Auria EQ276W review ($399 27" 2560x1440 IPS)

I'm about to buy an Acheiva shimian QH270-Lite, I wish this monitor would have stayed in stock because I'm nervous about buying a monitor from overseas to a technology I have never used before (IPS). I have a PX2370 currently that I sold and have to ship out tomorrow, and this monitor has amazing response time and extremely low input lag, I'm afraid I'm going to notice the difference big time by moving to one of the Korean monitors, but I'm going to probably make like a frog and leap.

Any additional news on input lag? It's the only thing I'm concerned about.

Probably a little higher because of the built in scaler , a little higher than the regular bare bones 27 inch Korean IPS panels that is.

In general the input latency on these monitors tends to be quite decent. But I've yet to see a benchmark showing the input latency on this monitor.

Pulled out the old CRT and the results are disappointing

Min 56ms
Avg 57ms
Max 60ms

Pulled out the old CRT and the results are disappointing

Min 56ms
Avg 57ms
Max 60ms
I'd wait for more verification because it looks like a flawed result and would be instantly noticeable to other owners when gaming. Most TV's aren't even that bad.

There is a chance that it may not be a flawed result since it is a different model with different boards inside, but the other Korean IPS with a scaler for example had only 16ms input lag (1 frame).

Oh , fuck. Ouch.

That would make it unacceptable for gaming (especially FPS games).

My main concern exactly (I'd also be using this for fighting games though, where lag is also a huge factor). Do any of the other Korean IPS panels have acceptable input lag numbers?

I definitely believe these input lag numbers - I actually think they are somewhat higher if you are using a PS3 or 360 given the additonal scaling. I've played Orochi 3 which is a quick action type of game (very input intensive) on an IBM 21 CRT (C220p), Asus VE258Q & VG236HE, Dell U2711, HP LP2475w & HP 2509b and without question this monitor is exceptionally slower than all of them. I've played dozens of other games such as Tekken 6, Soul Calibur 5, SF Arcade Edition and this display is noticeably slower - I figured the response time was in the 60's if not a little higher.

Do any of the other Korean IPS panels have acceptable input lag numbers?
The base model Catleaps & Shimians with no scaler have 3-6ms input lag (no scaler version) whereas the ones with a scaler have around 16ms (1 frame) give or take a couple of ms.

Since NCX owns and has tested the Crossover Gold (with scaler) we can pretty much assume it's right around the same as the Catleaps and Shimians that have scalers (again, 16ms or so).

I really hope that was a flawed result with the Microcenter EQD Auria.

Ugh hoping for flawed. Thanks for the test though! Definitely have me waiting for more info now. Was going to buy it for a gaming console display/second monitor for my game room. Time to wait for more tests.

Remember this unit has a scaler the Catleaps and othe SK units traditionally don't. The input lag is noticeable but the image quality of the scaler is FANTASTIC. My PS3 and 360 look exceptional on it. Unless you are competing professionally as a gamer it's not a show stopper for example - a loss of 2fps out of 60 is not that noticeable to the every day gamer. I've noticed it because I have and Asus that is much faster, that said, I was still able to play every game with no major issues. Buying local allows you get a better panel - my unit has zero dead pixels and perfect backlighting.

60ms is basically 2405 territory lmao. That is far above what I was expecting and enough to put me off even considering it. I'm trying to get lower input lag, not maintain the same I've had since 2005 :p

Thank you lord that this thing went out of stock before I wasted some money on it.

I'm guessing you used the Flatp panels HD timer and not SMTT 1/2.0?

Then the value will be 3x higher than it actually is

Since NCX owns and has tested the Crossover Gold (with scaler)

I haven't measured anything yet , but subjectively the input lag seemed on par with my Samsung S27A850D which as a little over 1 frame of input lag.

I haven't measured anything yet , but subjectively the input lag seemed on par with my Samsung S27A850D which as a little over 1 frame of input lag.
Wasn't really referring to an input lag test, but i knew you were putting it through it's paces every other way, and that you recognized a frame of lag from your previous Samsung.

Thank you lord that this thing went out of stock before I wasted some money on it.
I'd wait for more testimony before writing it off. Seriously skewed results have happened plenty of times in the past.

