming vs my hanns-g tn panel. the lag is bad enough that i kinda wanna return this monitor lol. any one else notice the lag? do the korean monitors have as much lag as this one? i would really like a monitor with this res but low input lag.

Basically you should check out monitors with a single DVI input. Multiple inputs and scaler increase lag ~1 frame. So yes, some Korean monitors, as well as the Overlord should have minimal lag... but since you won't be able to test yourself, I'd suggest reading up on some of the reviews from people in the other threads here and all over the place.

I was going to buy one of these tonight, have it on reserve at MC, but the no signal at lower res and not seeing BIOS bothers me.

Is there a real solution to this yet? I have a GTX 580 so I can't use DP...thought about trying a DP > DVI adapter but not sure it would work (plus can't fnd in a store would have to order online)

I had trouble with my seemingly nice DVI cable I used on my 24" LG monitor. Switched to the DVI cable that came with the Auria and it booted and worked fine for me.

I did order a mini DP to DP cable from MonoPrice which has great prices even with shipping and tax. Using that now, I haven't spent time calibrating the monitor but I'm really enjoying it.

I am noticing it gives off some heat, so for some of you this may be an issue.

Putting in a lot of XCom Enemy Unknown gaming lately and web surfing... awesome resolution but took me a few days to get my eyes adjusted to it.

Yes, I noticed the same thing. Feels like I'm trying to swing a heavy wet towel when flick shooting in FPS's now.

Shame because the monitor quality is top notch =| The lack of AG coating makes it look better than my zr30w imo.

Yes, I noticed the same thing. Feels like I'm trying to swing a heavy wet towel when flick shooting in FPS's now.

Shame because the monitor quality is top notch =| The lack of AG coating makes it look better than my zr30w imo.

yeah what a bummer i may return it and get a korean 27 inch since its only dvi and people says those have less lag. i am also considering those 30 inch korean monitors but have no idea how the input lag is on those. I just love 16:10.

yeah what a bummer i may return it and get a korean 27 inch since its only dvi and people says those have less lag. i am also considering those 30 inch korean monitors but have no idea how the input lag is on those. I just love 16:10.
The DVI-only boards definitely have less lag, around 1/4 frame, and definitely less than a 1/2 frame.

I don't think the 30" korean monitors really caught on, there may be a thread on them somewhere, but i don't remember seeing one. The risks of buying overseas goes up a lot in the 30" pricerange. And don't be fooled by the seller Red_Cap's personal 1 year warranty, if there's a problem he'll just string you along till your paypal time window runs out.

If you want to game you need to get one of the single input monitors. Dual Link DVI.

Also the reason the 30 inch monitors never took off was because they simply were not nearly as cheap. They often ran $800+ and you could often get a dell 30 inch on sale for a couple hundred more. The 27 inch panels were different they can be had for as little as $300 which put them down into the range that many normal LCDs sell for, on top of that all the big US OEMs want to charge $1000 for the same panel.

The 30 inch panels depending on sales and working your angles might only save you a couple hundred dollars but certainly never came down into the mass market prices range. Also now days I think the 30 inch monitors are cheaper back then they often still ran close to $1000.

I just bought one of these and it is amazing. Also I don't have the resolution issues others have...I can change res and I can see post..with DVI...

So I don't have to use this Displayport cable I bought (thank god..expensive things)

Will report back after checking it out some.

I just bought one of these and it is amazing. Also I don't have the resolution issues others have...I can change res and I can see post..with DVI..
Pretty sure that resolution / post issue is video card dependant.

Edit: As per Sleeprae below, it may be DVI dependant with most video cards, a hit or miss situation, but Displayport seems to always work.

Last edited:
I've had the opportunity to test with several cards that would lead me to disagree:

Gigabyte GTX460 - No POST video
Gigabyte GTX560Ti-448 - POST video
Gigabyte GTX660 - No POST video

This was on two different motherboards: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 and ASUS P9X79-WS. Interestingly, if I entered the BIOS setup utility on the X58, I would get video in the utility.

In all cases I had two of them connected via DVI. Happens with DVI only. DisplayPort works across the board (excluding the 460, which lacks DP). I've since replaced one of the Aurias with the Asus PLS PB278Q, and will soon do the other, with the Aurias going to work. I'm not so much replacing the Auria displays as I am freeing up the monitors to take to work - no way I can use anything less than 2560x1440 now. :)

Back