Last edited:
I picked this up yesterday at my local microcenter in westmont, illinois. It was kind of funny because when I got their the sales rep scoffed at the price, he said I got to see this because normally auria is known as having pretty low end monitors. They only had one left that apparently was a cancelled web order. He asked if he could take it out to see it and when he did both of our jaws dropped. It was quite humorous because there ended up being about 6 sales reps gawking at this monitor. He told me I seriously hope you do not purchase this because I want to buy it. After checking for dead pixels or funky backlight bleeding I was satisfied and bought it. Going from my 22" TN viewsonic to this was like night and day. The pixel density is so high I need to bump up font sizes because text is so tiny and the colors are amazing. As far as input lag goes it did not feel quite as fast as my TN panel when compared side by side, otherwise I could not notice it. I also noticed that on the website for this panel it mentions that the horizontal and vertical refresh rates indicate the panel could do higher than 60hz though I have yet to try anything like overclocking. My only complaints are that the stand is unstable(though it does swivel and tilt, no height adjustment), the screen is glossy, and the warranty is only 1 year.

Honestly I dont think you are going to find a better deal short of one of a korean panel on ebay. I can post some pictures when I get home from work tonight.

The only game I have tested so far is diablo 3, and it is absolutely gorgeous at that res, With AA on or off the difference is hardly noticable.

I'm in the market for two new 27 inch monitors. Money isn't a question. It is for gaming. Do you guys recommend this monitor?

Here are some pics i took of the monitor. i was looking to see if this had a similar pcb to the catleap version 2B, for overclocking purposes, but it does not. that supports my experience with only reaching 67 Hz in my oc'ing attempt. Did anyone else try to overclock yet?

Last edited:
this monitor looks almost identical to the 3VIEW PCBANK PB2700 SUPER. The Auria has the addition of hdmi and displayport and osd controls, but otherwise the outward appearance is almost identical. i am thinking of picking up a couple of ebay pcbanks and running a triple monitor setup.

i am currently running a 7850 and wondering if 7850 cf would run 3 of these monitors or if i would need to upgrade?

Doesn't putting the monitors in clone mode throw off input lag tests too? I thought I've heard you need a hardware splitter to get a truly accurate measurement.

Good call with it being based off of the PCBANK. I own the PB2700 Super, best monitor I've ever owned (though the bezel is ridiculous) and this is definitely that. I remember everyone was excited when the PB2700 first came out because Korean reviewers were saying it had the best response and input times out of all the Korean IPS displays. So I mean if it is based off of the PCBANK then I would assume respectable levels even with the scaler and extra inputs.

I would hold off getting the tri setup of PCBANK/Aurias though. Get one and see if you like the bezel or not. You're talking like literally 2 inches of combined dead space between monitors. While opening and getting rid of the frame is easy as pie, theres really not much you can do to minimize the brackets and stuff (though I'm no expert).

Good call with it being based off of the PCBANK. I own the PB2700 Super, best monitor I've ever owned (though the bezel is ridiculous) and this is definitely that. I remember everyone was excited when the PB2700 first came out because Korean reviewers were saying it had the best response and input times out of all the Korean IPS displays. So I mean if it is based off of the PCBANK then I would assume respectable levels even with the scaler and extra inputs.

I would hold off getting the tri setup of PCBANK/Aurias though. Get one and see if you like the bezel or not. You're talking like literally 2 inches of combined dead space between monitors. While opening and getting rid of the frame is easy as pie, theres really not much you can do to minimize the brackets and stuff (though I'm no expert).
i already own one auria. i took the pictures a few posts back. it does have a large bezel - thanks for bringing that up with regards to tri monitor setup. i was more looking at the displayport inclusion on the Auria and thinking that adding 2 cheaper pb2700's with just DVI would make a good eyefinity setup. but the bezels would probably be annoying - you are right. i took the front bezel off, but i don't see how to easily remove or replace the back bezel/frame without a major renovation, as you stated, and the back bezel is equally large as the front.

i also started thinking about the serious graphic power required to push 3 2560x1440 at decent frame rates. i would have to move to 7950 cf or possible 7850 (i currently have one) tri cf, but that leads to some additional headaches and serious expense. i could limit myself to gaming on just one monitor and use the others for general productivity tasks and web browsing, but i would love to game on 3 of these monitors :) . decisions decisions.

has anyone else bought this monitor yet - MC is sold out pretty much everywhere on this unit. I was plesantly suprised to see this monitor has HDMI version 1.4 and DP 1.2 - nice to see them use more up to date specs. Here's the homepage for this unit:

http://eqdcorp.com/tvs-and-monitors

has anyone else bought this monitor yet - MC is sold out pretty much everywhere on this unit. I was plesantly suprised to see this monitor has HDMI version 1.4 and DP 1.2 - nice to see them use more up to date specs. Here's the homepage for this unit:

http://eqdcorp.com/tvs-and-monitors

I was looking for the specs on both the HDMI & DP inputs, where do you read that they're 1.4 & 1.2 respectively?

I was looking for the specs on both the HDMI & DP inputs, where do you read that they're 1.4 & 1.2 respectively?
It states it in the enlish printed user's guide that came with it. My monitor also came with all of the correct adaptors and a very high end DVI Cable - I could tell this monitor had been "hand picked/reviewed for dead pixels or something" it had handprints on the clear screen covering the LCD. The unit I bought has zero dead pixels and no backlight bleeding - these were probably a handful of the A+ panels they put in the mainstream to sell vice some of the A- panels coming from Korea that are posted on ebay.

Just screwing around this morning, I pulled up the Microcenter page for this monitor and it showed 4 in stock at the Woodridge store. Figured I'd be crazy to pass it up, and got one. From what I've read, I can't get the native resolution off my Mac until I get a Mini DisplayPort to DVI-D adapter, but it's even gorgeous at 1080p.

Wanted to send a HUGE thanks to austinpike for starting this thread (which is how I found out about it).

EDIT - Does anyone know if I can get the full resolution with a Mini-DisplayPort to DisplayPort cable instead?

I've been debating trading this back in for HP 2711x - it's onsale this week for $239 - which is an awesome buy. I love this monitor, though for console gaming, it seems like the HP is the better bet, not as much downscaling.

Last edited:
EDIT - Does anyone know if I can get the full resolution with a Mini-DisplayPort to DisplayPort cable instead?
Defintely, that's how mine is hooked up. Got this from monoprice. Or this adapter works too. Much nicer than the bulky DVI cable. (and the port isn't hidden behind the stand.) Only issue is there is a release catch/tab on the large end of the cable, and the port on the back of the monitor happens to be backwards from all the other ones I've seen. So once you plug it in, the release tab ends up between the cable end and the screen, if that makes sense. Makes it a bit of a challenge to get it unplugged.

BIG ISSUE just noticed!

I recently bought the Auria EQ276W from MicroCenter - everytime I try to use my PS3 Blu-ray it does audio only - no picture. I also noticed that when I use my AT&T Uverse - once I turn it off - it will not come back on unless I reset the HDMI cable. I believe this monitor is not HDCP Compliant. I tried resetting the PS3 display during playback and the PS3 will not respond to my input at all - you just hear the movie audo at all times. Tried my ASUS VE258Q and it worked instantly. This monitor is definitely not HDCP ready IMO.

It states it in the enlish printed user's guide that came with it. My monitor also came with all of the correct adaptors and a very high end DVI Cable - I could tell this monitor had been "hand picked/reviewed for dead pixels or something" it had handprints on the clear screen covering the LCD. The unit I bought has zero dead pixels and no backlight bleeding - these were probably a handful of the A+ panels they put in the mainstream to sell vice some of the A- panels coming from Korea that are posted on ebay.

Great to know! Thanks for this info. :)

BIG ISSUE just noticed!

I recently bought the Auria EQ276W from MicroCenter - everytime I try to use my PS3 Blu-ray it does audio only - no picture. I also noticed that when I use my AT&T Uverse - once I turn it off - it will not come back on unless I reset the HDMI cable. I believe this monitor is not HDCP Compliant. I tried resetting the PS3 display during playback and the PS3 will not respond to my input at all - you just hear the movie audo at all times. Tried my ASUS VE258Q and it worked instantly. This monitor is definitely not HDCP ready IMO.

Have you tried any other devices, because someone put a review on the microcenter website with a screen shot of the nvidia control panel stating that the monitor was HDCP compliant.

http://microcenter.ugc.bazaarvoice.com/3520-en_us/115825/photo.jpg

Though he stated that was over DVI & DP, but I doubt it wouldn't be supported over HDMI as well.

I have a Blu-ray drive on my PC - though I don't have software for it - OEM. I did notice I was playing a game the other day (PS3) and it had a cutscene and again this monitor only played the audio and then came back to the game once the scene was over with. I'm hoping a couple of others on here may have something else to try it on.

I have a Blu-ray drive on my PC - though I don't have software for it - OEM. I did notice I was playing a game the other day (PS3) and it had a cutscene and again this monitor only played the audio and then came back to the game once the scene was over with. I'm hoping a couple of others on here may have something else to try it on.

Download a demo of PowerDVD and play a Bluray with it on your internal drive. Hook the monitor up via HDMI with your PC to see if you can reproduce the issue.

Downloaded the PowerDVD Ultra Version 12 and it does work with Display Port - it must be the regional settings on my PS3. Confirmed - this monitor does work so far with Display Port just played Forbidden Kingdom - looked amazing.

Last edited:
Downloaded the PowerDVD Ultra Version 12 and it does work with Display Port - it must be the regional settings on my PS3. Confirmed - this monitor does work so far with Display Port just played Forbidden Kingdom - looked amazing.
i posted a couple of pages back that i tested the monitor with ps3 via hdmi and had no problems playing bluray and games (upscaled). i have also played blurays through pc via dvi without issue.

I'm happy it turned out to be a non-issue.

BTW, I called my local micro-center yesterday to find out availability of this monitor. I already knew that they didn't have them in-stock, but the rep I spoke with stated that the SKU was still on a refresh cycle. Meaning they should be receiving more in at a later date. He wasn't able to confirm when they'll get more in, however.

Good to hear - I do beleive this monitor is the Americanized version to a degree compared to the Crossover etc. The multi-units on ebay are $400 or more easily, at least with Auria you are able to buy and return locally if needed - and you are supporitng the U.S. economy vice sending your money to South Korea. Thanks for advice on PowerDVD, can't believe the pricing of this software - WOW. I remember when you could buy PowerDVD for under $10 on ebay routinely.

Good to hear - I do beleive this monitor is the Americanized version to a degree compared to the Crossover etc. The multi-units on ebay are $400 or more easily, at least with Auria you are able to buy and return locally if needed - and you are supporitng the U.S. economy vice sending your money to South Korea. Thanks for advice on PowerDVD, can't believe the pricing of this software - WOW. I remember when you could buy PowerDVD for under $10 on ebay routinely.

Yeah, PowerDVD is very expensive, there's free Media players out there that are just as good or better, IMO. So I've never purchased their software. However, I didn't suggest to use those as VLC or Media Player Classic may not conform to HDCP the way PowerDVD would.

Exactly, I've had the worst luck with purchasing monitors in the past, usually having to go through at least 2 monitors before finally getting one that doesn't have BLB or a slew of dead-pixels. So I'm very wary of purchasing online where the turn-around time to get an exchange is weeks at a time.

Will MC allow me to open the monitor at the store to check for dead-pixels/BLB?

EDIT: Oh, and what's the final consensus on the Input-Lag of this monitor? Is it 1 frame or is it more than that?

Man... I am so close to talking myself into getting one.... 7 in stock at my local Microcenter. $424 out the door including tax and an extra one year of warranty though American Express...

Has anyone at all had a problem with these yet for the intended PC use???

Man... I am so close to talking myself into getting one.... 7 in stock at my local Microcenter. $424 out the door including tax and an extra one year of warranty though American Express...

Has anyone at all had a problem with these yet for the intended PC use???

My only issues are what I mostly listed earlier:
Standard seems to be the only default setting that works for the most part in day to day use - the others all crank up the gamma or crush blacks.
Can't change a lot of the settings like you can typical monitors - especially other IPS displays.
Overall you can't go wrong - it's one heck of a display and is definitely a better looking dispay (image wise) compared to the Dell U2711. I'm still on the fence if I'm going to keep mine or not - the HP 2711x is a beautiful display as well and for $239 - a great deal.

Back